Wachovia

Updated Sep 18, 2014
Updated Sep 18, 2014

2.9

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wachovia.

I went through First Place at the time and I happened to know an employee that knew the manager I was hired by. I submitted my resume and cover letter directly to her and then went through screening, background and the interview. It was a very easy process. I'm not sure what process is in place now that it's Wells Fargo.

Interview Questions
    • THere were no technical questions asked, this was for an administrative position   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Wachovia in June 2011.

I applied and was immediately contacted by a HR recruiter within the next day. The recruiter set up an interview with me and described it as a group interview. At the interview I was there with about 7 other candidates, where we all met in a huge meeting room at a round table. Here we described our past sales experiences and gave a better background of who we are to the recruiter. Then we filled out some paperwork of where we are interested in working and our hours. The recruiter then collected our papers and stated we will be contacted if a match is made. I was contacted immediately that same day for another interview. My next interview was with two managers. This interview was ok, but from my understanding they were looking for people with a finance background.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to reach a sales goal.   View Answer

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wachovia in November 2010.

Contacted by phone and was asked a few questions then invited to a two-part interview. One was one on one and the other was with 2 DM's. Was called the next week for an interview with a store manager. Environment was very friendly and interviewers were awesome. Interviews were all in STAR format.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation/time when you were given a goal to meet, what was the goal? How did you meet that goal? And what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell me why (insert your name) would be perfect for this position?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want this position of this type? And what interests you in working in the financial industry?   Answer Question

Was only offered a floating on-call position and not a permanent position

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wachovia in October 2010.

Interview was wonderful. Interviewer listened to my answers, took notes and responded to my questions.

Interview Questions
    • How would you describe your management style   View Answer
    My recruiter was very experienced in negotiation so it went smoothly. Be prepared to be flexible. Be prepared for a lenghthy background check. Mostly criminal.... Don't let it cause any anxiety, they are just very thorough. In my research, I found that the more counties you have lived in or if you came from another state, it will take a little longer. Also, if you are a married woman, your maiden name search may cause a little delay. But, all in all, if you have no convictions particularly related to any fiduciary concerns you should be okay. It's can a be a bit frustrating if you are anxious to get to work. A word of advice, never stop looking for a new job until you have actually started a job!

Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Wachovia in September 2010.

First i got aphone interview and then i was invited to do a 2nd interview by the DM. The interview went well next step would be a group interview

Teller Interview

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Wachovia in August 2010.

pleasant ineractive
    promotion possibilities not discussed

Interview Questions
    no negotiation on salary possible

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wachovia in August 2010.

First interview was over the phone, then in person. They want questions with a definite answer.

Interview Questions
    you can negotiate however ijust accepted.

Personal Banker II – Registered Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Wachovia in June 2010.

The interview process was simple

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had a challenging goal to meet and you behind in meeting this goal. With only two weeks to go, how did you adjust your work approach to ensure you met this goal?   View Answer
    I did not negotiate - they gave me what I asked for

Service Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wachovia in May 2010.

interviewer made me very uncomfortable

Interview Questions
    • How did you respond to an expeirence where you had to coach someone.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wachovia in May 2010.

Applied online and was invited to a group interview a few days later got a second interview with the regional manager.