Wachovia

109 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Personal Banker II – Registered Interview

Personal Banker II – Registered

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Wachovia in June 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was simple

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had a challenging goal to meet and you behind in meeting this goal. With only two weeks to go, how did you adjust your work approach to ensure you met this goal?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate - they gave me what I asked for

Financial Specialist Interview

Financial Specialist

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Wachovia in June 2009.

Interview Details – There is a personality test and then later a direct face to face interview. Eventually and background check and then a drug test.

Interview Question – Give me a specific time when you had a challenging situation and you turned it into a positive experience for the customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No, they will not allow it. Not one dime

Teller

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in August 2010.

Interview Details – pleasant ineractive
promotion possibilities not discussed

Interview Question – work on Saturday objection   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation on salary possible

Licensed Securities Assistant Interview

Licensed Securities Assistant

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Wachovia in October 2008.

Interview Details – Went on a one on one interview, received offer, had to do drug/background check.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No.

Teller

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wachovia in November 2010.

Interview Details – Contacted by phone and was asked a few questions then invited to a two-part interview. One was one on one and the other was with 2 DM's. Was called the next week for an interview with a store manager. Environment was very friendly and interviewers were awesome. Interviews were all in STAR format.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation/time when you were given a goal to meet, what was the goal? How did you meet that goal? And what was the outcome?   Answer Question
  • Tell me why (insert your name) would be perfect for this position?   Answer Question
  • Why do you want this position of this type? And what interests you in working in the financial industry?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Was only offered a floating on-call position and not a permanent position

Strategist Interview

Strategist

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in June 2008.

Interview Details – Applied for a Strategy job in a Line of Business. Had an initial phone screen with typical questions such as - tell me about your yourself, resume, strength and weaknesses, why this position, why now.

After this 1 week later had a 1x1 with a person from the department. We discussed the position in more detail and my background.

One week later got a decline. Never got an answer why

Interview Question – tell about a time you failed   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in September 2010.

Interview Details – First i got aphone interview and then i was invited to do a 2nd interview by the DM. The interview went well next step would be a group interview

Interview Question – How would you describe your management style?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Wachovia in October 2010.

Interview Details – Interview was wonderful. Interviewer listened to my answers, took notes and responded to my questions.

Interview Question – How would you describe your management style   View Answer

Negotiation Details – My recruiter was very experienced in negotiation so it went smoothly. Be prepared to be flexible. Be prepared for a lenghthy background check. Mostly criminal.... Don't let it cause any anxiety, they are just very thorough. In my research, I found that the more counties you have lived in or if you came from another state, it will take a little longer. Also, if you are a married woman, your maiden name search may cause a little delay. But, all in all, if you have no convictions particularly related to any fiduciary concerns you should be okay. It's can a be a bit frustrating if you are anxious to get to work. A word of advice, never stop looking for a new job until you have actually started a job!

Teller

The process took 6 days - interviewed at Wachovia in May 2010.

Interview Details – First I applied online, and then I recieved an email about the opportunity for a phone interview. After the phone interview I set up a face to face interview with two executives and myself.

Interview Question – How would you benefit this company.?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – non existent

Very Easy Interview

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in March 2010.

Interview Details – I went to a group interview. Then I interviewed with a DM and store manager. Lastly, I interviewed with another DM and the community bank president. Standard questions to share past experiences in managing others. I went a step further on my own and created a business plan, along with a 30 day plan to initiate my longer term plans.

What was not standard was the way the DM and CBP were talking about other TM's, gossiping really. In the interview! I was appalled by their lack of professionalism in doing so and it left me with an extremely negative view of their leadership. This opinion has only grown after working with them for several months now.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to work with an underperforming team member.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There were no negotiations. They offered me well above midpoint for the job I was offered.