Wachovia Interview Questions

Updated Apr 4, 2014
Updated Apr 4, 2014

2.9

Personal Banker II – Registered Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Wachovia in June 2010.

The interview process was simple

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had a challenging goal to meet and you behind in meeting this goal. With only two weeks to go, how did you adjust your work approach to ensure you met this goal?   View Answer
    I did not negotiate - they gave me what I asked for

Financial Specialist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Wachovia in June 2009.

There is a personality test and then later a direct face to face interview. Eventually and background check and then a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a specific time when you had a challenging situation and you turned it into a positive experience for the customer?   Answer Question
    No, they will not allow it. Not one dime

Teller Interview

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in August 2010.

pleasant ineractive
    promotion possibilities not discussed

Interview Questions
    no negotiation on salary possible

Licensed Securities Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Wachovia in October 2008.

Went on a one on one interview, received offer, had to do drug/background check.

Interview Questions
    • What can you bring to the company.   View Answer
    • Have you ever had a difficult situation at work.   View Answer

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Wachovia in November 2010.

Contacted by phone and was asked a few questions then invited to a two-part interview. One was one on one and the other was with 2 DM's. Was called the next week for an interview with a store manager. Environment was very friendly and interviewers were awesome. Interviews were all in STAR format.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation/time when you were given a goal to meet, what was the goal? How did you meet that goal? And what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell me why (insert your name) would be perfect for this position?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want this position of this type? And what interests you in working in the financial industry?   Answer Question

Was only offered a floating on-call position and not a permanent position

Strategist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in June 2008.

Applied for a Strategy job in a Line of Business. Had an initial phone screen with typical questions such as - tell me about your yourself, resume, strength and weaknesses, why this position, why now.

After this 1 week later had a 1x1 with a person from the department. We discussed the position in more detail and my background.

One week later got a decline. Never got an answer why

Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in September 2010.

First i got aphone interview and then i was invited to do a 2nd interview by the DM. The interview went well next step would be a group interview

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Wachovia in October 2010.

Interview was wonderful. Interviewer listened to my answers, took notes and responded to my questions.

Interview Questions
    • How would you describe your management style   View Answer
    My recruiter was very experienced in negotiation so it went smoothly. Be prepared to be flexible. Be prepared for a lenghthy background check. Mostly criminal.... Don't let it cause any anxiety, they are just very thorough. In my research, I found that the more counties you have lived in or if you came from another state, it will take a little longer. Also, if you are a married woman, your maiden name search may cause a little delay. But, all in all, if you have no convictions particularly related to any fiduciary concerns you should be okay. It's can a be a bit frustrating if you are anxious to get to work. A word of advice, never stop looking for a new job until you have actually started a job!

Teller Interview

The process took 6 days - interviewed at Wachovia in May 2010.

First I applied online, and then I recieved an email about the opportunity for a phone interview. After the phone interview I set up a face to face interview with two executives and myself.

non existent

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in March 2010.

I went to a group interview. Then I interviewed with a DM and store manager. Lastly, I interviewed with another DM and the community bank president. Standard questions to share past experiences in managing others. I went a step further on my own and created a business plan, along with a 30 day plan to initiate my longer term plans.

What was not standard was the way the DM and CBP were talking about other TM's, gossiping really. In the interview! I was appalled by their lack of professionalism in doing so and it left me with an extremely negative view of their leadership. This opinion has only grown after working with them for several months now.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work with an underperforming team member.   View Answer
    There were no negotiations. They offered me well above midpoint for the job I was offered.