Wachovia

Updated Sep 18, 2014
Updated Sep 18, 2014

2.9

Teller Interview

The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Wachovia in May 2010.

First I applied online, and then I recieved an email about the opportunity for a phone interview. After the phone interview I set up a face to face interview with two executives and myself.

non existent

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wachovia in April 2010.

Applied online & took a personality test, received an email a few days later inviting me to a group panel interview. a week later, i was called by the recruiter for a 1on 1 interview for a specific branch & 5 days later, received job offer.

Tips:
    Personality test - choose strongly agree or strongly disagree ONLY and you might have to fib a bit because they ask if you've ever lied in your whole life; of course, everybody has ... but don't admit to that.

Group panel interview - IF you are extremely confident in your abilities and skills, as well as have a kick ass answer, volunteer to answer the question first so that you demonstrate your leadership abilities but don't do it all the time so that you also showcase how much of a team player you are.
    **I think its better to let one or two other people answer before you for the first couple questions so you get a feel for the other candidates and possibly can come up with a better answer than theirs. Once you see who your real competition is, then you can start answering first when they ask for volunteers.

1 on 1 interview - Come professionally dressed. If you are a women with medium to long hair, tie it up in a sleek bun or ponytail. Get your nails done, get your eyebrows done & make sure your shoes are in good condition. Men, trim your nails, clean them, keep your hair slicked back. Come with a tie, make sure your shoes aren't scuffed. They want to know you pay attention to detail.

Try not to lie about anything when asked for specific situations - they look at your eyes to see if you are lying (Most people look to up and to the left when they lie), they monitor your behavior for nervousness and are really vigilant when it comes to any inconsistencies with something you've said.

Know the company's accomplishments, i.e. any awards they've won in the past two years, the values, etc! I cannot stress this enough -- I am confident this is why I got my job -- because I knew the awards they've won and why it was important to me, why the values of Wachovia were similar to my own, etc. This helps you stand out from everybody else.

& Ask questions when they ask at the end of the interview if you have any questions!!! "What do you see for the future of this company?" "How successful has this particular branch been?", etc.

Treat this job interview as if its the career of your dreams, even if its not what you want to do for the rest of your life.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if at the end of your shift your drawer was $500 short?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, take it or leave it mentality.

Private Equity Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Wachovia in March 2010.

I had a phone interview with two of the principals of the firm. I subsquently had an in person interview with the CEO and COO. They conducted a full background check with references. The process took two months from begginning to end. it would have been much longer but my background was a perfect fit.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wachovia in March 2010.

I went to a group interview. Then I interviewed with a DM and store manager. Lastly, I interviewed with another DM and the community bank president. Standard questions to share past experiences in managing others. I went a step further on my own and created a business plan, along with a 30 day plan to initiate my longer term plans.

What was not standard was the way the DM and CBP were talking about other TM's, gossiping really. In the interview! I was appalled by their lack of professionalism in doing so and it left me with an extremely negative view of their leadership. This opinion has only grown after working with them for several months now.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work with an underperforming team member.   View Answer
    There were no negotiations. They offered me well above midpoint for the job I was offered.

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Wachovia in March 2010.

Had a face-to-face group panel interview. Each one spoke about their team's area of responsibility and I was given a general description of the job that they were hiring for. They asked about my employment history and how I think I can contribute to their initiatives. I was able to articulate well and though I didn't have the Wachovia experience they required, informed them that I am a quick learner. Explained to them thoughout my career, I have been put in that situation where I have had to learn the project assignment in a short timeframe and have performed succesfully. It was a good interview.

Interview Questions
    • What can you tell us about yourself that you haven't told us already?   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wachovia in March 2010.

Great communication. Do not like panel interviews and do not know why they even exist.

Not negotiable

P/T Teller Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wachovia in March 2010.

I applied online. Received a call to come in for a Group interview a few days later. This was followed by a 1 on 1 interview at the an actual Bank where I would be working. I met with Manager and a lead teller. I was offered the jobs a few days later but turned it down.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you were pressured to do something that you felt wasn't right?   Answer Question

I was offered a full time position with another company

Teller Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wachovia in February 2010.

After applying online I was contacted by an employee in Wachovia's Human Resource department. An interview was set up. I was interviewed by two district managers. They were friendly and easy to talk to. They asked questions regarding problems that have happened to me related to the job and what actions I took to solve them.

Interview Questions
    • Name one time when a customer was frustrated and what actions you took to satisfy the customer.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wachovia in January 2010.

Basic interview process. Fairly easy phone interview then scheduled to take a group interview. Group interview consisted of questions about work experience and sales experience. About a dozen people interviewed together and a handful were chosen. Company is looking for fresh grads to begin their career. There is a question and answer segment at the end, which i recommend that you participate in.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you had to make a hard sale?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Wachovia in January 2010.

technical rounds and couple of phone rounds