Wachovia

Getting the Interview

8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in August 2010.

Interview Details – very detailed and quick for decision; excellent training program; great benefits

Interview Question – things to work on the most   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – negotiated incentive guarantee

Baytown, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Wachovia.

Interview Details – Promoted from Service Banker to Licensed Financial Specialist.

Negotiation Details – No, negotiation b/c I was an internal hire.

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Wachovia in January 2008.

Interview Details – Over the phone interview initially, then you were brought in with a group of peers all applying for the same positions. There were managers in the room with the group observing interactions and then each candidate was pulled out for one on one interviews. I heard back that I was hired in about 1 week or so.

Interview Question – It's been too long - I am not sure.   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in January 2008.

Interview Details – Interview process consisted of two people asking everything from what type of person and worker you are to what you would do once employed by their company. Although I thought I was nailing the interview, their expressions and feedback made me feel like I was not impressing them. I left feeling a lot less confident about me getting the job. I ended up receiving the job and everyone else that was hired explained that their interview felt EXACTLY that same way. They definitely do not want to show whether or not you are doing well in the interview.

Interview Question – What type of numbers have you specifically obtained with your previous employer.   Answer Question

Licensed Financial Specialist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in May 2009.

Interview Details – I had a total of 3 interviews. The first was a meet and greet that also consisted of a personality test. The second was with a Sales Leader and trainer. The last was with the same trainer and the Regional President. The first two interviews were approx 45 minutes. The last interview was only about 15 minutes. I was offered a job the afternoon of my final interview (I had interviewed that morning).

Interview Questions

• Give a situation where a service issue was turned into a sale?   View Answer
  • What famous person do you most admire that isn't a religious or political figure?   View Answer

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in October 2008.

Interview Details – Interview process was typical: phone interview w/ HR, fill out application and do background check, interview w/ sales leader, interview w/ regional manager. Lots of exciting things promised in the interview, like commission potential, busy branches, etc. Turning out not to be as true as promised.

Interview Question – How would you sell me an appointment to come talk about a money market account?   View Answer

Licensed Financial Specialist

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wachovia.

Interview Details – Best to go to an Open House. Then a one on one subsequently. Then an on site interview.

Interview Question – Give us an example of your persuasion of a client.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You can only negotiate within a range.

Licensed Financial Specialist

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Wachovia in October 2009.

Interview Details – was interviewed by hr department originally, and had personality, skills tests. then interviewed with panel of officers before being offered the job.

Interview Question – What was your greatest accomplishment?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wachovia

Worked for Wachovia? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wachovia Licensed Financial Specialist interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Wachovia employees and interview candidates.