Wachovia Interview Questions in North Carolina

2.9

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Securities Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in July 2010.

After applying, process could take upto a month to hear back. Interview format was standard. Basic behavioral questions, takes about an hour. Usually 2-3 people in interivew.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions, nothing hard. Have some STAR (situation, task, action, result) examples in mind before going for interview.   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

interviewed at Wachovia in September 2010.

They generally hire from within. I had one interview,with one person. Communication was very clear amd the job description was accurate.

Interview Questions
    • This was your syandard situational imterview with no curve ball question. Examples imclude, "tell me about a time when..."   View Answer
    No negotiation

Senior Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Wachovia in December 2008.

HR was the first contact, and they were very strong gatekeepers. They were very quick to get me to and from Charlotte for the interview with very minimal work on my part. I sat in one conference room with a glass door, and interviewers rotated in and out. Spoke with 5 different people - of all levels from peers to executives. They seemed very leery of someone interviewing who didn't already live in Charlotte, almost like they were protective of letting new people into their town. They also got very personal about what my spouse was going to do and asked point blank how long I thought I would stay. It was a little off-putting, but I needed a job, so I stuck it out.

Interview Questions
    • "You seem square... Tell me why we should hire you when you seem like you aren't fun to be around."   Answer Question
    I negotiated tooth and nail, but they refused to let me negotiate directly with the hiring manager. I had to negotiate with a woman in HR, and she was not very well prepared to do so, so she became very frustrated with me. She nearly pulled my offer because I wanted to negotiate my salary, my title, my band and I also wanted to talk directly with the hiring manager about my career path. This was a major move across the country for me, so yes, I was very particular about what I wanted from the position (short of a guarantee, but I still wanted there to be an understanding of expectations).

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wilmington, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wachovia in August 2010.

This was a relatively simple process. After the preliminary phone interview and skill testing I was interviewed by two people. The questions to expect were provided ahead of time. The interviewers were very polite and gave me as much time as I needed/wanted to elaborate on answers or examples.

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in September 2009.

The team was very much into panel interviews and group decision making (but on the surface only, at the end management pressured the peers toward a different candidate).

Interview Questions
    • If I had an opportunity to have a dinner with one people, living or dead, who would it be and why   Answer Question

I did not think the manager and I would fit each other well

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in January 2009.

The hiring process depends on how you were referred to the job, I got the interview through networking so I had 2 interviews, the first interview was a 1-1 with the hiring manager, the second interview was a panel interview with the current team members. The interview was mostly behavioral

Interview Questions
    • Had a couple UNIX related questions in the form of problem solving, which threw me   Answer Question
    I was not able to however it was a somewhat junior role so I assume if it was a senior role on the team I would have been able to negotiate. The advice I would give is really know and have a good pulse on the salary level of the job you are applying for so that you are more prepared to "play hard ball" so to speak

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through other source. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in December 2009.

Applied for an internal posting; followed with preliminary phone screen and then interviewed in person by a panel. Interview format is behavioral ie open ended questions along the lines of "tell me about a time where you faced a difficult situation in the work place/overcame adversity, etc" Usually canned anecdotal responses do well in this format. The company may even provide you with a list of target subject matter to facilitate preparation. This is the format used for all but the most technical jobs. The company also highlights diversity as a core value, anything in support of that will be looked upon favorably.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   View Answer

Decided the company was not a long term career fit and made a decision to change professions

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in February 2011.

Call from recruiter, interview, waiting, call from assistant to set up interview, interview with hiring manager, heard nothing, email from recruiter saying that position had been filled internally.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in this position?   View Answer

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in May 2011.

Several questions concerning meeting company referral requirements and "what would you do" type situations. Be prepared to talk about past sales experience and dealing with questions.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you had not met your weekly goal and had to meet it?   View Answer
    • What is a time when your customer service was not up to par and how did you fix it?   View Answer
    did not negotiate.

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Wachovia in June 2008.

The first interview consisted of a general phone interview for screening. The Manager of the Department called me back and we established a time for a second interview/ On the same day of interviewing with the manager I interviewed with at least 5 members of the team. The next week I interviewed with the Director over the department.

Interview Questions

Worked for Wachovia? Contribute to the Community!