Wachovia Interview Questions in North Carolina

2.9

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wachovia (Raleigh, NC) in May 2011.

Interview

Several questions concerning meeting company referral requirements and "what would you do" type situations. Be prepared to talk about past sales experience and dealing with questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had not met your weekly goal and had to meet it?   1 Answer
    • What is a time when your customer service was not up to par and how did you fix it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

did not negotiate.

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wachovia (Charlotte, NC) in February 2011.

Interview

Call from recruiter, interview, waiting, call from assistant to set up interview, interview with hiring manager, heard nothing, email from recruiter saying that position had been filled internally.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in this position?   1 Answer

Loss Prevention Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

interviewed at Wachovia (Charlotte, NC) in September 2010.

Interview

They generally hire from within. I had one interview,with one person. Communication was very clear amd the job description was accurate.

Interview Questions

• This was your syandard situational imterview with no curve ball question. Examples imclude, "tell me about a time when..."   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wachovia (Wilmington, NC) in August 2010.

Interview

This was a relatively simple process. After the preliminary phone interview and skill testing I was interviewed by two people. The questions to expect were provided ahead of time. The interviewers were very polite and gave me as much time as I needed/wanted to elaborate on answers or examples.

Securities Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wachovia (Charlotte, NC) in July 2010.

Interview

After applying, process could take upto a month to hear back. Interview format was standard. Basic behavioral questions, takes about an hour. Usually 2-3 people in interivew.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions, nothing hard. Have some STAR (situation, task, action, result) examples in mind before going for interview.   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Wachovia (Charlotte, NC) in December 2009.

Interview

Applied for an internal posting; followed with preliminary phone screen and then interviewed in person by a panel. Interview format is behavioral ie open ended questions along the lines of "tell me about a time where you faced a difficult situation in the work place/overcame adversity, etc" Usually canned anecdotal responses do well in this format. The company may even provide you with a list of target subject matter to facilitate preparation. This is the format used for all but the most technical jobs. The company also highlights diversity as a core value, anything in support of that will be looked upon favorably.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Decided the company was not a long term career fit and made a decision to change professions

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Wachovia (Charlotte, NC) in September 2009.

Interview

The team was very much into panel interviews and group decision making (but on the surface only, at the end management pressured the peers toward a different candidate).

Interview Questions

• If I had an opportunity to have a dinner with one people, living or dead, who would it be and why   Answer Question

I did not think the manager and I would fit each other well

Senior Information Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wachovia (Charlotte, NC) in August 2009.

Interview

First interview went well, however they wanted to hire someone internally so went with them instead. They like me enough to have a 2nd interview 2mos later. Interviewers were very detailed in their questions and asked me to provide feedback on their current integration (with Wells Fargo) efforts. In the interim between interview 1 and 2 the hiring manager resigned, never a good sign. Who quits their job in the middle of a recession unless it is a bad situation? Very desperate (a little too much) to bring somebody on board. Seemed to me they were having a brain drain with Wells takeover.

Interview Questions

• How would you change the screen design of this portal to be more user friendly?   Answer Question

I had a bad feeling about them. Long decision making process + hiring less qualified internal candidates + Wells takeover + hiring manager leaving - desperation = I'll pass.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wachovia (Raleigh, NC) in August 2009.

Interview

First, you have a phone interview with the recruiter. Questions are similar to what you will find in the actual interview. All behavioral based questions, i.e. "Tell me about a time you had to coach an employee for not performing up to company standards "etc.. The next phase is being interviewed with the hiring manager (District Manager, and possibly another District Manager from neighboring region). More behavioral based questions. Interviewer usually follows predetermined guide. If you pass this, your almost there. The final test is a phone interview with the Community Bank President. These questions are more what you would expect.. What would you do if your branch was failing to meet sales numbers for the last 3 months. What would your first step be? what would your last step be? Have you had a similar situation? etc..

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your most difficult customer experience. How did you handle it, what were your actions, what was the result.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Like any industry, thier first offer is typically what they are willing to provide given what you represent. I renegotiated my salary and was able to get a 2k increase in their original offer.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wachovia (Charlotte, NC) in January 2009.

Interview

The hiring process depends on how you were referred to the job, I got the interview through networking so I had 2 interviews, the first interview was a 1-1 with the hiring manager, the second interview was a panel interview with the current team members. The interview was mostly behavioral

Interview Questions

• Had a couple UNIX related questions in the form of problem solving, which threw me   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to however it was a somewhat junior role so I assume if it was a senior role on the team I would have been able to negotiate. The advice I would give is really know and have a good pulse on the salary level of the job you are applying for so that you are more prepared to "play hard ball" so to speak