Wachovia

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Wilmington, NC

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wachovia in August 2010.

Interview Details – This was a relatively simple process. After the preliminary phone interview and skill testing I was interviewed by two people. The questions to expect were provided ahead of time. The interviewers were very polite and gave me as much time as I needed/wanted to elaborate on answers or examples.

Interview Question – STAR!   View Answer

Columbia, SC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wachovia in April 2010.

Interview Details – I met with a contact whose an FA at Well's Fargo. He forwarded my resume onto the recruiter. I participated in a phone interview then a panel interview the next week which consisted of 3 interviewers (Two district managers and a regional manager). The questions were all situational, "Tell me about a time when you handled an upset client", "Tell me about your biggest sale", "Tell me how you would handle a client who wants to close their account", "Tell me what motivates you", and finally, I was asked to give a one minute commercial explaining why I was the best candidate for the position. I received a phone call 36 hours later and was offered a job.

The best advice I can give anyone is to study before the interview. I typed up all the questions and answers before I participated in my panel interview and it helped tremendously as there was not a single question I was asked which I did not immediatley know the answer. Also, consistently look the interviewers in the eye, and make sure to speak to each of them while answering a question. They grade the interview from a client's perspective. Most importantly, be very, very, specific with your answers. Don't say that something took a long time, but rather one month. They are very, very, stringent about this.

Interview Question – What motivates you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is nothing to negotiate. The base pay was mentioned during the phone interview along with the potential override. Unless one has a book of business to bring over to Private Banking then there is nothing to negotiate.

Greer, SC

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in March 2010.

Interview Details – lied about first location not hiring after interviewing for the position, found out when I finally got to my branch that another girl working temporarily at my branch got hired for that original location.
STAR format interview

Interview Question – what have you done to continue learning as a teller?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they were not very flexible about salary "wells fargo policy"

Tampa, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at Wachovia in April 2010.

Interview Details – Evening Interview starting at 4:30pm. 6 applicants -1 recruiter.
Described position and showed video.
asked 4 questions: Name and past positions, expirence with sales, expirence with customer service, what strengths you would bring.
Pulls everyone out one by one at which point you may get to move to 1:1 with management

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotations

Personal Banker

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in October 2009.

Interview Details – Very nice people. Applied online, received an email from a recruiter regarding the position for a phone interview. The lady was very nice and respectful and at the end she told me she will recommend me to the District Manager for a 2nd interview and that i have moved forward with the interview process. The position was 40 minutes from my house (apparently too far for the District Manager so my 2nd interview was canceled) The recruiter however was very nice and recommended me to a college of hers for a position 20 minutes away from my place (I guess 20 minutes is close enough for them but not 40 minutes). Had to speak to 2 more ladies on the phone and a panel interview was scheduled for me (scheduled 2 weeks later) 2 weeks later District Manager canceled the interview couple of days before it because she was unaveilable (yes she did haha) Interview was scheduled again next week. Interview itself is was very easy as long as you prepare. A lot of sales and customer service questions. Was interviewed by the DM, BM and one more lady (3 people total). Couple of days later I received a call from the recruiter that the position was given to someone with more experience. Everyone was very nice in this company, no complaints, they let you know if you don't get the position. Good luck everyone!

Interview Questions

• In your previous position, did you have any sale goals you had to reach?   Answer Question
  • Are you more of a visual learner, a reader or a listener?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wachovia

Worked for Wachovia? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wachovia Personal Banker interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Wachovia employees and interview candidates.