Wachovia

Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Charlotte, NC

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Wachovia in October 2007.

Interview Details – Wachovia uses a behavorial interview technique in a panel setting, it's called STAR and standes for: Situation/Task-- Describe the situation that you were in or the task that you needed to accomplish. You must describe a specific event or situation, not a generalized description of what you have done in the past. Be sure to give enough detail for the interviewer to understand. This situation can be from a previous job, from a volunteer experience, or any relevant event.
Action you took-- Describe the action you took and be sure to keep the focus on you. Even if you are discussing a group project or effort, describe what you did -- not the efforts of the team. .
Results you achieved-- What happened? How did the event end? What did you accomplish? What did you learn?

Interview Question – Again, it's a behavorial interview, so all questions beagn "Tell me about a time you..." versus asking general questions about strengths & weaknesses   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Received better job offer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Wachovia in October 2010.

Interview Details – Interview was wonderful. Interviewer listened to my answers, took notes and responded to my questions.

Interview Question – How would you describe your management style   View Answer

Negotiation Details – My recruiter was very experienced in negotiation so it went smoothly. Be prepared to be flexible. Be prepared for a lenghthy background check. Mostly criminal.... Don't let it cause any anxiety, they are just very thorough. In my research, I found that the more counties you have lived in or if you came from another state, it will take a little longer. Also, if you are a married woman, your maiden name search may cause a little delay. But, all in all, if you have no convictions particularly related to any fiduciary concerns you should be okay. It's can a be a bit frustrating if you are anxious to get to work. A word of advice, never stop looking for a new job until you have actually started a job!

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Wachovia

Worked for Wachovia? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wachovia Project Manager interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Wachovia employees and interview candidates.