Wachovia

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Information Architect Interview

Senior Information Architect
Charlotte, NC

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in August 2009.

Interview Details – First interview went well, however they wanted to hire someone internally so went with them instead. They like me enough to have a 2nd interview 2mos later. Interviewers were very detailed in their questions and asked me to provide feedback on their current integration (with Wells Fargo) efforts. In the interim between interview 1 and 2 the hiring manager resigned, never a good sign. Who quits their job in the middle of a recession unless it is a bad situation? Very desperate (a little too much) to bring somebody on board. Seemed to me they were having a brain drain with Wells takeover.

Interview Question – How would you change the screen design of this portal to be more user friendly?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had a bad feeling about them. Long decision making process + hiring less qualified internal candidates + Wells takeover + hiring manager leaving - desperation = I'll pass.

Worked for Wachovia? Contribute to the Community!