1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Senior Information Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia (Charlotte, NC) in August 2009.

Interview

First interview went well, however they wanted to hire someone internally so went with them instead. They like me enough to have a 2nd interview 2mos later. Interviewers were very detailed in their questions and asked me to provide feedback on their current integration (with Wells Fargo) efforts. In the interim between interview 1 and 2 the hiring manager resigned, never a good sign. Who quits their job in the middle of a recession unless it is a bad situation? Very desperate (a little too much) to bring somebody on board. Seemed to me they were having a brain drain with Wells takeover.

Interview Questions

• How would you change the screen design of this portal to be more user friendly?   Answer Question

I had a bad feeling about them. Long decision making process + hiring less qualified internal candidates + Wells takeover + hiring manager leaving - desperation = I'll pass.