Wachovia Teller Interview Questions & Reviews

2.8

27 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Orlando, FL
Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Wachovia in October 2010.

It was a group interview. We were asked to introduced ourselves and then we heard more about the company and stuff. We also watched a video. Then we were asked 3 questions and went around the room everyone answering the 3 questions. That was pretty much it.

Interview Questions
  • Why Wachovia/Wells Fargo?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer? What was the problem? How did you resolve it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Wachovia

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in October 2010.

I applied online and took a skills test - apparently, I passed, since I was called the following week for a group interview. Then a week after the group interview, I was told to come in for an interview with a branch manager. Then I had to wait another week for a call back from HR, saying that I got the job and had to pass fingerprinting/background check, which I'll go in for on Monday.

The group interview really wasn't that bad, except that there were about 14 people in my particular group interview. The recruiter will ask you situational questions about when you last achieved a goal, what your highest accomplishment consists of, or a time when you provided exceptional customer service. As long as you use the STAR format and do NOT talk about personal examples, you should be fine. So I'd advise staying away from answers like "my goal is to be a nurse anesthetist" or "I perform exceptional service by saying 'hi' to strangers on the street, so I perform exceptional service everywhere and everyday" - I kid you not, these were real answers others said during the interview. The point of the interview is so that you can prove you can sell products, not to provide you with a forum for your tangential rants about your personal views or non-banking related goals. With every answer, PUSH sales.

My interview with the store manager and branch manager was very similar to the group, except more questions. I actually enjoyed the interaction and shared quite a few laughs, but, again, I used the same approach and apparently they loved me.

Interview Questions
    • Provide a time when you delivered exceptional customer service. How did you deal with the situation?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Macon, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wachovia in October 2009.

Phone call, Group presentation/interview with various company representatives and also other applicants.

Interview Questions
    • Usual behavioral questions. Very customer service and team oriented questions.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. They start their tellers at the same hourly rate. I was paid more due to language skills. Im sure experience in the field would increase your pay also, but I did not have any.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ewing, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ewing, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in March 2010.

The interview went very well. Mostly in STAR format--situation, task, action, results. Makes sure you really know the company and the position details...do your homework. Had a phone and face to face interview. Phone interview was with a recruiter and in-person interview was with a hiring manager at the office. Questions were mostly behavioral and situational.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you respond?   Answer Question
    • If you had a cash difference at the end of the day, what would you do? What if your manager was not available and all your colleagues were busy helping customers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Wachovia in August 2010.

star-situation/task activity result

Interview Questions
    • it's wednesday morning and after reviewing your sales goals, and finding that you are behind, tell me what you did to meet your goal   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Employee  in  Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wachovia in January 2010.

he interview was la they really were dumb questions with very detailed ways to be answered. The questions would drain you out so much you would do bad in the interview.

to low

Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in May 2010.

I applied in the second week of April and received and email for an interview mid-May. The interview was in group format with 2 bank managers, 1 recruiter and 5 candidates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Wachovia in April 2010.

1. personality test on the computer: (example): strongly agree, agree, disagree, strongly disagree), you will get an e-mail letting you know whether you passed or failed, if you pass you will be contacted by a recruiter by email to set up a time to call for a phone interview
    2. phone interview: very short and to the point if you "pass" you will set up an in person interview...

Interview Questions
    • Phone Interview: Education backgorund, expected salary, FT/PT, last jobs/ duties...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in September 2009.

I filled out an online application on the career section of the employer's website. I later received a phone call from a local recruiter. The recruiter asked me a few questions about why I wanted the job and my skills. The interviewer told me that the interview with the manager would involve behavioral type questions and she gave me a handout about how to prepare for this type of interview. I was later asked to interview with the store manager and the teller manager. The recruiter called me a few days later and told me that I passed the interview. I thought this interview process was easier than other major banks and that this bank focused more on customer service than sales.

Interview Questions
    I was asked what I would like to earn per house. I said it doesn't matter, what ever the minimum wage was at the time. I was told that they position usually earns 10 per hour. Later to my surprise I found out I was offered 12.50 on my acceptance letter. I think the offer is based off of previous relevant work experience because I know some people made 25 to 50 cents more.

Anonymous Employee  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Wachovia in February 2010.

The hiring process for becoming a Teller at Wachovia is pretty laid back. You start of with an online application that requires you to take a Unicru personality test, one of those where they give you a statement and you have to say whether you: Strongly agree, agree, feel neutral, disagree, or Strongly disagree. I have failed several of these tests in the past, so I did some research. (Small hint: agree and disagree are always wrong, you should always pick one of the "strongly" options. Also, absolutely do NOT be honest. To pass this test you actually have to claim to have never told a lie or broken a promise in your life.) Anyway, along with the personality test is a basic skills test. It involves some pretty simple arithmetic questions. You can fly right through it if you have a calculator next to you.

Once you pass, they notify you that they would like you to com in for a group orientation. They explain to you the different career paths at Wachovia and that the type of personality traits they look fo in an employee. They also ask everyone to go around the room sharing a little about their education and work experience. The recruiters are basically feeling everyone out to decide who they'll invite for a 1 on 1 interview.

If you're selected for an interview, they'll call you in for a meeting with the manager and whatever bank they have a Teller opening. They'll ask you pretty standard interview questions,

i.e.

1. Name two of your greatest strengths
    2. Two greatest weaknesses
    3. Tell me about a time when you didn't get along with someone you were working with in a group or team and explain how you handled it
    4. Why do you want to be a teller?

They also toss out some situational questions, like what would you do if you balanced your transactions at the end of the day and you found you were $500 short?

Nothing too crazy. To nail the interview just make sure you stress your cash-handling experience, that you love working in teams, and are very goal-oriented. Working as a teller, they set goals for you on a daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly basis. They want to be sure they hire people that respond well to that kind of environment.

Interview Questions
    • What would you of if after reviewing your transaction, you found you were $500 short?   Answer Question

Worked for Wachovia? Contribute to the Community!