Wachovia

Average Difficulty
27 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Paramus, NJ

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in January 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online, took a personality assessment, and was contacted by the recruiter within a week. We then interviewed by phone. After that, a panel iterview was conducted, and the job was offered. Be specific in your interview answers. They want specific examples and not generalized answers.

Interview Question – Name a specific time that you helped someone who was upset and how you helped that person.   Answer Question

Teller

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Wachovia in November 2009.

Interview Details – I applied on line for a teller position. after 3 weeks I got an email asking me for a phone interview. The phone interview was with one of the recruiter and she was really nice, she basically just asked about my past experience and explained the company's services. After the phone interview she told me that I will be moving on and do a face to face interview with branch and teller manager. She scheduled my interview for the next day. The interview with branch and teller managers went really well, they took turn asking me questions and giving me hypothetical situations. The interview was about 40 minutes and when done they told me that they will let me know in 2 days. After 2 days i got a call and was offered the job. its a very nice place to work and the management and employees are very friendly and kind. Good Luck everyone.

Interview Question – why team work is important for you? If it isn't explain why not.   Answer Question

Pennington, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in August 2009.

Interview Details – I interviewed with the Teller Manager and the Branch Manager at the same time. They used the S.T.A.R. interview method which consisted of long and overly complicated questions. My answers were to be given in the format of:
S. describe the Situation
T. describe my Task
A. what Action did I take
R. what was the Result

Interview Questions

• Describe how you handled an upset customer.   Answer Question
  • If you appear to be short on meeting your sales quota, how would you try to boost sales/referals?   Answer Question

Teller

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in January 2009.

Interview Details – You may apply online as well as immediately completely an online test. If qualified you are contacted by a HR Personnel to set up an interview. Afterwhich, if you are successfull in the interview then you be offered a job on spot or sometime after by phone.

Interview Questions

• What made you apply at the company?   View Answer
  • Describe your worst experience in customer service as it relates to an irate customer?   Answer Question

Teller

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wachovia in May 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online and was invited to a group interview a few days later got a second interview with the regional manager.

Interview Question – Tell me what you know about the company   Answer Question

Teller

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in August 2010.

Interview Details – First interview was over the phone, then in person. They want questions with a definite answer.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – you can negotiate however ijust accepted.

Teller

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in August 2010.

Interview Details – pleasant ineractive
promotion possibilities not discussed

Interview Question – work on Saturday objection   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation on salary possible

Teller

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wachovia in November 2010.

Interview Details – Contacted by phone and was asked a few questions then invited to a two-part interview. One was one on one and the other was with 2 DM's. Was called the next week for an interview with a store manager. Environment was very friendly and interviewers were awesome. Interviews were all in STAR format.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation/time when you were given a goal to meet, what was the goal? How did you meet that goal? And what was the outcome?   Answer Question
  • Tell me why (insert your name) would be perfect for this position?   Answer Question
  • Why do you want this position of this type? And what interests you in working in the financial industry?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Was only offered a floating on-call position and not a permanent position

Teller

The process took 6 days - interviewed at Wachovia in May 2010.

Interview Details – First I applied online, and then I recieved an email about the opportunity for a phone interview. After the phone interview I set up a face to face interview with two executives and myself.

Interview Question – How would you benefit this company.?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – non existent

Teller

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wachovia in May 2009.

Interview Details – went to a job fair. Passed by thr recruiter. interviewed again on the phone.then interviewed by 2 mangers using the star format.situation task action result.interviewed finally by the DM. Landed the job.

Interview Question – why should we hire you?   View Answers (2)