Wachovia

Wachovia Teller Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wachovia in October 2009.

Phone call, Group presentation/interview with various company representatives and also other applicants.

Interview Questions
  • Usual behavioral questions. Very customer service and team oriented questions.   Answer Question
There was no negotiation. They start their tellers at the same hourly rate. I was paid more due to language skills. Im sure experience in the field would increase your pay also, but I did not have any.

Other Interview Reviews for Wachovia

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Wachovia in September 2009.

I filled out an online application on the career section of the employer's website. I later received a phone call from a local recruiter. The recruiter asked me a few questions about why I wanted the job and my skills. The interviewer told me that the interview with the manager would involve behavioral type questions and she gave me a handout about how to prepare for this type of interview. I was later asked to interview with the store manager and the teller manager. The recruiter called me a few days later and told me that I passed the interview. I thought this interview process was easier than other major banks and that this bank focused more on customer service than sales.

Interview Questions
    I was asked what I would like to earn per house. I said it doesn't matter, what ever the minimum wage was at the time. I was told that they position usually earns 10 per hour. Later to my surprise I found out I was offered 12.50 on my acceptance letter. I think the offer is based off of previous relevant work experience because I know some people made 25 to 50 cents more.

Anonymous Employee in Pennington, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Pennington, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wachovia in August 2009.

I interviewed with the Teller Manager and the Branch Manager at the same time. They used the S.T.A.R. interview method which consisted of long and overly complicated questions. My answers were to be given in the format of:
    S. describe the Situation
    T. describe my Task
    A. what Action did I take
    R. what was the Result

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you handled an upset customer.   Answer Question
    • If you appear to be short on meeting your sales quota, how would you try to boost sales/referals?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wachovia in January 2009.

You may apply online as well as immediately completely an online test. If qualified you are contacted by a HR Personnel to set up an interview. Afterwhich, if you are successfull in the interview then you be offered a job on spot or sometime after by phone.

Interview Questions
    • What made you apply at the company?   View Answer
    • Describe your worst experience in customer service as it relates to an irate customer?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wachovia in November 2010.

Contacted by phone and was asked a few questions then invited to a two-part interview. One was one on one and the other was with 2 DM's. Was called the next week for an interview with a store manager. Environment was very friendly and interviewers were awesome. Interviews were all in STAR format.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation/time when you were given a goal to meet, what was the goal? How did you meet that goal? And what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell me why (insert your name) would be perfect for this position?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want this position of this type? And what interests you in working in the financial industry?   Answer Question

Was only offered a floating on-call position and not a permanent position

Teller Interview

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Wachovia in August 2010.

pleasant ineractive
    promotion possibilities not discussed

Interview Questions
    no negotiation on salary possible

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wachovia in August 2010.

First interview was over the phone, then in person. They want questions with a definite answer.

Interview Questions
    you can negotiate however ijust accepted.

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wachovia in May 2010.

Applied online and was invited to a group interview a few days later got a second interview with the regional manager.

Teller Interview

The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Wachovia in May 2010.

First I applied online, and then I recieved an email about the opportunity for a phone interview. After the phone interview I set up a face to face interview with two executives and myself.

non existent

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wachovia in April 2010.

Applied online & took a personality test, received an email a few days later inviting me to a group panel interview. a week later, i was called by the recruiter for a 1on 1 interview for a specific branch & 5 days later, received job offer.

Tips:
    Personality test - choose strongly agree or strongly disagree ONLY and you might have to fib a bit because they ask if you've ever lied in your whole life; of course, everybody has ... but don't admit to that.

Group panel interview - IF you are extremely confident in your abilities and skills, as well as have a kick ass answer, volunteer to answer the question first so that you demonstrate your leadership abilities but don't do it all the time so that you also showcase how much of a team player you are.
    **I think its better to let one or two other people answer before you for the first couple questions so you get a feel for the other candidates and possibly can come up with a better answer than theirs. Once you see who your real competition is, then you can start answering first when they ask for volunteers.

1 on 1 interview - Come professionally dressed. If you are a women with medium to long hair, tie it up in a sleek bun or ponytail. Get your nails done, get your eyebrows done & make sure your shoes are in good condition. Men, trim your nails, clean them, keep your hair slicked back. Come with a tie, make sure your shoes aren't scuffed. They want to know you pay attention to detail.

Try not to lie about anything when asked for specific situations - they look at your eyes to see if you are lying (Most people look to up and to the left when they lie), they monitor your behavior for nervousness and are really vigilant when it comes to any inconsistencies with something you've said.

Know the company's accomplishments, i.e. any awards they've won in the past two years, the values, etc! I cannot stress this enough -- I am confident this is why I got my job -- because I knew the awards they've won and why it was important to me, why the values of Wachovia were similar to my own, etc. This helps you stand out from everybody else.

& Ask questions when they ask at the end of the interview if you have any questions!!! "What do you see for the future of this company?" "How successful has this particular branch been?", etc.

Treat this job interview as if its the career of your dreams, even if its not what you want to do for the rest of your life.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if at the end of your shift your drawer was $500 short?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, take it or leave it mentality.