Wachovia

Relevance Date Difficulty

Web Developer Interview

Web Developer
Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wachovia in May 2008.

Interview Details – My initial interview was actually with a recruiter first who asked me several questions about my skill set and what I was able to do as a developer. Once he was satisfied with my responses he set me up with a technical test. It was pretty straight forward but did take an hour out of my day. It was a timed test. Once I passed that test the recruiter called on a regular basis until we synced up a phone interview with the hiring manager. The manager rescheduled with me 2 times but we eventually connected. The day after that I received a call from the recruiter who told me that they wanted to interview me in person. That took approximately a week. I interviewed with the hiring manager, a technical specialist, and then select members of the team I was to be working with. I received a call the next day with the job offer. I found out that I was against several other people. I accepted the position and then several months later was in charge of screening and interviewing more developers to expand the team. Great Experience. The environment was awesome, fast pace and VERY busy due to a merger. Over all the people that I worked with were the best to date and I have been contracting for several years and have worked at several places.

Interview Question – Explain how to build a dynamic drop down menu in flash without using a built in component.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I negotiated the rate I was requesting upfront, once It was agreed upon, there was no further negotiation.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Wachovia

Worked for Wachovia? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wachovia Web Developer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Wachovia employees and interview candidates.