Wackenhut

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Personal Assistant Interview

Creve Coeur, MO

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wackenhut in January 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process was fairly painless, I was to go in person to fill out a 13-15 page application, it did have to be incredibly detailed which was at times a bit hard to be that specific. Shortly after that I did one interview and had to wait for the drug test results. A week later I was hired! Everyone in the office was very welcoming at first. What was terrible is afterwards, working in that environment was terrible! A lot of emotional abuse goes on in that office, everyone ends up crying at one time or another.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question asked during the interview was if my background is run will anything pop up, of course I said no and what was surprising is it is as if they did not believe me, they laughed and asked "are you sure" two or three more times. I don't know if they are not used to meeting someone with a perfect record or not but that was the case here, I just thought that was a bit odd is all.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not have to negotiate because I was satisfied with the amount offered to me

Very Easy Interview

Security Officer Interview

Security Officer
Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wackenhut in October 2010.

Interview Details – I only had one interview. I was asked basic questions relating to prior experience and education. The interview process was easy. The most difficult part was the extensive background check. If you have lived in multiple states, then the background check delays your start date.

Interview Question – My most difficult question, related to the job was how do I feel about standing in adverse weather for the entire duration of my shift.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not negation phase. All officers starts at the same pay, based on which site you accept or what the client pays.

Manager of Training Interview

Richmond, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wackenhut in September 2010.

Interview Details – Worked as a consultant/contractor to provide training services. Asked by management to join G4S training staff. Not much of an interview as they already knew my background and reputation. Had also worked for the company previously as a supervisor.

Interview Question – No real questions asked. It was more of a getting to know you type session.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I needed flexibility due to a family member who was gravely ill at the time. We agreed on that issue and I accepted the offer (it was at least $7 an hour less than what I made previously), but staff and management were friendly and office was local.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Custom Protection Officer Interview

Custom Protection Officer
Albuquerque, NM

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Wackenhut in April 2013.

Interview Details – Job application was via the company website. I received a call to come in for an interview within two weeks. The interview consisted mostly of a few basic questions on my past experience in Security and why I left my last employer. After a brief description of the types of accounts the branch had in operation, I was offered the job pending the successful completion of a background investigation.

Interview Question – There questions were rather simple and straight forward. The only question that required more than a yes or no question was the one regarding the reason I left my last employer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pay is non-negotiable. You will be paid the standard base rate for the position you are hired for (Traditional Security, Custom Protection, or Bank Protection Officer) or the rate the client contract spells out, which ever is greater.

Very Easy Interview

G4S Custom Protection Interview

G4S Custom Protection
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wackenhut in March 2012.

Interview Details – Came in and they asked me about my backround and I got a job offer. No questions asked

Interview Question – What did I know about the company   Answer Question

Security Officer Interview

Security Officer

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wackenhut in January 2009.

Interview Details – Board type atmosphere

Interview Question – How long can you commit to this job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – na

Custom Protection Officer Interview

Custom Protection Officer

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wackenhut.

Interview Details – I saw their ad in the paper for Custom Protection Officers. It was one of the few companies that required prior experience or education in Criminal Justice or Security. Because of this, the pay was much higher than most and I decided to apply. They had an address listed and said to apply in person, which I did. I showed up dressed in business attire and was met by the general manager of that branch. He looked at my resume and qualifications and handed me a stack of paperwork for the application. I was lead into a different room to fill out the paperwork, which I returned. At that point he reviewed it, asked a couple more questions, asked me to use their phone to do some sort of tax verification thing, and said you're hired, pending the outcome of your drug test and background investigation. Overall, the people that I've met in the office are friendly, at least at first. I did tend to find some of the practices in the office a bit impersonal. For example, employees have to be buzzed in an escorted just like non-employees. Many of the personnel I had direct experience with were disorganized and there were many mistakes made, from improper pay rates to not having jobs available for employees forced off their current job site because the employee was not properly equipped for that location, despite repeated requests to be allowed time to do so.

Interview Question – None, the interview questions were pretty standard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not much negotiation, the manager proposed it very matter of fact. It was sort of like you're hired and we're going to pay you x dollars ok? While the offer was certainly more than fair, consider that you will be doing much more work, in worse conditions with more irresponsible rules than you expect. My first month there I was working 60+hrs a week not counting the nearly 2 hour, one way commute.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Wackenhut? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wackenhut interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Wackenhut employees and interview candidates.