Waddell & Reed Financial Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Waddell & Reed (Salt Lake City, UT) in July 2015.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews. First interview focusing on regular behavioral questions. Ex: Why finance? Why financial advising? etc. Second interview more in depth about position. A lot of focus was placed on the 'marketing', they really want you to utilize your natural market (family and friends). Third interview was going over how you will be paid. This part was rather confusing and lengthy.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Waddell & Reed

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Waddell & Reed (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

The first initial interview is more like an informational session for both the applicant and employer. After a brief overview of the job you are given several packets with additional information and asked to return for a second, third and forth which is the last. Its a very nice company and very informative during the interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Waddell & Reed (Riverside, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Brief introduction to the jobs and the influence of the company in the industry and the main products of the company and how will we get trained in the company .

Interview Questions

• What are key factors that made a successful financial advisor?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Waddell & Reed (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Really cared about what career can do & making a difference in people's lives. Marketing was not friends & family but entrepreneurial business owner mindset. Felt prepared and very highly selected

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be an advisor and how will you change peoples lives?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Waddell & Reed (San Diego, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Went in for a Career Preview. Was more of an overview of the company and overview of the job then an actual interview. I did talk personally with the branch manager one on one but this was only because other recruits did not show up for this event. Was informed that the process itself would be basically three weeks of interviews and consideration. Was emailed a personality test.

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Waddell & Reed (Scottsdale, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

Was supposed to meet with District Mgr but she was busy so I met with the Main Principal (Head Honcho). The office was hard to find because the address was not on the Navigation Grid. Nice office. Nice receptionist. The original person who was supposed to interview me couldn't because she was too busy.

Interview Questions

• What were my future plans? My background? Explained the very competitive payout structure (draw) and how the firm supports the advisors for (3) years as opposed to only 1 year as in the past. Very amiable interviewer. Nice informal conversation. Seems like a great firm for someone looking to grow (or buy) a book in the future. I was impressed.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Waddell & Reed (San Diego, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Very casual 30-minute interview. Quickly went over my resume but mostly talked more about the position. The position is more of a sales position. Although I was told I wasn't going to be selling products to friends and family, at the end of the day, that is pretty much what the position is.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths? What strengths do you think are necessary for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Waddell & Reed (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Multiple interview format with personality test. First interview is with firm head. Be prepared to discuss potential markets you'd like to explore. Background check includes both personal financial issues as well as criminal.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in financial services?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Waddell & Reed (San Mateo, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

When they invite you to come to the office, it's really just a career preview with a bunch of other candidates. You all sit in a conference room and take notes. At the end, you decide if this is the right career for you (has a lot to do with sales), and if it is, you schedule an actual one-on-one interview. They also email you the LIMRA test, which has a bunch of questions about sales, how comfortable are you with selling to your friends & family, are any of your family members in sales, etc. If you don't pass, they give you a call and don't allow you to proceed with the scheduled interview.

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Waddell & Reed (Riverside, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The office of Waddell & Reed in Downtown Riverside is very nice. The secretary was welcoming, and the interviewer really seemed like he wanted to get to know me to see if I was a good fit for the position. For those who are trying to get an intern position while being a full-time student, they do recommend being hired three months prior to when you graduate. There are also multiple rounds of interviews, and each interview lasts around 40 minutes

Interview Questions

• Are you looking to go into a business that is rewarding?   Answer Question