Waddell & Reed Financial Advisor Interview Questions & Reviews

88 interviews

2.2

88 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Advisor Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Waddell & Reed.

It wasn't an interview. They just told us about the position and then they called some of us back if we were interested in pursuing careers in the financial services industry. As long as you let them know during the first group "interview" that you want to be a financial advisor in the future, they will cal you for a second interview where they just tell you more about the position and do your background check so you can start the position.

Other Interview Reviews for Waddell & Reed

Financial Advisor Interview

Overall process was 3 interviews, taking place over the course of 2 weeks. Met with a current advisor, District Manager and Managing Principal. Initially found me via posting my resume on Monster. First two interviews lasted about 45 minutes each, final interview was about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were really based on relationship building and whether or not I was ready to utilize my own funds to build the business.   Answer Question
    No negotiation; job is 100% commission & bonus based.

Financial Advisor Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Waddell & Reed.

I posted my resume online and got a call from the recruiter and scheduled an interview. The interview lasted about half an hour and just some basic behavior questions. After the interview, they will ask you to do a test to see if you have some personalities to do the job.

Financial Advisor Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Waddell & Reed in June 2014.

I applied the resume on the website and it take a few days to get responded. There is tend to be a one hour webinar at first, just briefly introduced to Waddle & Reed and the role of a Financial Advisor. After the webinar, you need to complete a Pre- Kit selection onsite questionaire called LIMRA's Assessment Hub. When you finished the questionaire on time, the recruiter will contact you soon.
    This job is aiming at U.S Citizen and do not provide sponsorship to those F1 status students. Since I am neither both of them, I was told not to be considered ever after.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Duluth, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, MN

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Waddell & Reed in March 2014.

Started by sending in a resume and cover letter to HR. They forwarded my information to the local branch manager who contacted me looking to come in for an "interview." We really just talked about it more than anything and then set up a time to meet again. This process went on for several months. Luckily I had another job, other wise the process would have been more than frustrating.

Interview Questions
    It is commission based pay without a set work schedule, therefore there was no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Southlake, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Waddell & Reed in April 2014.

Emailed after posting to CareerBuilder. Held 1st 2nd interviews with Jimmy inside a week. 3rd received offer. Keep current job while studying/getting licensed -**huge plus W&R production requirements are lower compared to other firms I have interviewed with and NO door knocking. Culture upbeat and positive. Great location.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to be accountable and do the activity necessary to succeed?   View Answer
    In my experience of this type of interview (I've had 7) - it is been uncommon to find a manager with an approach like Jimmy's. He gives the whole picture - not a sugar coated version - gives you a lot to think about and I didn't receive an offer until my 3rd interview. Very honest and helped me understand this industry and what it takes to make it in this career.

Anonymous Employee  in  Monroeville, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Monroeville, PA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Waddell & Reed in April 2014.

I found Waddell at a job fair and after submitting my resume I received an email from a recruiter about a week after. I met with the recruiter and watched a video that was decidedly corporate but the recruiter was great with the interview and set me up a time to meet an adviser directly. A few weeks later I met with the adviser. The adviser and I realized quickly that the full commission approach Waddell has intimidated me, a firm indication that I was not the right fit. Instead of dismissing me, the adviser instead offered me around seven other contacts for me to call. I have spoken with many of them and am currently applying to jobs recommended by them. Without the adviser at Waddell my network would never have expanded to these individuals.

Interview Questions
    • Are you comfortable with a risky first few months to be rewarded for during the coming years? I am paraphrasing here but the first few months you work towards your licenses, as a result you are not paid.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Only went to the first interview. Seemed really slimy and not like something I would want to do. Would only involve cold calling, but they don't tell you that. They try to get you to sign up for something that isn't what you would really be doing. They offered me a second interview right away as long as I hit up my family and friends for financial services.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Waddell & Reed in August 2013.

I was initially contacted by a recruiter after responding to an online ad. I was impressed by the attention to detail, as they contacted me via the email address on my resume as opposed to the one I had replied to the ad with. The interview process took place over several weeks, involving multiple interviews and meetings. After deciding that I wanted to work for Waddell & Reed, the hiring process took quite a bit of both paperwork and legwork, which is standard for the industry.

Interview Questions
    • None, fairly standard interview questions for this type of work.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Waddell & Reed in November 2013.

I applied through college website and was contacted within a week. Scheduled an interview in the manager's office. The position required U.S. greencard or citizen in order to get the necessary licenses, since I didn't have those, I was no longer considered.

Interview Questions

Worked for Waddell & Reed? Contribute to the Community!