Waddell & Reed Financial Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Oct 7, 2014

2.2

90 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Advisor Interview

I knew selling insurance wasnt really what I wanted to do but I drove an hour and a half to the office for the interview experience. I was very disappointed because the interview consisted of one question then an online assessment to see if sales is right for you. I was then handed a Waddell & Reed booklet and sent on my way.

Interview Questions
  • Only asked me what kind of business I would like to work for   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Waddell & Reed

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Waddell & Reed.

It wasn't an interview. They just told us about the position and then they called some of us back if we were interested in pursuing careers in the financial services industry. As long as you let them know during the first group "interview" that you want to be a financial advisor in the future, they will cal you for a second interview where they just tell you more about the position and do your background check so you can start the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Waddell & Reed in August 2014.

Very easy process where they want to see how many friends and family members you know and trust you. For a new FA this company should be ashamed for its Prudential/New York Life tactics of leaving you high and dry after their done with you with "only commission". They tolled me their training consist of 10 weeks of every Monday for and Hour and a Half? come on that's it? Scam for new FA's but for more established FA's it might be a good place. DO NOT START HERE IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT BECOMING AN FA!

Financial Advisor Interview

Overall process was 3 interviews, taking place over the course of 2 weeks. Met with a current advisor, District Manager and Managing Principal. Initially found me via posting my resume on Monster. First two interviews lasted about 45 minutes each, final interview was about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were really based on relationship building and whether or not I was ready to utilize my own funds to build the business.   Answer Question
    No negotiation; job is 100% commission & bonus based.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Waddell & Reed.

I posted my resume online and got a call from the recruiter and scheduled an interview. The interview lasted about half an hour and just some basic behavior questions. After the interview, they will ask you to do a test to see if you have some personalities to do the job.

Financial Advisor Interview

Only went to the first interview. Seemed really slimy and not like something I would want to do. Would only involve cold calling, but they don't tell you that. They try to get you to sign up for something that isn't what you would really be doing. They offered me a second interview right away as long as I hit up my family and friends for financial services.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Waddell & Reed in June 2014.

I applied the resume on the website and it take a few days to get responded. There is tend to be a one hour webinar at first, just briefly introduced to Waddle & Reed and the role of a Financial Advisor. After the webinar, you need to complete a Pre- Kit selection onsite questionaire called LIMRA's Assessment Hub. When you finished the questionaire on time, the recruiter will contact you soon.
    This job is aiming at U.S Citizen and do not provide sponsorship to those F1 status students. Since I am neither both of them, I was told not to be considered ever after.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Waddell & Reed in April 2014.

Emailed after posting to CareerBuilder. Held 1st 2nd interviews with Jimmy inside a week. 3rd received offer. Keep current job while studying/getting licensed -**huge plus W&R production requirements are lower compared to other firms I have interviewed with and NO door knocking. Culture upbeat and positive. Great location.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to be accountable and do the activity necessary to succeed?   View Answer
    In my experience of this type of interview (I've had 7) - it is been uncommon to find a manager with an approach like Jimmy's. He gives the whole picture - not a sugar coated version - gives you a lot to think about and I didn't receive an offer until my 3rd interview. Very honest and helped me understand this industry and what it takes to make it in this career.

Financial Advisor Interview

Met the District Branch Manager at my University's Job Fair. From there we scheduled an on campus interview for a few weeks later. That interview was short and sweet, more or less simply getting to know each other.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Waddell & Reed in April 2014.

It looked like it was going to be an face-to-face interview, then an online assessment, then another face-to-face interview follow up if you made it through the assessment.

Interview Questions
    • "How many people do you know that might want to purchase a financial product or service?"   View Answer