Waddell & Reed

Average Difficulty
108 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Advisor

I applied online and interviewed at Waddell & Reed.

Interview Details – I posted my resume online and got a call from the recruiter and scheduled an interview. The interview lasted about half an hour and just some basic behavior questions. After the interview, they will ask you to do a test to see if you have some personalities to do the job.

Interview Question – There is nothing difficult/unexpected.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Waddell & Reed in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied the resume on the website and it take a few days to get responded. There is tend to be a one hour webinar at first, just briefly introduced to Waddle & Reed and the role of a Financial Advisor. After the webinar, you need to complete a Pre- Kit selection onsite questionaire called LIMRA's Assessment Hub. When you finished the questionaire on time, the recruiter will contact you soon.
This job is aiming at U.S Citizen and do not provide sponsorship to those F1 status students. Since I am neither both of them, I was told not to be considered ever after.

Duluth, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Waddell & Reed in March 2014.

Interview Details – Started by sending in a resume and cover letter to HR. They forwarded my information to the local branch manager who contacted me looking to come in for an "interview." We really just talked about it more than anything and then set up a time to meet again. This process went on for several months. Luckily I had another job, other wise the process would have been more than frustrating.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be a financial advisor?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It is commission based pay without a set work schedule, therefore there was no negotiation

Southlake, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Waddell & Reed in April 2014.

Interview Details – Emailed after posting to CareerBuilder. Held 1st 2nd interviews with Jimmy inside a week. 3rd received offer. Keep current job while studying/getting licensed -**huge plus W&R production requirements are lower compared to other firms I have interviewed with and NO door knocking. Culture upbeat and positive. Great location.

Interview Question – Are you willing to be accountable and do the activity necessary to succeed?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – In my experience of this type of interview (I've had 7) - it is been uncommon to find a manager with an approach like Jimmy's. He gives the whole picture - not a sugar coated version - gives you a lot to think about and I didn't receive an offer until my 3rd interview. Very honest and helped me understand this industry and what it takes to make it in this career.

Interviewed at Waddell & Reed

Interview Details – Only went to the first interview. Seemed really slimy and not like something I would want to do. Would only involve cold calling, but they don't tell you that. They try to get you to sign up for something that isn't what you would really be doing. They offered me a second interview right away as long as I hit up my family and friends for financial services.

Monroeville, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Waddell & Reed in April 2014.

Interview Details – I found Waddell at a job fair and after submitting my resume I received an email from a recruiter about a week after. I met with the recruiter and watched a video that was decidedly corporate but the recruiter was great with the interview and set me up a time to meet an adviser directly. A few weeks later I met with the adviser. The adviser and I realized quickly that the full commission approach Waddell has intimidated me, a firm indication that I was not the right fit. Instead of dismissing me, the adviser instead offered me around seven other contacts for me to call. I have spoken with many of them and am currently applying to jobs recommended by them. Without the adviser at Waddell my network would never have expanded to these individuals.

Interview Question – Are you comfortable with a risky first few months to be rewarded for during the coming years? I am paraphrasing here but the first few months you work towards your licenses, as a result you are not paid.   Answer Question

Colorado Springs, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Waddell & Reed in August 2013.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted by a recruiter after responding to an online ad. I was impressed by the attention to detail, as they contacted me via the email address on my resume as opposed to the one I had replied to the ad with. The interview process took place over several weeks, involving multiple interviews and meetings. After deciding that I wanted to work for Waddell & Reed, the hiring process took quite a bit of both paperwork and legwork, which is standard for the industry.

Interview Question – None, fairly standard interview questions for this type of work.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Waddell & Reed in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through college website and was contacted within a week. Scheduled an interview in the manager's office. The position required U.S. greencard or citizen in order to get the necessary licenses, since I didn't have those, I was no longer considered.

Interview Question – Nothing, the interview process was very casual.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Waddell & Reed in April 2014.

Interview Details – It looked like it was going to be an face-to-face interview, then an online assessment, then another face-to-face interview follow up if you made it through the assessment.

Interview Question – "How many people do you know that might want to purchase a financial product or service?"   View Answer

Sales Interview

Sales
Greenwood Village, CO

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Waddell & Reed in March 2014.

Interview Details – Initial interview, then test

Interview Question – Non too difficult   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Felt like they were lying to me.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Waddell & Reed

Worked for Waddell & Reed? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Waddell & Reed interview questions and advice. All 108 interview reviews posted anonymously by Waddell & Reed employees and interview candidates.