WaferTech

Relevance Date Difficulty

Process Engineer Intern Interview

Process Engineer Intern
Camas, WA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at WaferTech in March 2013.

Interview Details – 1 phone interview by the manager of the department.

Interview Question – Describe the processes by which a wafer is created.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Able to negotiate start date and end date.

Supervising Production Engineer Interview

Supervising Production Engineer
Camas, WA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at WaferTech.

Interview Details – 1. Send resume in online.
2. HR phone screen.
3. Manager phone screen.
4. Drive in for the interview.
Drive in interview were men coming into room in pairs to interview you. They take you to lunch. If you have time, you can take a tour of the manufacturing facility. They tell you if you did not receive an offer.

Interview Question – Only one tech question that wasn't a brain teaser- technical job related question was about line balance. There's 3 tools in a row with known stabilities. You know the second tool is very unstable but you need to meet demand.   View Answer

Process Integration Engineer - Entry Level Interview

Process Integration Engineer - Entry Level
Camas, WA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at WaferTech in November 2010.

Interview Details – Initially I had a phone interview with an HR which took about an hour. The conversation was focused on "behavioral questions" and my understanding of the responsibilities of a PI engineer.
A week later, I had a phone interview with an engineer in the PI group. The inteview was mostly focused on my background and previous expriences, also some questions about layout design of a circuit.
Two weeks later, I had an on-site interview. First, I had a 20-min presentation (the subject of my choice) for a group of people, who then aksed me some questions about my presenatation. After that I had several group and 1:1 interviews. In all the interviews, the questions were mostly behavioral (especially focusing on managing the pressure and a busy schedule and dealing with colleagues), also some questions about the prcoess of integrated circuits fabrication.
The on-site inteview was very informative, in all the sessions the inteviewers gave me lots of information about the responsibilities of the job, and the other processes. (I should add that all people, including HR, engineers, and managers were so nice and helpful.) After 3 weeks, I got a letter indicating that I was rejected.

My analysis of the interview process and the result: This position was an entry level PI. Everyone assured me that I could enter into this position with the basic theoritical knowledge and could gain the practical industrial exprience during the work (since lots and lots of trainings were available). Based on these issues, I could be a good candidate. I think a reason of my rejection could be the fact that I didn't have the exprience of working in a high-pressured industrial manufacture before.

Interview Question – What difficulties have I encountered using TSMC products?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Specialist Interview

Manufacturing Specialist

I applied online and interviewed at WaferTech.

Interview Details – Testing at Worksource. Those who pass will then undergo initial interview with the supervisors. Those who passed the initial interview will go to the second and final interview with the managers.

Interview Question – None, all are typical questions giving emphasis on being a team player.   Answer Question

Production Supervisor Interview

Production Supervisor

Interviewed at WaferTech

Interview Details – Very informal, but long.

Interview Question – Was hired long ago, so not relevant now due to the turnover.   Answer Question

Worked for WaferTech? Contribute to the Community!