Waffle House

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Area People Director Interview

Kansas City, MO

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Waffle House in August 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for the Area People Director postiion posted on the Society for Human Resources Management(SHRM). Two or three weeks later, I was contacted by the Area People Director Coordinator from Georgia who scheduled a 1:1. One week later, I was contacted by the Area People Director in Little Rock, Arkansas who scheduled a second 1:1. A week after that, I was scheduled for another 1:1 with a Vice President of Waffle House. The interview process also included an apptitude test, a personality assessment, a background check, a credit check, and a hair folicle drug screen. Waffle House is a debt free company that has been in business for over 50 years. They are growing beyond their predominantly southern footprint.

Interview Question – Have you ever managed community based recruitment programs?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was surprised that the compensation consisted of 50% base and 50% bonus (at risk). Also, the position was offered to me as an HR Manager not as a APD. The reason they gave for the lesser job was due to the number of restaurants (units).

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Area People Director Interview

New Orleans, LA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Waffle House in April 2011.

Interview Details – I had three interviews with the company. For each interview I drove over 30 miles to three different locations. given the nature of the position and the management layout I was fine with this. I found everyone I spoke with to be great and very informative about the company. It is simply a matter of I wanted to work there and they didn't like me I guess. It takes two to tango. I would encourage people to look at this position. It seems great and there is lots of potential for growth.

One thing I was a bit concerned with is that they ran a hard credit check on me 2 days after interviewing. Having an HR background this is something I would not have done until I was ready to possibly make an offer if at all. I can understand why it was done, just not the timing of it.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Waffle House

Worked for Waffle House? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Waffle House Area People Director interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Waffle House employees and interview candidates.