Waffle House

Updated Dec 8, 2014
Updated Dec 8, 2014

2.2

Human Resource Specialist Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Waffle House.

Applied Online in person interview with district manager conversational interview nothing too difficult. Decided not to move forward after finding out that the actual position was nothing like it described on the job listing. They were looking for more of a recruiter than a person in hr and the salary was based mostly on commission.

District Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Waffle House.

They have Background checks, credit checks, hair drug test for everyone on a regular basis at a lab, so drug users you don't have a chance cause they check for things that people put in their hair to cover it up also. Don't bother cause they test periodically, personality testing and several interviews with all different levels of management. Driving to different locations. Ask a lot of questions

Ask for at least 40k for unit managers and district get paid 75% on bonuses

Unit Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Waffle House in August 2014.

So far, so good. Looking forward to OJT. 10-12 week training should be very enlightening. I am very observant and want to see how much management freedom unit mgrs actually have.

Interview Questions
    • Liability for store thefts...unit mgr pays out of pocket?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Waffle House.

sit in a big room with upper management to talk about how bad you are. then they asked if you needed to re apply after working on the few items. but then tell you you need more confidence and you got the job. very misleading and mind games.

none

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Americus, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Americus, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Waffle House in June 2014.

Interview process was very SLOW . I had to call everyday for 3 weeks just to get them to look at my Application. Then Waited another 2 for them to call me for an Interview. I Had my Interview 3 weeks ago and never got called back , when the Manager told me during the Interview that they were HIRING .

Interview Questions
    • No Difficlt Questions. Basic Interview Questions
      Why Should We Hire you?
      When are you available to work?
      What Is your Expected Pay?

View Answer

Grill Operator Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Waffle House in June 2014.

face to face pretty easy ask some question present drivers license and social for background check and call you a couple days later with another face to face interview follow up

Unit Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hickory, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hickory, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Waffle House.

Pretty simple, as long as you meet the requirements. They are serious about drug testing you get tested more than once. Be sure that you are well prepared to work hard. This is a great job with potential if you're ready for it. The recruiters are super easy to talk to , they really want you to succeed.

Interview Questions
    • I do not remember any questions, there is a test to take during the interview process.   Answer Question
    Make sure you are strong in your negotiations! If you don't ask for itt hey will not give it to you.

Unit Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Waffle House.

It is easy they need just about anyone who is willing to do the job.
    Just tell them what they wont to hear, and the rest is just taking a online assessment that will tell them how well you fit the system at waffle house.

Interview Questions
    • The interview is the easy part, the assessment it what could stop you from getting the job. Just answer like you think a employer would wont you to.   Answer Question
    They tell you what you will make, not much room to talk money with them,

Waitress Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Waffle House.

It was easy interview only asked did I have any restaurant experience and do I have criminal record told me to come back next day for second interview with district manager

Unit Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Waffle House.

HR Interview
    Spousal Interview
    Senior Level Interview
    Drug Screening
    Offer

Interview Questions
    • There is no default list of questions. They operate on the fly in each interview.   Answer Question