Waffle House

86 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Grill Operator Interview

Grill Operator

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Waffle House in June 2014.

Interview Details – face to face pretty easy ask some question present drivers license and social for background check and call you a couple days later with another face to face interview follow up

Server Interview

Server
Canton, GA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Waffle House in July 2011.

Interview Details – I filled out the application then I received a phone call. There was an interview with the HR Manager then an interview with the district manager I think and another higher up manager. I then received a call from the HR Manager saying I got the job.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for the company? Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Unit Manager Trainee Interview

Unit Manager Trainee
Warner Robins, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Waffle House in March 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process can be long depending on how far away they are from making recruiting quotas. They will hire anybody that has a bachelors degree and show that they are reliable hard worker and willing to learn.

Interview Question – Where can you see yourself in ten yeas? The question itself is not difficult. They want to know do you have plans to further your education and do you plan to be with the company in the long run...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate because they need you. I fail to realize this because I needed a job so bad...lol

Salesperson Interview

Salesperson
Cincinnati, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Waffle House in March 2012.

Interview Details – I was never in jail, so they liked that. Overall very easy interview. Just be able to explain who you are and why you are good for the job.

Interview Question – Do you have open availability?   Answer Question

Restaurant Manager Interview

Restaurant Manager
Columbus, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Waffle House in January 2014.

Interview Details – Two interviews, conducted consecutively on the same day. First, the District Manager shield basic questions. Then, the application was filled out. Then, interview with Division Manager. Was told that I would be contacted in a couple days if they decided to offer a position. Got a call that night with an offer for employment.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. All were daily standard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Server Interview

Server
Americus, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Waffle House in June 2014.

Interview Details – Interview process was very SLOW . I had to call everyday for 3 weeks just to get them to look at my Application. Then Waited another 2 for them to call me for an Interview. I Had my Interview 3 weeks ago and never got called back , when the Manager told me during the Interview that they were HIRING .

Interview Question – No Difficlt Questions. Basic Interview Questions
Why Should We Hire you?
When are you available to work?
What Is your Expected Pay?
  View Answer

District Manager Interview

District Manager

I applied in-person and interviewed at Waffle House.

Interview Details – sit in a big room with upper management to talk about how bad you are. then they asked if you needed to re apply after working on the few items. but then tell you you need more confidence and you got the job. very misleading and mind games.

Negotiation Details – none

Salesperson/Cashier Interview

Salesperson/Cashier
Clinton, MS

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Waffle House in March 2014.

Interview Details – You first had to do an in store application then over the phone interview. a week later they would call you in to speak to the district manager so he could give you another application which was as any other application but had math problems on it to see if you was good with math to be able to be on the cash register then later brought you in the back to ask the regular interview questions...Why do you want to work here?.....What will you bring to this job if we hire you?

Interview Question – They asked me an unexpected question which was....How long did I expect to work at this job   View Answer

Unit Manager Trainee Interview

Unit Manager Trainee
Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Waffle House in April 2014.

Interview Details – It was easy. They ask questions but mostly tell you what to expect as a Unit Manager. You will work every holiday and most weekends..BUT you will get off early!

Interview Question – How do you feel about working hard?   Answer Question

Unit Manager Interview

Unit Manager
Little Rock, AR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Waffle House in March 2014.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview with friendly/helpful recruiter. Met in person to interview with same recruiter. Met in person to interview with young Senior Manager. Knowledge/personality test via computer with recruiter at public library. "Weekend Experience" shadowing a local manager. Hair follicle drug test was scheduled for me to complete if I had continued.

Interview Question – Straightforward questions. She did want to know how I had "earned or sought additional responsibility and/or leadership" in past employment.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I can make more money with less demanding schedule in my area of study. Long consideration though because of the private stock options available at this company and the seemingly great people.

Worked for Waffle House? Contribute to the Community!