Waffle House Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 15, 2014
86 interviews

2.2

Grill Operator Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Waffle House in June 2014.

face to face pretty easy ask some question present drivers license and social for background check and call you a couple days later with another face to face interview follow up

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Canton, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, GA

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Waffle House in July 2011.

I filled out the application then I received a phone call. There was an interview with the HR Manager then an interview with the district manager I think and another higher up manager. I then received a call from the HR Manager saying I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for the company? Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Unit Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Warner Robins, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warner Robins, GA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Waffle House in March 2013.

The interview process can be long depending on how far away they are from making recruiting quotas. They will hire anybody that has a bachelors degree and show that they are reliable hard worker and willing to learn.

Interview Questions
    • Where can you see yourself in ten yeas? The question itself is not difficult. They want to know do you have plans to further your education and do you plan to be with the company in the long run...   Answer Question
    Negotiate because they need you. I fail to realize this because I needed a job so bad...lol

Salesperson Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Waffle House in March 2012.

I was never in jail, so they liked that. Overall very easy interview. Just be able to explain who you are and why you are good for the job.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Waffle House in January 2014.

Two interviews, conducted consecutively on the same day. First, the District Manager shield basic questions. Then, the application was filled out. Then, interview with Division Manager. Was told that I would be contacted in a couple days if they decided to offer a position. Got a call that night with an offer for employment.

No negotiation.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Americus, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Americus, GA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Waffle House in June 2014.

Interview process was very SLOW . I had to call everyday for 3 weeks just to get them to look at my Application. Then Waited another 2 for them to call me for an Interview. I Had my Interview 3 weeks ago and never got called back , when the Manager told me during the Interview that they were HIRING .

Interview Questions
    • No Difficlt Questions. Basic Interview Questions
      Why Should We Hire you?
      When are you available to work?
      What Is your Expected Pay?
        View Answer

District Manager Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Waffle House.

sit in a big room with upper management to talk about how bad you are. then they asked if you needed to re apply after working on the few items. but then tell you you need more confidence and you got the job. very misleading and mind games.

none

Salesperson/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Clinton, MS
    Anonymous Employee in Clinton, MS

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Waffle House in March 2014.

You first had to do an in store application then over the phone interview. a week later they would call you in to speak to the district manager so he could give you another application which was as any other application but had math problems on it to see if you was good with math to be able to be on the cash register then later brought you in the back to ask the regular interview questions...Why do you want to work here?.....What will you bring to this job if we hire you?

Interview Questions
    • They asked me an unexpected question which was....How long did I expect to work at this job   View Answer

Unit Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Waffle House in April 2014.

It was easy. They ask questions but mostly tell you what to expect as a Unit Manager. You will work every holiday and most weekends..BUT you will get off early!

Unit Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Little Rock, AR
    Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Waffle House in March 2014.

Initial phone interview with friendly/helpful recruiter. Met in person to interview with same recruiter. Met in person to interview with young Senior Manager. Knowledge/personality test via computer with recruiter at public library. "Weekend Experience" shadowing a local manager. Hair follicle drug test was scheduled for me to complete if I had continued.

Interview Questions
    • Straightforward questions. She did want to know how I had "earned or sought additional responsibility and/or leadership" in past employment.   Answer Question

I can make more money with less demanding schedule in my area of study. Long consideration though because of the private stock options available at this company and the seemingly great people.

Worked for Waffle House? Contribute to the Community!