Waffle House Interview Questions

Updated Mar 6, 2015
Updated Mar 6, 2015

2.2

Server Interview

I went in and asked, got a mini application, from there you have to call a number and are asked several questions from an automated voice thing. If you (when you, it's not hard) get a reference number, you write it and bring the mini app back. From there you get a full application.

Unit Manager Trainee Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Waffle House.

The interview was very straightforward, I met with the Region Manager and District Manager, discussing what I was interested in achieving and doing as a manager as well as my philosophies regarding work ethic and customer relationships. We discussed previous work and how it'd apply to the job, and spent a good amount of time going over exactly what the job would entail. Overall, it was a good experience!

Interview Questions
    • They asked about the salary at the end of the interview, which I was not entirely expecting.   Answer Question
    They asked what I would like to be compensated for the job, it was simple enough. I asked for a salary comparable to the average on this site for the job I applied for.

Salesperson/Waitress Interview

I went in and asked for an application on a Tuesday, before I even began filling out the tiny half-sheet of paper mini application the manager came to interview me. The only question she asked me was if I had any tattoos.

The second interview was with the franchise owners that next Thursday. They asked me two questions, one being what size shirt I would need to begin training and orientation the following Monday.

Mind you I had no experience as this was my first job.

Human Resource Specialist Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Waffle House.

Applied Online in person interview with district manager conversational interview nothing too difficult. Decided not to move forward after finding out that the actual position was nothing like it described on the job listing. They were looking for more of a recruiter than a person in hr and the salary was based mostly on commission.

Unit Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuscaloosa, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuscaloosa, AL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Waffle House in October 2014.

First I applied for the position, which wasn't difficult. We set up an interview in person at a Waffle house. They gave me a sales pitch for the job and told me all the wonderful things about the company. I liked what i was hearing just the hours sounded awful and the work sounded worse to me. It really isn't a bad job but just wasn't for me. If you have a 4 year degree you can do better. You can read get more detail from another review.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a lot of questions to show they were interested in me.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

They have Background checks, credit checks, hair drug test for everyone on a regular basis at a lab, so drug users you don't have a chance cause they check for things that people put in their hair to cover it up also. Don't bother cause they test periodically, personality testing and several interviews with all different levels of management. Driving to different locations. Ask a lot of questions

Ask for at least 40k for unit managers and district get paid 75% on bonuses

Unit Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Waffle House in August 2014.

So far, so good. Looking forward to OJT. 10-12 week training should be very enlightening. I am very observant and want to see how much management freedom unit mgrs actually have.

Interview Questions
    • Liability for store thefts...unit mgr pays out of pocket?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Waffle House.

sit in a big room with upper management to talk about how bad you are. then they asked if you needed to re apply after working on the few items. but then tell you you need more confidence and you got the job. very misleading and mind games.

none

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Americus, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Americus, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Waffle House in June 2014.

Interview process was very SLOW . I had to call everyday for 3 weeks just to get them to look at my Application. Then Waited another 2 for them to call me for an Interview. I Had my Interview 3 weeks ago and never got called back , when the Manager told me during the Interview that they were HIRING .

Interview Questions
    • No Difficlt Questions. Basic Interview Questions
      Why Should We Hire you?
      When are you available to work?
      What Is your Expected Pay?

View Answer

Grill Operator Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Waffle House in June 2014.

face to face pretty easy ask some question present drivers license and social for background check and call you a couple days later with another face to face interview follow up