Waffle House

Getting the Interview

74 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Waitress Interview

I applied in-person and interviewed at Waffle House.

Interview Details – It was easy interview only asked did I have any restaurant experience and do I have criminal record told me to come back next day for second interview with district manager

Unit Manager Trainee Interview

Montgomery, AL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Waffle House.

Interview Details – HR Interview
Spousal Interview
Senior Level Interview
Drug Screening
Offer

Interview Question – There is no default list of questions. They operate on the fly in each interview.   Answer Question

Waffle House District Manager Interview

Norcross, GA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Waffle House in January 2013.

Interview Details – They will want to do interveiw with you and your spouse.

Interview Question – The questions are not difficult they are just looking for honest feedback.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – the pay and bonus are up front

Unit Manager Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Waffle House.

Interview Details – The Area People Director (APD) for our 28 store area interviewed me first in a local unit. It went well, and she did a majority of the talking as she explained the company and the position. I had to do a second interview with the division manager (manages 9 units); I later met the APD again to complete a personality test to see if I matched what they were looking for. In all, 3 interviews and about 3 or 4 weeks of waiting before being hired. Oh, you also have to do an "In-Unit" which consists of working in a unit on Fri, Sat, and Sun (just as you would as a manager) to "try it before you buy it". I thought that was a fantastic plan for prospective employees.

Interview Question – Not really any unexpected questions, just typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They asked what my current salary was at my place of employment, and I said. They made an offer above what I expected so I went with it.

Saleperson Interview

Riverdale, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Waffle House.

Interview Details – Fill-in store application, Speak to manager, Call employee screening number and take test

Interview Question – There are no difficult questions to apply for Waffle House.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The closest thing to negotiations at Waffle House is what days/nights you are able to work.

Unit Manager Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Waffle House in June 2010.

Interview Details – First interview was done by district and regional managers. Interview lasted around 30 mins. Then I went to Little Rock and was interviewed and tested by Human resources. That lasted an hour. Worked one day as a cook to see if it would be something I would like doing, that was also part of the interview. Was not paid for that. Then I meet the CEO/Owner at the time. Was then offered the MIT position. Took around 2 months for the whole process.

Interview Question – There was no difficult questions or any unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – We figured out what I needed to make to survive during MIT training. Did that with the District manager.

Waitress

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Waffle House in September 2010.

Interview Details – I knew someone that worked there for years. she told me they were hiring and i need to come fill out an aplication. Its not even an app really. just basic info and number to take a phone test and get a confirmation number. once you answer a few basic questions on the phone an operator gives you the number and you write that on the back of the "mini app" and turn it into the manager. when i went in he immediately gave me a quick interview NO hard questions and told me i had to come in the next day to speak to regional manager. When i got there the next day he was so busy he just told me to come in for orientation ...i was officially hired

Interview Question – Can you handle drunk people after the club? our location was the go to restaurant after clubs let out   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations. i knew the pay was little with the potential to make big in tips

Waitress
Jacksonville, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Waffle House in May 2013.

Interview Details – I went in to apply and filled out a very short application. I went another day to turn that in and the manager gave me a full length application. I filled that out and he simply talked about the store for a bit. A month later they called me and asked me to come in for training. I did not have an actual interview.

Interview Question – There was no interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, you get waitress pay

Unit Manager Trainee Interview

Unit Manager Trainee
Beaumont, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Waffle House in February 2014.

Interview Details – I met the owner at a job fair. He was friendly, told me about the business, and after a few minutes invited me for an interview. I interviewed with the HR Director, and the owner was present. Both the owner and the HR Director were courteous, polite, and I feel were honest with me about the expectations of the job.

I was not yet offered a position, but was asked for salary requirements. I contacted the HR Director and stated that I would like to terminate the interview process as the job requirements would be too great a strain on my family life.

Interview Question – I didn't expect salary to come up on the first interview, but it did.   View Answer

Unit Manager
Wilmington, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Waffle House in May 2012.

Interview Details – Meeting with APD, 30 min interview -> meeting with AVP and Div. Mgr -> basic follow up interview with computer based personality test

Negotiation Details – They gloss over starting pay, you have some wiggle room here. 1-3k.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Waffle House

Worked for Waffle House? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Waffle House interview questions and advice. All 74 interview reviews posted anonymously by Waffle House employees and interview candidates.