Waffle House Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Waffle House (Harrisburg, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

Fill out a short paper application and call in to answer additional questions. Then you get a person to person interview in two parts, one with a manager and one with a district manager.

Interview Questions

• what is your availability?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just accept the per hour pay, everyone starts the same. the tips are where you make your money

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waffle House (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Multi-level interview process. First interview with recruiter. Then Division Manager, then Region Manager. At some point in the process, if they like you, they will invite you to participate in a 3-day weekend at a Waffle House.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Forest Park, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Waffle House (Forest Park, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

I went to the Waffle House down the street and asked if they were hiring. He scheduled me an interview with a manager the next day. They give you a yellow paper. Call the #, simple application. I had it filled it and gave it to him during the interview. He said he would call me to schedule a interview with the District manager but never called so I applied again to the one next to it and the guy I talked to was the district manager. So I talked to him and he scheduled an interview with the manager of the store. Had the interview but it wasn't an interview. She said "We need people for this store, you're basically hired" and she was telling me about the job and the training. Orientation is serious. Make sure you bring your SSN and an ID. Don't be late and wear what the manager tells you to wear.

Unit Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Waffle House.

Interview

Took about 2-3 weeks. Met with people director division and regional manager. Did an in unit at the store to see what a day is like. Also require a hair sample drug test that goes back at least 6 months. They'll make offer after you clear.

Interview Questions

• Why WH? What motivates you? Restaurant experience? Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Unit Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Waffle House (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

I filled out an application online for the unit manager position. The next day I received a response from HR to schedule a face-to-face interview at a local Waffle House. I arrived 30 minutes early and the HR rep arrived on time. She was accompanied by a People Director in training so the interview was 2 to 1. The process was very easy going and the questions were not difficult because I am familiar with the waffle house brand.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phenix City, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Waffle House (Phenix City, AL) in June 2015.

Interview

Got a call Thursday the 25th to come in for an interview the next day and was told to be there at 9:30 a.m. Pulled up at wAffle house 15 minutes early and was told to sit at a long table. Waited like 10 minutes, then manager named Matt asked if I wanted sum to drink. I told him no, then we proceeded to the interview. Asked questions like tell me about yourself, what Did you do at your last job and why you left, do you mind working for tips. Just a typical interview. Matt told me he liked me and wanted me back the next day to meet the district manager named Melissa. Came back.next day.around 8:45, went inside, filled out a real application and only questions she asked was tell me about yourself and am I local. After that, that was pretty Much it was told to be in orientation July 6&7th from 8am-3pm and July 8&9th from 7am-2pm. Have to wear work.clothes to orientation. White collar shirt (plain) , black slacks, slip and oil resistant shoes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a difficult situation and you had to find a solution.   1 Answer

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conway, SC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Waffle House (Conway, SC) in June 2015.

Interview

Walked into a Waffle House, asked if they were hiring and asked for an application. I took it home, filled it out and turned it into a different store. Once I handed it to the waitress I walked out, about 3 people ran after me asking me to come back in to speak to the manager. I came back in, he told me to have a seat and he would be right with me. He sat down, asked me if I wanted something to drink, I said no. He told me hourly pay was $3 and I had to work every holiday. He then sent me to another store that needed help and once I arrived there and talked to that manager I was hired on the spot. Whole process took about hour and a half

Interview Questions

• Do you have any customer service experience?   1 Answer
    • Are there any scheduling conflicts you may have?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation on pay. I was expecting $2.13, I got $3. Was pleased with what I got. As long as you get tips hourly pay isn't as important

Unit Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Waffle House.

Interview

Multiple steps involved in process, in unit evaluation, drug test, background test, personality test, minimum of 2 interviews. Not well organized. Did not receive call backs when promised. Process takes any where from 2 to 6 weeks.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Waffle House.

Interview

Thorough process, well thought-out questions to determine eligibility for position. The most difficult question was regarding previous experience and ability to work a variety of hours and days. Overall experience was very positive.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was regarding previous experience and ability to work a variety of hours and days.   Answer Question

Unit Manager Interview

Interview

Talk with two levels above management, which would be the division and the area leader above the district manager, and an area people director. Most of the upper management are laid back and really easy to talk to.