Waffle House

Relevance Date Difficulty

Salesperson Interview

Salesperson
Cincinnati, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Waffle House in March 2012.

Interview Details – I was never in jail, so they liked that. Overall very easy interview. Just be able to explain who you are and why you are good for the job.

Interview Question – Do you have open availability?   Answer Question

Restaurant Manager Interview

Restaurant Manager
Columbus, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Waffle House in January 2014.

Interview Details – Two interviews, conducted consecutively on the same day. First, the District Manager shield basic questions. Then, the application was filled out. Then, interview with Division Manager. Was told that I would be contacted in a couple days if they decided to offer a position. Got a call that night with an offer for employment.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. All were daily standard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Server Interview

Server
Americus, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Waffle House in June 2014.

Interview Details – Interview process was very SLOW . I had to call everyday for 3 weeks just to get them to look at my Application. Then Waited another 2 for them to call me for an Interview. I Had my Interview 3 weeks ago and never got called back , when the Manager told me during the Interview that they were HIRING .

Interview Question – No Difficlt Questions. Basic Interview Questions
Why Should We Hire you?
When are you available to work?
What Is your Expected Pay?
  View Answer

District Manager Interview

District Manager

I applied in-person and interviewed at Waffle House.

Interview Details – sit in a big room with upper management to talk about how bad you are. then they asked if you needed to re apply after working on the few items. but then tell you you need more confidence and you got the job. very misleading and mind games.

Negotiation Details – none

Salesperson/Cashier Interview

Salesperson/Cashier
Clinton, MS

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Waffle House in March 2014.

Interview Details – You first had to do an in store application then over the phone interview. a week later they would call you in to speak to the district manager so he could give you another application which was as any other application but had math problems on it to see if you was good with math to be able to be on the cash register then later brought you in the back to ask the regular interview questions...Why do you want to work here?.....What will you bring to this job if we hire you?

Interview Question – They asked me an unexpected question which was....How long did I expect to work at this job   View Answer

Unit Manager Trainee Interview

Unit Manager Trainee
Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Waffle House in April 2014.

Interview Details – It was easy. They ask questions but mostly tell you what to expect as a Unit Manager. You will work every holiday and most weekends..BUT you will get off early!

Interview Question – How do you feel about working hard?   Answer Question

Little Rock, AR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Waffle House in March 2014.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview with friendly/helpful recruiter. Met in person to interview with same recruiter. Met in person to interview with young Senior Manager. Knowledge/personality test via computer with recruiter at public library. "Weekend Experience" shadowing a local manager. Hair follicle drug test was scheduled for me to complete if I had continued.

Interview Question – Straightforward questions. She did want to know how I had "earned or sought additional responsibility and/or leadership" in past employment.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I can make more money with less demanding schedule in my area of study. Long consideration though because of the private stock options available at this company and the seemingly great people.

Hickory, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Waffle House.

Interview Details – Pretty simple, as long as you meet the requirements. They are serious about drug testing you get tested more than once. Be sure that you are well prepared to work hard. This is a great job with potential if you're ready for it. The recruiters are super easy to talk to , they really want you to succeed.

Interview Question – I do not remember any questions, there is a test to take during the interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Make sure you are strong in your negotiations! If you don't ask for itt hey will not give it to you.

Unit Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Waffle House.

Interview Details – It is easy they need just about anyone who is willing to do the job.
Just tell them what they wont to hear, and the rest is just taking a online assessment that will tell them how well you fit the system at waffle house.

Interview Question – The interview is the easy part, the assessment it what could stop you from getting the job. Just answer like you think a employer would wont you to.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They tell you what you will make, not much room to talk money with them,

Waitress Interview

Waitress

I applied in-person and interviewed at Waffle House.

Interview Details – It was easy interview only asked did I have any restaurant experience and do I have criminal record told me to come back next day for second interview with district manager

Worked for Waffle House? Contribute to the Community!