1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Server & Grill Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Medina, OH

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waffle House (Medina, OH) in May 2011.

The entire interview was very informal. I came in to Waffle House, and, after seeing a "NOW HIRING" sign in the window, decided to ask for an application. The handed me a piece of paper with a number on it, and asked me to complete a phone test. I called the number, and spoke to a generic phone representative that asked me really simple questions about myself and any government assistance I may have been receiving. At the end of the phone test, I was given a confirmation number, which I wrote down and brought back to Waffle House. I arrived during a slow time in the day, and spoke to a manager then and there because one was available. She quickly told me they would be happy to hire me, and told me they had to do a background check, and that she'd call me when it came back with the results. A week later, I called them because I still hadn't heard anything. They told me they still hadn't sent the background check, but that they'd do it and get right on it. Four days later I called them and asked if my background check had cleared, and they said they still hadn't heard back, but that they'd call me. Two days after that, I received a call that was set up to schedule my training, which included watching a lot of videos and having the manager train me to cook.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work on holidays?   1 Answer
  • Can you work nights if we need you to?   1 Answer