Waffle House Interview Questions

Updated Mar 6, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hickory, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hickory, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Waffle House.

Pretty simple, as long as you meet the requirements. They are serious about drug testing you get tested more than once. Be sure that you are well prepared to work hard. This is a great job with potential if you're ready for it. The recruiters are super easy to talk to , they really want you to succeed.

Interview Questions
    • I do not remember any questions, there is a test to take during the interview process.   Answer Question
    Make sure you are strong in your negotiations! If you don't ask for itt hey will not give it to you.

Unit Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Waffle House.

It is easy they need just about anyone who is willing to do the job.
    Just tell them what they wont to hear, and the rest is just taking a online assessment that will tell them how well you fit the system at waffle house.

Interview Questions
    • The interview is the easy part, the assessment it what could stop you from getting the job. Just answer like you think a employer would wont you to.   Answer Question
    They tell you what you will make, not much room to talk money with them,

Waitress Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Waffle House.

It was easy interview only asked did I have any restaurant experience and do I have criminal record told me to come back next day for second interview with district manager

Unit Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Waffle House.

HR Interview
    Spousal Interview
    Senior Level Interview
    Drug Screening
    Offer

Interview Questions
    • There is no default list of questions. They operate on the fly in each interview.   Answer Question

Unit Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Waffle House in April 2014.

It was easy. They ask questions but mostly tell you what to expect as a Unit Manager. You will work every holiday and most weekends..BUT you will get off early!

Unit Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Waffle House.

The Area People Director (APD) for our 28 store area interviewed me first in a local unit. It went well, and she did a majority of the talking as she explained the company and the position. I had to do a second interview with the division manager (manages 9 units); I later met the APD again to complete a personality test to see if I matched what they were looking for. In all, 3 interviews and about 3 or 4 weeks of waiting before being hired. Oh, you also have to do an "In-Unit" which consists of working in a unit on Fri, Sat, and Sun (just as you would as a manager) to "try it before you buy it". I thought that was a fantastic plan for prospective employees.

Interview Questions
    • Not really any unexpected questions, just typical interview questions.   Answer Question
    They asked what my current salary was at my place of employment, and I said. They made an offer above what I expected so I went with it.

Saleperson Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverdale, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverdale, GA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Waffle House.

Fill-in store application, Speak to manager, Call employee screening number and take test

Interview Questions
    • There are no difficult questions to apply for Waffle House.   View Answer
    The closest thing to negotiations at Waffle House is what days/nights you are able to work.

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR
    Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Waffle House in March 2014.

Initial phone interview with friendly/helpful recruiter. Met in person to interview with same recruiter. Met in person to interview with young Senior Manager. Knowledge/personality test via computer with recruiter at public library. "Weekend Experience" shadowing a local manager. Hair follicle drug test was scheduled for me to complete if I had continued.

Interview Questions
    • Straightforward questions. She did want to know how I had "earned or sought additional responsibility and/or leadership" in past employment.   Answer Question

I can make more money with less demanding schedule in my area of study. Long consideration though because of the private stock options available at this company and the seemingly great people.

Salesperson/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clinton, MS
    Anonymous Employee in Clinton, MS

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Waffle House in March 2014.

You first had to do an in store application then over the phone interview. a week later they would call you in to speak to the district manager so he could give you another application which was as any other application but had math problems on it to see if you was good with math to be able to be on the cash register then later brought you in the back to ask the regular interview questions...Why do you want to work here?.....What will you bring to this job if we hire you?

Interview Questions
    • They asked me an unexpected question which was....How long did I expect to work at this job   View Answer

Salesperson Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookhaven, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookhaven, MS

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Waffle House in March 2014.

The interview was quick and to the point, I was called in the same day I applied. The benefits were metioned and it was made clear that I would be compensated for the wages I did not make in tips, which is important to me since I had bills and needed to further my education. I was called about 30 minutes after the interview and asked if I could work the next day. No drug test was given which I found strange.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected or really even personal questions.   Answer Question