Waffle House Interview Questions & Reviews

86 interviews

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hickory, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hickory, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Waffle House.

Pretty simple, as long as you meet the requirements. They are serious about drug testing you get tested more than once. Be sure that you are well prepared to work hard. This is a great job with potential if you're ready for it. The recruiters are super easy to talk to , they really want you to succeed.

Interview Questions
    • I do not remember any questions, there is a test to take during the interview process.   Answer Question
    Make sure you are strong in your negotiations! If you don't ask for itt hey will not give it to you.

Unit Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Waffle House.

It is easy they need just about anyone who is willing to do the job.
    Just tell them what they wont to hear, and the rest is just taking a online assessment that will tell them how well you fit the system at waffle house.

Interview Questions
    • The interview is the easy part, the assessment it what could stop you from getting the job. Just answer like you think a employer would wont you to.   Answer Question
    They tell you what you will make, not much room to talk money with them,

Waitress Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Waffle House.

It was easy interview only asked did I have any restaurant experience and do I have criminal record told me to come back next day for second interview with district manager

Unit Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Montgomery, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Waffle House.

HR Interview
    Spousal Interview
    Senior Level Interview
    Drug Screening
    Offer

Interview Questions
    • There is no default list of questions. They operate on the fly in each interview.   Answer Question

Waffle House District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Norcross, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Waffle House in January 2013.

They will want to do interveiw with you and your spouse.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are not difficult they are just looking for honest feedback.   View Answer
    the pay and bonus are up front

Unit Manager Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Waffle House.

The Area People Director (APD) for our 28 store area interviewed me first in a local unit. It went well, and she did a majority of the talking as she explained the company and the position. I had to do a second interview with the division manager (manages 9 units); I later met the APD again to complete a personality test to see if I matched what they were looking for. In all, 3 interviews and about 3 or 4 weeks of waiting before being hired. Oh, you also have to do an "In-Unit" which consists of working in a unit on Fri, Sat, and Sun (just as you would as a manager) to "try it before you buy it". I thought that was a fantastic plan for prospective employees.

Interview Questions
    • Not really any unexpected questions, just typical interview questions.   Answer Question
    They asked what my current salary was at my place of employment, and I said. They made an offer above what I expected so I went with it.

Saleperson Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Riverdale, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverdale, GA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Waffle House.

Fill-in store application, Speak to manager, Call employee screening number and take test

Interview Questions
    • There are no difficult questions to apply for Waffle House.   View Answer
    The closest thing to negotiations at Waffle House is what days/nights you are able to work.

Unit Manager Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Waffle House in June 2010.

First interview was done by district and regional managers. Interview lasted around 30 mins. Then I went to Little Rock and was interviewed and tested by Human resources. That lasted an hour. Worked one day as a cook to see if it would be something I would like doing, that was also part of the interview. Was not paid for that. Then I meet the CEO/Owner at the time. Was then offered the MIT position. Took around 2 months for the whole process.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult questions or any unexpected questions.   Answer Question
    We figured out what I needed to make to survive during MIT training. Did that with the District manager.

Waitress Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Waffle House in September 2010.

I knew someone that worked there for years. she told me they were hiring and i need to come fill out an aplication. Its not even an app really. just basic info and number to take a phone test and get a confirmation number. once you answer a few basic questions on the phone an operator gives you the number and you write that on the back of the "mini app" and turn it into the manager. when i went in he immediately gave me a quick interview NO hard questions and told me i had to come in the next day to speak to regional manager. When i got there the next day he was so busy he just told me to come in for orientation ...i was officially hired

Interview Questions
    • Can you handle drunk people after the club? our location was the go to restaurant after clubs let out   Answer Question
    no negotiations. i knew the pay was little with the potential to make big in tips

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, NC

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Waffle House in May 2013.

I went in to apply and filled out a very short application. I went another day to turn that in and the manager gave me a full length application. I filled that out and he simply talked about the store for a bit. A month later they called me and asked me to come in for training. I did not have an actual interview.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, you get waitress pay