Waffle House Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2015

2.1

Salesperson Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookhaven, MS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Waffle House (Brookhaven, MS) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview was quick and to the point, I was called in the same day I applied. The benefits were metioned and it was made clear that I would be compensated for the wages I did not make in tips, which is important to me since I had bills and needed to further my education. I was called about 30 minutes after the interview and asked if I could work the next day. No drug test was given which I found strange.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected or really even personal questions.   Answer Question

Unit Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Waffle House.

Interview

The overall process took about two months. I had three separate interviews. The first two interviews were basic and straightforward face to face interviews. My last interview was a three day trail run at various Waffle Houses. Everyone I met during the hiring process were very nice and enthusiastic people.

Interview Questions

• I did not experience any hard questions during any of my interviews. Each time I interviewed with the company it felt more like a conversation.   1 Answer

You have to be willing to sacrifice a lot in order to do the job well. Long and sporadic hours. Barely any time left for any type of social life.

Office Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Waffle House.

Interview

Department manager made initial contact via phone call. In office interview with manager and another department head. Personality/pre-employment assessment test given. Notified of offer in a timely manner. Good internal posting system for available positions.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions. The manager mostly just explained the position duties.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation.

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Waffle House.

Interview

Two sets of interviews, one with the people director, and the other one is with the vice president. You have to pass a background that includes criminal, mvr, and credit check. You also have to take a psychological tests which takes a couple of hours.

Interview Questions

• Why are you considering Waffle House; a job that requires numerous hours of work a day, and that you work six days on then two days off.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It depends how well you do on the psychological evaluation, and also if you have a degree or not.

Unit Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Waffle House (Beaumont, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

I met the owner at a job fair. He was friendly, told me about the business, and after a few minutes invited me for an interview. I interviewed with the HR Director, and the owner was present. Both the owner and the HR Director were courteous, polite, and I feel were honest with me about the expectations of the job.

I was not yet offered a position, but was asked for salary requirements. I contacted the HR Director and stated that I would like to terminate the interview process as the job requirements would be too great a strain on my family life.

Interview Questions

• I didn't expect salary to come up on the first interview, but it did.   1 Answer

Watress Interview

Interview

its over the phone and it sucks

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Waffle House (Tempe, AZ) in January 2014.

Interview

Very informal, was conducted in a booth during a rush. The manager had a list of questions that were barely touched and focused more on hygiene- which is to be expected in a food server. Interviewing manager was still "working the floor" and unable to completely focus on the situation at hand. It is a serving job and throughout the interview I felt that no one really took anything seriously.

Unit Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Waffle House (Mobile, AL) in January 2014.

Interview

It was great. Met with the APD and AVP at a Waffle House and just had a good conversation. Did have to take a personality test on a laptop that asked strange question about certain situations but it wasn't hard at all. There's no wrong answers just be yourself and consistent.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Waffle House (Columbus, OH) in January 2014.

Interview

Two interviews, conducted consecutively on the same day. First, the District Manager shield basic questions. Then, the application was filled out. Then, interview with Division Manager. Was told that I would be contacted in a couple days if they decided to offer a position. Got a call that night with an offer for employment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Unit Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Waffle House.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by the area human resource recruiter. She was very nice and we met a few days later for the first interview. Then, I met with the regional manager, worked a busy weekend, passed a background and credit check, gave a hair strand follicle drug screen, took a 300+ personality test, took a story problem math test, and met for 4 more hours with the human resource recruiter.

Interview Questions

• describe a situation that someone took advantage of me.   Answer Question