Waffle House

Updated Dec 8, 2014
Updated Dec 8, 2014

2.2

Watress Interview

its over the phone and it sucks

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Waffle House in January 2014.

Very informal, was conducted in a booth during a rush. The manager had a list of questions that were barely touched and focused more on hygiene- which is to be expected in a food server. Interviewing manager was still "working the floor" and unable to completely focus on the situation at hand. It is a serving job and throughout the interview I felt that no one really took anything seriously.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Waffle House in January 2014.

Two interviews, conducted consecutively on the same day. First, the District Manager shield basic questions. Then, the application was filled out. Then, interview with Division Manager. Was told that I would be contacted in a couple days if they decided to offer a position. Got a call that night with an offer for employment.

No negotiation.

Unit Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Waffle House.

I applied online and was contacted by the area human resource recruiter. She was very nice and we met a few days later for the first interview. Then, I met with the regional manager, worked a busy weekend, passed a background and credit check, gave a hair strand follicle drug screen, took a 300+ personality test, took a story problem math test, and met for 4 more hours with the human resource recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • describe a situation that someone took advantage of me.   Answer Question

Waitstaff Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Waffle House in October 2013.

a card and a phone interview asking about if you agree with mass shootings then an phone interview asking questions to see if the company will qualify for the work opportunity tax credit if they hire you.(it means the government will subsidize part of the wage, military, welfare, high school kids and felons qualify for it),

no negotiation they lied about how many hours the job was

Cook Interview

First putting an application and interview with the manager.

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Waffle House in September 2013.

I had went into Waffle House on August 26, 2013 and picked up a mini application, went home filled it out, called the 866 number, wrote down my reference number, and turned in my application. I received a call on September 12, 2013 from a Waffle House manager to meet the following day. Got to my interview 20 minutes early, filled out my employment application and my background check consent. I was interviewed by the manager and the Waffle House recruiter. They said they would give me a call. Got a call from the recruiter on September 18, 2013 to meet with a manager at another location on the 19th. I got hired on the spot. Now I have to go in Sunday and talk with the manager.

Interview Questions
    • No question was hard or difficult. They mainly ask you, "Why Waffle House?" and "Have you ever worked for Waffle House?"   Answer Question
    No negotiation. The pay is $2.85/hr plus tips. You either take it or leave it.

Manager Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Waffle House.

The process is pretty straightforward. You meet with the Area People Director and another manager and go through 2-3 interviews. They always offer you the job as long as you're not completely stupid and then ask you to comeback for a trial evaluation week. They promise you 38k guaranteed with avg salary being 45-55k and quick advancement opportunities. Having talked to a unit manager, the salary is about right but you are going to work 60-80 hours a week which breaks down to $9.13 -$12.18hr minimum. You will work 6 days on, 2 off and are expected to do things like cleaning bathrooms and taking out trash and checking in 3 times a week at 9 pm to close out registers.

Interview Questions

As someone with a degree, the job is degrading and really had nothing to do with my major (which I enjoyed) . That being said, if you can suck it up and bust your balls for 2 years, you can make pretty good money.

Salesperson Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Waffle House in August 2013.

I went in on Tuesday (08/27/2013) and received an interview that same day. I received a call back 10 days later on (09/05/2013) about meeting with the Division manager. After that interview I received a call telling me to come to the restaurant on (09/16/2013) in such I started orientation..I had orientation for 5 days and I now with in the new restaurant they built here..

Unit Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kissimmee, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kissimmee, FL

I applied in-person – interviewed at Waffle House.

Extensive interview process. Many interviews, assessment.

Interview Questions
    • There is a lot more describing the position to you and ensuring you are up for all the work involved.   Answer Question

Too much work involved for the money being offered. They made it clear there would be no work life balance.