Waffle House

83 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Office Interview

Office

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Waffle House.

Interview Details – Department manager made initial contact via phone call. In office interview with manager and another department head. Personality/pre-employment assessment test given. Notified of offer in a timely manner. Good internal posting system for available positions.

Interview Question – Typical interview questions. The manager mostly just explained the position duties.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation.

Unit Manager

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Waffle House.

Interview Details – The overall process took about two months. I had three separate interviews. The first two interviews were basic and straightforward face to face interviews. My last interview was a three day trail run at various Waffle Houses. Everyone I met during the hiring process were very nice and enthusiastic people.

Interview Question – I did not experience any hard questions during any of my interviews. Each time I interviewed with the company it felt more like a conversation.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – You have to be willing to sacrifice a lot in order to do the job well. Long and sporadic hours. Barely any time left for any type of social life.

District Manager Interview

District Manager

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Waffle House.

Interview Details – Two sets of interviews, one with the people director, and the other one is with the vice president. You have to pass a background that includes criminal, mvr, and credit check. You also have to take a psychological tests which takes a couple of hours.

Interview Question – Why are you considering Waffle House; a job that requires numerous hours of work a day, and that you work six days on then two days off.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It depends how well you do on the psychological evaluation, and also if you have a degree or not.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

District Manager Interview

District Manager
Louisville, KY

I applied in-person - interviewed at Waffle House in June 2010.

Interview Details – Normal questions. Relaxed atmosphere.

Interview Question – Why waffle house?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Waffle House

Interview Details – its over the phone and it sucks

Interview Question – there is no face to face   Answer Question

Unit Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Waffle House.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted by the area human resource recruiter. She was very nice and we met a few days later for the first interview. Then, I met with the regional manager, worked a busy weekend, passed a background and credit check, gave a hair strand follicle drug screen, took a 300+ personality test, took a story problem math test, and met for 4 more hours with the human resource recruiter.

Interview Question – describe a situation that someone took advantage of me.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Waitstaff Interview

Waitstaff

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Waffle House in October 2013.

Interview Details – a card and a phone interview asking about if you agree with mass shootings then an phone interview asking questions to see if the company will qualify for the work opportunity tax credit if they hire you.(it means the government will subsidize part of the wage, military, welfare, high school kids and felons qualify for it),

Negotiation Details – no negotiation they lied about how many hours the job was

Salesperson Interview

Salesperson

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Waffle House in December 2011.

Interview Details – I went and filled out their mini application. Then I got the larger application. I was lucky enough to be at the store while the managers were having a meeting, so I had to interviews right their and I was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – They asked me if I knew I could handle how busy it got there. I knew I could, though.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There were no negotiations.

Waitress Interview

Waitress
Ladson, SC

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Waffle House in July 2011.

Interview Details – you fill out mini application, went to speak to manager she sat down with me and told me about how to cheat the taxes and gov't. how "everyone does it", the hours availale. Asked me if I wanted day/night shift and full-time or part-time. then I had to call from a landline phone to their hotline where I answered some simple questions about if I could physically lift, bend, stand for long periods of time. Then the manager called me back and said I passed the background check and had the job and was to report to another location for training, During Training we got a book, a uniform, and we did some bookwork, we had to go home and study for a test, we had to learn the menu and the prices for each thing, how to correctly call out orders and whatnot. After a week staring at a book, we got to shadow an experienced waitress around for 3 to 5 days. Then we took the test, if we passed we got a star on our badge and was cleared to work at our designated WH locations.

Interview Question – Nothing hard about getting this job, they don't even drug test. Pay attention in training and study your handbook.   Answer Question

Grand Prairie, TX

I applied through other source - interviewed at Waffle House in May 2011.

Interview Details – I Met with at least 3 mangers, and did a working interview. That's where the bring you in on a busy weekend to see in you can keep up.

Negotiation Details – they made an offer, and I countered it based on the distance I would drive for training.