Waffle House

Updated Feb 23, 2015
Updated Feb 23, 2015

2.2

Manager Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Waffle House.

The process is pretty straightforward. You meet with the Area People Director and another manager and go through 2-3 interviews. They always offer you the job as long as you're not completely stupid and then ask you to comeback for a trial evaluation week. They promise you 38k guaranteed with avg salary being 45-55k and quick advancement opportunities. Having talked to a unit manager, the salary is about right but you are going to work 60-80 hours a week which breaks down to $9.13 -$12.18hr minimum. You will work 6 days on, 2 off and are expected to do things like cleaning bathrooms and taking out trash and checking in 3 times a week at 9 pm to close out registers.

Interview Questions

As someone with a degree, the job is degrading and really had nothing to do with my major (which I enjoyed) . That being said, if you can suck it up and bust your balls for 2 years, you can make pretty good money.

Salesperson Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Waffle House in August 2013.

I went in on Tuesday (08/27/2013) and received an interview that same day. I received a call back 10 days later on (09/05/2013) about meeting with the Division manager. After that interview I received a call telling me to come to the restaurant on (09/16/2013) in such I started orientation..I had orientation for 5 days and I now with in the new restaurant they built here..

Unit Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kissimmee, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Kissimmee, FL

I applied in-person – interviewed at Waffle House.

Extensive interview process. Many interviews, assessment.

Interview Questions
    • There is a lot more describing the position to you and ensuring you are up for all the work involved.   Answer Question

Too much work involved for the money being offered. They made it clear there would be no work life balance.

Anonymous Employee in Beaufort, SC
    Anonymous Employee in Beaufort, SC

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Waffle House in July 2013.

1st and 2nd Interview

Interview Questions
    • When asked "why should you be hired at waffle house" there was a rude tone and asked very differently then the 3 girls before me and the guy after me. Not only was the guy rude to me and pretty much didn't like when I said "I can work any shift but Mondays due to Volunteer hours." I was looked out rudely and the guy who was there also to be interview made comments on what I said.   View Answer

Salesperson Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Waffle House in May 2013.

Went in asked for a application. They handed me a yellow paper in which i had to call for a personality test and phone interview. I called then i had to give my confirmation number to the manager she was nice and friendly. She said i will definately hire u. But first we have to do a backround check. That took a week !! 7 days!! She called and said now you have to meet with the district manager at 6:30am the next morning!!! The dm asked me three questions did i have a car, do i mind working all shifts , do i mind workin holidays. She honestly could of called me and asked me these question instead of draggin me out of bed at 6 am. About three days later the manager called and said i was hired and that i needed to go to training.

Unit Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Waffle House in May 2013.

3 interviews very easy they sell you the job.

Interview Questions
    • As a young man how do you plan on managing people older than you.   Answer Question

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Waffle House in May 2013.

I went in to apply and filled out a very short application. I went another day to turn that in and the manager gave me a full length application. I filled that out and he simply talked about the store for a bit. A month later they called me and asked me to come in for training. I did not have an actual interview.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, you get waitress pay

Unit Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Waffle House in May 2013.

I interviewed with 2 division managers, the area people director, and finally the area vice president. Was offered a position within a few days. I was desperate for income after I returned home from basic training. But if I would have thought long and hard about it, I would've probably declined and found something that was better suited and more conveient

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were related to whether or not you personally think you are a fir for the Waffle House culture. Expect the usual..... but at the end of the day, if you make yourself look good, it's not hard to get hired because they are constantly in the need of new manager trainees   View Answer
    no negotiation. But do negotiate. I started at $32,000 and that's not nearly enough for some of the stuff they had me do

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vestavia Hills, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vestavia Hills, AL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Waffle House in April 2013.

The interview was very quick and simple . The application was more complicated . You fill out a mini application then you have to call a number to see if you pre-quilify for the job. I didn't get ask many questions at the interview and I got hired on spot.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we chose you to work for our company .   View Answer
    Their was no negotiation . They tell you , you will be making 2.16 plus tips. And your tips depend on your attitude.

Server Interview

Good interview process plus you get a free meal while you fill out paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • I do not recall any difficult or unexpected questions.   View Answer