Waffle House

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cincinnati, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Waffle House in March 2012.

Interview Details – I was never in jail, so they liked that. Overall very easy interview. Just be able to explain who you are and why you are good for the job.

Interview Question – Do you have open availability?   Answer Question

Salesperson

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Waffle House in December 2011.

Interview Details – I went and filled out their mini application. Then I got the larger application. I was lucky enough to be at the store while the managers were having a meeting, so I had to interviews right their and I was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – They asked me if I knew I could handle how busy it got there. I knew I could, though.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There were no negotiations.

Gainesville, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Waffle House in August 2013.

Interview Details – I went in on Tuesday (08/27/2013) and received an interview that same day. I received a call back 10 days later on (09/05/2013) about meeting with the Division manager. After that interview I received a call telling me to come to the restaurant on (09/16/2013) in such I started orientation..I had orientation for 5 days and I now with in the new restaurant they built here..

Interview Question – No really difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Waffle House in May 2013.

Interview Details – Went in asked for a application. They handed me a yellow paper in which i had to call for a personality test and phone interview. I called then i had to give my confirmation number to the manager she was nice and friendly. She said i will definately hire u. But first we have to do a backround check. That took a week !! 7 days!! She called and said now you have to meet with the district manager at 6:30am the next morning!!! The dm asked me three questions did i have a car, do i mind working all shifts , do i mind workin holidays. She honestly could of called me and asked me these question instead of draggin me out of bed at 6 am. About three days later the manager called and said i was hired and that i needed to go to training.

Interview Question – Why do u want to work here   View Answer

Saraland, AL

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Waffle House in November 2009.

Interview Details – Phone application followed by paper . Formal interview

Negotiation Details – None no none nada you get what you get

Siler City, NC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Waffle House in June 2010.

Interview Details – The company is always ailing for new people, and at this particular store, the turnover rate is tremendous. They will accept anyone, as long as you're looking for work and you can work and fill in for people. There seems to be a lot of drama at this particular store, due to the quality of people that usually apply--anything from single parents and managers who cheated on their spouse and divorced to be with the other person. Those who seem to do the worst get the better promotions.

Interview Question – Can you work weekends?   View Answer

Worked for Waffle House? Contribute to the Community!