Waffle House

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Americus, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Waffle House in June 2014.

Interview Details – Interview process was very SLOW . I had to call everyday for 3 weeks just to get them to look at my Application. Then Waited another 2 for them to call me for an Interview. I Had my Interview 3 weeks ago and never got called back , when the Manager told me during the Interview that they were HIRING .

Interview Question – No Difficlt Questions. Basic Interview Questions
Why Should We Hire you?
When are you available to work?
What Is your Expected Pay?
  View Answer

Byron, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Waffle House in October 2010.

Interview Details – I had to fill out a little yellow card and call the 1800 number. I was interviewed on the phone and given a confirmation number for hire. I then filled out an application and they sent in a background check. I was then I was interviewed by Alan Sullivan. I was asked if I was outgoing, what kind of experience I have had. Since I had previous experience with the Waffle House I was hired. I was then sent to orientation for two days which consisted of watching movies, a workbook and some lecture time on Waffle House ways. I then was training on the floor for half a day. My employer put me on the floor since I remembered how to do things the Waffle House Way. I now train the new servers who work in our store.

Interview Question – The third time I came back to work for the Waffle House I was interviewed by a District Manager from Atlanta named Andrew Pope. The most difficult question he asked me was why I believed I was right for the Waffle House and why I wanted to work for the Waffle House. He also questioned me about what I felt I would get out of the experience. At the time I was applying for a management position.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was offered to Hostess, I took the job as part time since I was a teacher at the time, I later moved to server.. Later when the Education Budget Cut came to our area, I had to find a new job, I went back to the Waffle House as was hired as a Server again.

Beaufort, SC

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Waffle House in July 2013.

Interview Details – 1st and 2nd Interview

Interview Question – When asked "why should you be hired at waffle house" there was a rude tone and asked very differently then the 3 girls before me and the guy after me. Not only was the guy rude to me and pretty much didn't like when I said "I can work any shift but Mondays due to Volunteer hours." I was looked out rudely and the guy who was there also to be interview made comments on what I said.   View Answer

Vestavia Hills, AL

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Waffle House in April 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was very quick and simple . The application was more complicated . You fill out a mini application then you have to call a number to see if you pre-quilify for the job. I didn't get ask many questions at the interview and I got hired on spot.

Interview Question – Why should we chose you to work for our company .   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Their was no negotiation . They tell you , you will be making 2.16 plus tips. And your tips depend on your attitude.

Pensacola, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Waffle House in March 2009.

Interview Details – Interview process wasa easy. You don't need any experience they will train you.

Interview Question – When can you start?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Waffle House

Interview Details – Good interview process plus you get a free meal while you fill out paperwork.

Interview Question – I do not recall any difficult or unexpected questions.   View Answer

Tallahassee, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Waffle House in January 2012.

Interview Details – Simple form, quick interview

Interview Question – Not difficult, just list all criminal activities, they will still heir as long as your honest.   Answer Question

McDonough, GA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Waffle House in October 2008.

Interview Details – When giving my application I was Prompted to call a 1800 number to complete, it asked a few simple questions like what would you do if you seen a fellow employee stealing. After you finish if you will receive a conformation number if you qualify for the job. I had several different managers before and usually they were all very nice, but this waffle house in Mcdonough was awesome. The manager sat with me talked for a about 15 minutes asked some questions, then introduced me to his other staff. It made me feel welcome to this new restaurant.

Interview Question – Can you Cook, and malty task! Those weren't very hard. Explaining my job history was harder than any questions asked.   Answer Question

Harrison, OH

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Waffle House in January 2008.

Interview Details – Sat down with manager and he asked simple questions like availability, age, hrs willing to work, and have you served before. Pretty basic. If you served before you will probally get the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Server

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Waffle House in January 2012.

Interview Details – The managers were pretty laid back. I felt very nervous going into it since this is my first job but they made me feel comfortable about it all.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Waffle House

Worked for Waffle House? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Waffle House Server interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Waffle House employees and interview candidates.