Waffle House Unit Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 9, 2015

2.5

Unit Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Waffle House.

Interview

Took about 2-3 weeks. Met with people director division and regional manager. Did an in unit at the store to see what a day is like. Also require a hair sample drug test that goes back at least 6 months. They'll make offer after you clear.

Interview Questions

• Why WH? What motivates you? Restaurant experience? Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Waffle House

Unit Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Waffle House.

Interview

Multiple steps involved in process, in unit evaluation, drug test, background test, personality test, minimum of 2 interviews. Not well organized. Did not receive call backs when promised. Process takes any where from 2 to 6 weeks.

Unit Manager Interview

Interview

Talk with two levels above management, which would be the division and the area leader above the district manager, and an area people director. Most of the upper management are laid back and really easy to talk to.

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waffle House (Tuscaloosa, AL) in October 2014.

Interview

First I applied for the position, which wasn't difficult. We set up an interview in person at a Waffle house. They gave me a sales pitch for the job and told me all the wonderful things about the company. I liked what i was hearing just the hours sounded awful and the work sounded worse to me. It really isn't a bad job but just wasn't for me. If you have a 4 year degree you can do better. You can read get more detail from another review.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of questions to show they were interested in me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Waffle House (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

Very Short. The entire process took about a week. I applied the night before my interview. I didn't even have time to come up with questions to ask the employer.

Anonymous Employee in Hickory, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Waffle House (Hickory, NC).

Interview

Pretty simple, as long as you meet the requirements. They are serious about drug testing you get tested more than once. Be sure that you are well prepared to work hard. This is a great job with potential if you're ready for it. The recruiters are super easy to talk to , they really want you to succeed.

Interview Questions

• I do not remember any questions, there is a test to take during the interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Make sure you are strong in your negotiations! If you don't ask for itt hey will not give it to you.

Unit Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Waffle House.

Interview

It is easy they need just about anyone who is willing to do the job. Just tell them what they wont to hear, and the rest is just taking a online assessment that will tell them how well you fit the system at waffle house.

Interview Questions

• The interview is the easy part, the assessment it what could stop you from getting the job. Just answer like you think a employer would wont you to.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They tell you what you will make, not much room to talk money with them,

Unit Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Waffle House.

Interview

The Area People Director (APD) for our 28 store area interviewed me first in a local unit. It went well, and she did a majority of the talking as she explained the company and the position. I had to do a second interview with the division manager (manages 9 units); I later met the APD again to complete a personality test to see if I matched what they were looking for. In all, 3 interviews and about 3 or 4 weeks of waiting before being hired. Oh, you also have to do an "In-Unit" which consists of working in a unit on Fri, Sat, and Sun (just as you would as a manager) to "try it before you buy it". I thought that was a fantastic plan for prospective employees.

Interview Questions

• Not really any unexpected questions, just typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They asked what my current salary was at my place of employment, and I said. They made an offer above what I expected so I went with it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waffle House (Little Rock, AR) in March 2014.

Interview

Initial phone interview with friendly/helpful recruiter. Met in person to interview with same recruiter. Met in person to interview with young Senior Manager. Knowledge/personality test via computer with recruiter at public library. "Weekend Experience" shadowing a local manager. Hair follicle drug test was scheduled for me to complete if I had continued.

Interview Questions

• Straightforward questions. She did want to know how I had "earned or sought additional responsibility and/or leadership" in past employment.   Answer Question

I can make more money with less demanding schedule in my area of study. Long consideration though because of the private stock options available at this company and the seemingly great people.

Unit Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Waffle House.

Interview

The overall process took about two months. I had three separate interviews. The first two interviews were basic and straightforward face to face interviews. My last interview was a three day trail run at various Waffle Houses. Everyone I met during the hiring process were very nice and enthusiastic people.

Interview Questions

• I did not experience any hard questions during any of my interviews. Each time I interviewed with the company it felt more like a conversation.   1 Answer

You have to be willing to sacrifice a lot in order to do the job well. Long and sporadic hours. Barely any time left for any type of social life.