Waffle House

Average Difficulty
15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Little Rock, AR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Waffle House in March 2014.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview with friendly/helpful recruiter. Met in person to interview with same recruiter. Met in person to interview with young Senior Manager. Knowledge/personality test via computer with recruiter at public library. "Weekend Experience" shadowing a local manager. Hair follicle drug test was scheduled for me to complete if I had continued.

Interview Question – Straightforward questions. She did want to know how I had "earned or sought additional responsibility and/or leadership" in past employment.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I can make more money with less demanding schedule in my area of study. Long consideration though because of the private stock options available at this company and the seemingly great people.

Hickory, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Waffle House.

Interview Details – Pretty simple, as long as you meet the requirements. They are serious about drug testing you get tested more than once. Be sure that you are well prepared to work hard. This is a great job with potential if you're ready for it. The recruiters are super easy to talk to , they really want you to succeed.

Interview Question – I do not remember any questions, there is a test to take during the interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Make sure you are strong in your negotiations! If you don't ask for itt hey will not give it to you.

Unit Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Waffle House.

Interview Details – It is easy they need just about anyone who is willing to do the job.
Just tell them what they wont to hear, and the rest is just taking a online assessment that will tell them how well you fit the system at waffle house.

Interview Question – The interview is the easy part, the assessment it what could stop you from getting the job. Just answer like you think a employer would wont you to.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They tell you what you will make, not much room to talk money with them,

Unit Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Waffle House.

Interview Details – The Area People Director (APD) for our 28 store area interviewed me first in a local unit. It went well, and she did a majority of the talking as she explained the company and the position. I had to do a second interview with the division manager (manages 9 units); I later met the APD again to complete a personality test to see if I matched what they were looking for. In all, 3 interviews and about 3 or 4 weeks of waiting before being hired. Oh, you also have to do an "In-Unit" which consists of working in a unit on Fri, Sat, and Sun (just as you would as a manager) to "try it before you buy it". I thought that was a fantastic plan for prospective employees.

Interview Question – Not really any unexpected questions, just typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They asked what my current salary was at my place of employment, and I said. They made an offer above what I expected so I went with it.

Unit Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Waffle House in June 2010.

Interview Details – First interview was done by district and regional managers. Interview lasted around 30 mins. Then I went to Little Rock and was interviewed and tested by Human resources. That lasted an hour. Worked one day as a cook to see if it would be something I would like doing, that was also part of the interview. Was not paid for that. Then I meet the CEO/Owner at the time. Was then offered the MIT position. Took around 2 months for the whole process.

Interview Question – There was no difficult questions or any unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – We figured out what I needed to make to survive during MIT training. Did that with the District manager.

Wilmington, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Waffle House in May 2012.

Interview Details – Meeting with APD, 30 min interview -> meeting with AVP and Div. Mgr -> basic follow up interview with computer based personality test

Negotiation Details – They gloss over starting pay, you have some wiggle room here. 1-3k.

Unit Manager

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Waffle House.

Interview Details – The overall process took about two months. I had three separate interviews. The first two interviews were basic and straightforward face to face interviews. My last interview was a three day trail run at various Waffle Houses. Everyone I met during the hiring process were very nice and enthusiastic people.

Interview Question – I did not experience any hard questions during any of my interviews. Each time I interviewed with the company it felt more like a conversation.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – You have to be willing to sacrifice a lot in order to do the job well. Long and sporadic hours. Barely any time left for any type of social life.

Unit Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Waffle House.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted by the area human resource recruiter. She was very nice and we met a few days later for the first interview. Then, I met with the regional manager, worked a busy weekend, passed a background and credit check, gave a hair strand follicle drug screen, took a 300+ personality test, took a story problem math test, and met for 4 more hours with the human resource recruiter.

Interview Question – describe a situation that someone took advantage of me.   Answer Question

Grand Prairie, TX

I applied through other source - interviewed at Waffle House in May 2011.

Interview Details – I Met with at least 3 mangers, and did a working interview. That's where the bring you in on a busy weekend to see in you can keep up.

Negotiation Details – they made an offer, and I countered it based on the distance I would drive for training.

Kissimmee, FL

I applied in-person and interviewed at Waffle House.

Interview Details – Extensive interview process. Many interviews, assessment.

Interview Question – There is a lot more describing the position to you and ensuring you are up for all the work involved.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Too much work involved for the money being offered. They made it clear there would be no work life balance.

Worked for Waffle House? Contribute to the Community!