Waffle House

2.6

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Waffle House in August 2014.

So far, so good. Looking forward to OJT. 10-12 week training should be very enlightening. I am very observant and want to see how much management freedom unit mgrs actually have.

Interview Questions
  • Liability for store thefts...unit mgr pays out of pocket?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Waffle House

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Waffle House.

HR Interview
    Spousal Interview
    Senior Level Interview
    Drug Screening
    Offer

Interview Questions
    • There is no default list of questions. They operate on the fly in each interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Waffle House in April 2014.

It was easy. They ask questions but mostly tell you what to expect as a Unit Manager. You will work every holiday and most weekends..BUT you will get off early!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Waffle House in February 2014.

I met the owner at a job fair. He was friendly, told me about the business, and after a few minutes invited me for an interview. I interviewed with the HR Director, and the owner was present. Both the owner and the HR Director were courteous, polite, and I feel were honest with me about the expectations of the job.

I was not yet offered a position, but was asked for salary requirements. I contacted the HR Director and stated that I would like to terminate the interview process as the job requirements would be too great a strain on my family life.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't expect salary to come up on the first interview, but it did.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Waffle House in May 2013.

I interviewed with 2 division managers, the area people director, and finally the area vice president. Was offered a position within a few days. I was desperate for income after I returned home from basic training. But if I would have thought long and hard about it, I would've probably declined and found something that was better suited and more conveient

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were related to whether or not you personally think you are a fir for the Waffle House culture. Expect the usual..... but at the end of the day, if you make yourself look good, it's not hard to get hired because they are constantly in the need of new manager trainees   View Answer
    no negotiation. But do negotiate. I started at $32,000 and that's not nearly enough for some of the stuff they had me do

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warner Robins, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warner Robins, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Waffle House in March 2013.

The interview process can be long depending on how far away they are from making recruiting quotas. They will hire anybody that has a bachelors degree and show that they are reliable hard worker and willing to learn.

Interview Questions
    • Where can you see yourself in ten yeas? The question itself is not difficult. They want to know do you have plans to further your education and do you plan to be with the company in the long run...   Answer Question
    Negotiate because they need you. I fail to realize this because I needed a job so bad...lol

Unit Manager Trainee Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Waffle House.

Interviewed with recuiter, area manager, unit manager and division mamanger.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Waffle House in February 2013.

3 interviews. All easy. They are selling the job to you. Desperation. Anybody with a college degree is IN. Background Check. Personality test. Drug test. Credit check. Nothing to prepare for.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you apply to Waffle House? It sounds like a no-brainer obvious interview question but the thought process of how you're going to respond is what makes it challenging. Clearly no one dreams of working at Waffle House in any position. LOL!   View Answer
    They asked me what was I making at my current job then offered me $11 an hour.e

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Waffle House in February 2013.

1. This company had requested my application from my College Career Center.
    2. Meet with People Person (HR)
    3. Met with ALL of Management with in Chain of command ( 5 MORE people)
    4. Skill Set tests
    5. Work in a store for a full weekend
    6. Drug test, Background
    7. Spouse Interview
    8. Job offer

Interview Questions
    • A lot of Behavioral Questions ( Situation or Task, Action took, Result).
      A lot of questions about honesty ( You will be in charge of $6000+ inventory.
        Answer Question
    non negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Waffle House in August 2012.

The hiring process was lengthy. It involved a one and one half hour meeting with a Waffle House district manager. After that, it involved three days of work. Day one was from 6:30 AM until 4:30 PM and from 8:30 PM until 9:30 PM. There was no lunch break during the day (11 hour day).

Day two was from 6:30 AM until 3:00 PM & from 8:30 PM until 9:30 PM. There was no lunch break during the day (9.5 hours)

Day three was from 5:15 AM until 3:00 PM and again from 8:30 PM until 9:30 PM. There was no lunch break during the day (10.45 hours)

The managers mostly impressed me and spent hours with me talking about the position during these past three days. They told me that I will work all the time if I want to succeed as a Waffle House manager, working at least 55 hours a week on a six day on, six day off rotation.

At the end of the interview, I was offered the position of unit manager trainee at an annual salary of $30,000/year for approximately 12-14 weeks. This position leads to the position of unit manager with a salary floor of $38,200/year with the average unit manager making $42,000 annually. It seems that highly motivated people can make more than $42,000k as a unit manager.

I was told that my manager wants me to stay in the position of unit manager for two Christmas holidays before a promotion to district manager. The career progression for this position goes
    Unit Manager Trainee (~30k) --> Unit Manager (~42k+) --> District manager (~65k+) --> Division Manager (80k+)

Interview Questions
    • No questions were difficult or unexpected. The work was difficult and the training was difficult as managers were constantly watching how quickly I could pick up new processes and complete tasks.   Answer Question
    No negotiation