Waffle House Unit Manager Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2015
Updated Mar 27, 2015

2.5

Unit Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Waffle House.

Interview

The interview was very straightforward, I met with the Region Manager and District Manager, discussing what I was interested in achieving and doing as a manager as well as my philosophies regarding work ethic and customer relationships. We discussed previous work and how it'd apply to the job, and spent a good amount of time going over exactly what the job would entail. Overall, it was a good experience!

Interview Questions

• They asked about the salary at the end of the interview, which I was not entirely expecting.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They asked what I would like to be compensated for the job, it was simple enough. I asked for a salary comparable to the average on this site for the job I applied for.

Other Interview Reviews for Waffle House

Unit Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Waffle House (Charlotte, NC) in August 2014.

Interview

So far, so good. Looking forward to OJT. 10-12 week training should be very enlightening. I am very observant and want to see how much management freedom unit mgrs actually have.

Interview Questions

• Liability for store thefts...unit mgr pays out of pocket?   Answer Question

Unit Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Waffle House (Montgomery, AL).

Interview

HR Interview
    Security Screening
    Spousal Interview
    Senior Level Interview
    Drug Screening
    Offer

Interview Questions

• There is no default list of questions. They operate on the fly in each interview.   Answer Question

Unit Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Waffle House (Atlanta, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

It was easy. They ask questions but mostly tell you what to expect as a Unit Manager. You will work every holiday and most weekends..BUT you will get off early!

Unit Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Waffle House (Beaumont, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

I met the owner at a job fair. He was friendly, told me about the business, and after a few minutes invited me for an interview. I interviewed with the HR Director, and the owner was present. Both the owner and the HR Director were courteous, polite, and I feel were honest with me about the expectations of the job.

I was not yet offered a position, but was asked for salary requirements. I contacted the HR Director and stated that I would like to terminate the interview process as the job requirements would be too great a strain on my family life.

Interview Questions

• I didn't expect salary to come up on the first interview, but it did.   1 Answer

Unit Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Waffle House (Mobile, AL) in January 2014.

Interview

It was great. Met with the APD and AVP at a Waffle House and just had a good conversation. Did have to take a personality test on a laptop that asked strange question about certain situations but it wasn't hard at all. There's no wrong answers just be yourself and consistent.

Unit Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Waffle House (Albany, GA) in May 2013.

Interview

I interviewed with 2 division managers, the area people director, and finally the area vice president. Was offered a position within a few days. I was desperate for income after I returned home from basic training. But if I would have thought long and hard about it, I would've probably declined and found something that was better suited and more conveient

Interview Questions

• Most questions were related to whether or not you personally think you are a fir for the Waffle House culture. Expect the usual..... but at the end of the day, if you make yourself look good, it's not hard to get hired because they are constantly in the need of new manager trainees   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation. But do negotiate. I started at $32,000 and that's not nearly enough for some of the stuff they had me do

Unit Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Waffle House (Warner Robins, GA) in March 2013.

Interview

The interview process can be long depending on how far away they are from making recruiting quotas. They will hire anybody that has a bachelors degree and show that they are reliable hard worker and willing to learn.

Interview Questions

• Where can you see yourself in ten yeas? The question itself is not difficult. They want to know do you have plans to further your education and do you plan to be with the company in the long run...   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate because they need you. I fail to realize this because I needed a job so bad...lol

Unit Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Waffle House.

Interview

Interviewed with recuiter, area manager, unit manager and division mamanger.

Unit Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Waffle House (Jackson, MS) in February 2013.

Interview

3 interviews. All easy. They are selling the job to you. Desperation. Anybody with a college degree is IN. Background Check. Personality test. Drug test. Credit check. Nothing to prepare for.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to Waffle House? It sounds like a no-brainer obvious interview question but the thought process of how you're going to respond is what makes it challenging. Clearly no one dreams of working at Waffle House in any position. LOL!   1 Answer

Negotiation

They asked me what was I making at my current job then offered me $11 an hour.e