Waffle House

Waffle House Waitress Interview Questions

1.8

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Waitress Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Waffle House.

It was easy interview only asked did I have any restaurant experience and do I have criminal record told me to come back next day for second interview with district manager

Other Interview Reviews for Waffle House

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Waffle House in September 2013.

I had went into Waffle House on August 26, 2013 and picked up a mini application, went home filled it out, called the 866 number, wrote down my reference number, and turned in my application. I received a call on September 12, 2013 from a Waffle House manager to meet the following day. Got to my interview 20 minutes early, filled out my employment application and my background check consent. I was interviewed by the manager and the Waffle House recruiter. They said they would give me a call. Got a call from the recruiter on September 18, 2013 to meet with a manager at another location on the 19th. I got hired on the spot. Now I have to go in Sunday and talk with the manager.

Interview Questions
    • No question was hard or difficult. They mainly ask you, "Why Waffle House?" and "Have you ever worked for Waffle House?"   Answer Question
    No negotiation. The pay is $2.85/hr plus tips. You either take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Waffle House in May 2013.

I went in to apply and filled out a very short application. I went another day to turn that in and the manager gave me a full length application. I filled that out and he simply talked about the store for a bit. A month later they called me and asked me to come in for training. I did not have an actual interview.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, you get waitress pay

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Waffle House in February 2013.

I went in the store and got a mini application. Filled the mini application number out and called the number on the back. Got my confirmation code and wrote it down. Took the mini application back to that same Waffle House and filled out another application and I gave it to the manager and he said he would give me a call back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Waffle House in January 2012.

They told me to come in for a interview, I talked to the manager & he told me to come back that Thursday to see his district manager. I meet with him & he interviewed me, took my information & told me he going tell the manager to call me, I ain't really receive a call yet!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kinston, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kinston, NC

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Waffle House in September 2011.

Very easy, just be willing to work. Tell them you want to work everyday and you will be hired.

Interview Questions
    • None, didn't ask any questions. Soon as I said I wanted to work everyday, she told me she will call me that next week. She called me on the exact day she said she would, and told me I was hired.   Answer Question
    None, you get paid 2.85 no matter what. They take 30% out of your check which makes you only get like $60 a month if you part-time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ladson, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ladson, SC

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Waffle House in July 2011.

you fill out mini application, went to speak to manager she sat down with me and told me about how to cheat the taxes and gov't. how "everyone does it", the hours availale. Asked me if I wanted day/night shift and full-time or part-time. then I had to call from a landline phone to their hotline where I answered some simple questions about if I could physically lift, bend, stand for long periods of time. Then the manager called me back and said I passed the background check and had the job and was to report to another location for training, During Training we got a book, a uniform, and we did some bookwork, we had to go home and study for a test, we had to learn the menu and the prices for each thing, how to correctly call out orders and whatnot. After a week staring at a book, we got to shadow an experienced waitress around for 3 to 5 days. Then we took the test, if we passed we got a star on our badge and was cleared to work at our designated WH locations.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing hard about getting this job, they don't even drug test. Pay attention in training and study your handbook.   Answer Question

Waitress Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Waffle House in September 2010.

I knew someone that worked there for years. she told me they were hiring and i need to come fill out an aplication. Its not even an app really. just basic info and number to take a phone test and get a confirmation number. once you answer a few basic questions on the phone an operator gives you the number and you write that on the back of the "mini app" and turn it into the manager. when i went in he immediately gave me a quick interview NO hard questions and told me i had to come in the next day to speak to regional manager. When i got there the next day he was so busy he just told me to come in for orientation ...i was officially hired

Interview Questions
    • Can you handle drunk people after the club? our location was the go to restaurant after clubs let out   Answer Question
    no negotiations. i knew the pay was little with the potential to make big in tips