Wag Hotels

Candidate Interview Review

All Day Play Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wag Hotels in November 2012.

Craigslist posting for seasonal position. Was contacted about a week after submitting my resume (be sure to include any animal related experience, even just pets at home).

They were very polite when I came to the front desk for the interview, they called the manager and she promptly brought me to the interview room.

It was a one on one interview.

She was happy and relaxed, she asked basic questions and then went into a couple more specific questions.

I was asked about my experiences working with animals, dogs in particular but also other animals that I have experience with. What are different signs dogs give about their mood, Availablity, my strengths & weaknesses, etc. Answer honestly, if you dont know, just say so....they do training and are more than willing to help you learn if they see an interest.

I felt very satisfied after the interview as it was much more like a conversation than a stiff interview.

All the staff I encountered seemed happy and glad to be working there. The ADP staff that I saw was calm and seemed relaxed but aware of what each dog was doing.

I received a phone call 2-3 days later with the job offer, my first day they went straight into training. I spent a little over 2 weeks with another staff in the room with me before I was by myself in the room. They did not put me in a room by myself until they were confident that I would be able to handle the group (even after I'd been in the same room a couple times before. Different dogs, different room dynamic)

Interview Questions
    • If you're in a room with 20 dogs and no toys, what would you do?   View Answer