WageWorks Interview Questions

2.8

Contractor Interview

Found it interesting that they ask you for information like date of birth prior to interview. I suppose they could claim that they want this for a credit check later if you are hired but most companies don't ask for this prior to interviewing. Could be used by them to screen out older applicants.

Cash App Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at WageWorks in August 2013.

(Easy) Submit online application, waited for two weeks, received email from HR requesting 5 min. telephone interview. Unfortunately did not receive a call to the phone number I specified to HR. So was surprised to get call on other phone with an origination in Arizona. Thus, figured out HR was not local (San Mateo, CA) but located somewhere in Arizona... Weird that HR asked which phone number best to reach me but called on the number I did not specify. Anyway, interview was straightforward, asked about knowledge and skills.

HR rep. also asked how when I'd be available to interview (if called) with hiring manager and when I'd be able to start work.

Well, it has been two weeks since the telephone interview, and I have not heard back from HR. I know the job was filled as it's not advertised anymore. However, it seems that this company follows the same sort of unprofessional, discourteous attitude as other companies nowadays. Once they've decided they don't need an applicant they have no courtesy to inform them that they are not being considered.

Judging from the many poor employee reviews I'm not shocked and actually glad they did not consider me.

Interview Questions
    • Telephone interview was straightforward so nothing difficult was asked.   Answer Question

National Account Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at WageWorks.

The process was long and took management quite some time to contact me back. From start to finish it was about 2 months. This is typical of this company.

Very easy

Client Engagement Manager Interview

This interview was one of the most unprofessional interviews I have been on. It was very apparent the hiring manager did not want to be there. It was almost comical by the interviewing questions she was asking. I am very happy to say and knew I was not going to the next round.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not difficult. The hiring manager mostly talk about how great they were and my interview questions were around that.   Answer Question

Contract Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at WageWorks in September 2012.

Initial phone interview followed up with an in-house interview.

Interview Questions
    • There is no such thing as an unexpected question for an experienced Recruiter.   Answer Question
    Hourly pay rate was competitive, no need to negotiate.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at WageWorks in February 2011.

First I interviewed with the hiring maanger on the phone. She asked me a lot of behavioral type questions, and also questions related to my work experience. The interview was not too difficult, as long as you have a general knowledge about accounting and US GAPP you should be fine. She did mention a few special accounting projects the Company had been doing, such as clean up of accrual accounts, and ask you if you have experience in that.

Then I was asked to go to the office to meet 6 people in total. They are mostly people in Finance department: another senior accountant, 2 accounting managers, the director of accounting (the hiring manager), the controller and a consultant who mainly works on M&A and stock options administration. They asked similar questions such as "why do you want to leave your current company?", "Why do you want to join WW?", "What are your top qualities that make you a fantastic candidate for this job?".

Overall I think the interview went well. I liked most of the people I met (one exception see below). The office looked very clean and comfortable to work at.

I remember one of the interviewers was pretty mean to me. When she heard that I was a licensed CPA, she said "I don't think a CPA is any better than a non-CPA!". This is insulting to me as I have spent years to pass all the exams and accumulate the right experience to get licensed. CPA means hard work and dedication to my career. I think what she said is very unprofessional and inappropriate for the occasion. Also, she kept asking me about my marital status, I seriously don't understand why that interested her that much. Should anyone be judged by whether (s)he is married or not?

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate my salary up by $2,000. Although not a lot, but it's still better than the original offer. I would say this company tends to give a lower than industy standard compensation package, so you should definitely negotiate. The worst case is they will say NO!

Customer Service Representative Interview

Prior to going to your interview, brush up on your typing skills because and typing test will be administered, and visit the website to get synopsis about what the company does and how it has impact on it's participants. During the interview process, you'll be asked questions about your previous employer(s), and how does your work experience benefits WageWork, The process should last no longer than 45 minutes.