Waggener Edstrom Communications

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bellevue, WA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Waggener Edstrom Communications.

I highly recommend checking out previous Glassdoor reviews on interviews at Waggener; they were very helpful to me throughout interviewing.

My process included submitting my resume through a friend who worked there and four interviews with seven people total, two of whom I work with regularly. Overall, I was very happy with how interviewers and recruiters accommodated my scheduling needs as well as how transparent my main recruiter was toward the end. The hiring process was very process-heavy but employee behavior was casual and welcoming.

My first impressions of the recruiters were not strong. The first interview was a typical recruiter phone screen. She gauged my interest in two open jobs then went radio silent for more than a month without a good explanation or updates. I found out via my friend who worked there that it was because Microsoft was figuring out its PR budget for the next fiscal year. She then passed me to a recruiter who I worked with to get my current job. That recruiter and I had a call where she gauged my interest in a new job. It frustrated me how she misinformed me on the job's scope - including number of clients I would work on - but she ended up being very helpful later on in the process.

I then had two rounds of in-person interviews with people in the department I work in, through which I got a much clearer idea of what the position would be and what Waggener culture is like. I think I would have had the option to tell the recruiter I would prefer to keep looking at other teams but I didn't.

After the interviews, the recruiter let me know that I was getting an offer but had to complete a writing test and send references first. The writing test was easy, and I liked that I could complete it at home. She kept me informed on the time frame for the day they wanted me to start so both she and I could keep the offer and negotiation process moving quickly.

Interview Questions
  • The last stage in interviewing is a form that includes three professional references and two editorial references. Depending on the position, you may not need editorial ones, but you should confirm you don't have to submit them.   View Answer
  • "What do you do say to a client when you under-deliver on what you have promised them?"   View Answer
  • "Talk about a strategy you developed and presented to a client."   View Answer
  • "Can you talk about at time when something didn't go as planned and you had to change course part-way through a project?"   Answer Question
Negotiation was brief and consisted of two phone calls with the recruiter I worked with most of the time. I had a set salary amount I was aiming for based on pre-existing knowledge of the range AAEs get paid at Wag Ed. The recruiter offered me a signing bonus that was the difference in what they initially offered and what I wanted for annual salary. It may have helped that I had emphasized throughout the interview process that I was performing a lot of tasks in my current job above what many AAEs do and wanted my new job duties and compensation to reflect that.

Other Interview Reviews for Waggener Edstrom Communications

Assistant Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Waggener Edstrom Communications in January 2011.

I received an e-mail asking me to set up a phone interview about a day after I had submitted my resume. When the person in charge of hiring contacted me, she called about 10 minutes late and seemed distracted (at one point she had to interrupt me so she could quiet her dog). I never really felt like she was listening to me and although I worked with it, she hurried off the phone once the dog started barking again. I'm not sure if it was the specific person I got or if it had something to do with me, but if my resume had been that poor of a fit I wish they had just not contacted me in the first place.

Interview Questions

Worked for Waggener Edstrom Communications? Contribute to the Community!