Waggener Edstrom Communications Intern Interview Questions & Reviews

9 interviews

3.2

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Waggener Edstrom Communications.

After submitting my resume through a contact at my university, I received an email from HR and we had an initial 30-minute phone interview about a week later. It was your pretty standard HR job interview -- tell me about yourself, why do you want to work here, strengths/weaknesses. Then I had another phone interview with the hiring manager (this was the toughest interview, but I knew my stuff so no major challenges), and finally an in-person interview with the director of the practice area I was trying to join. Last step was a phone call with the VP for the practice area -- very casual conversation with some more questions about my interest in PR and that practice area in particular.

Interview Questions
  • What are some trends that you expect to become essential in PR/this practice area?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Waggener Edstrom Communications

Anonymous Employee  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I interviewed online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Waggener Edstrom Communications.

So very organized, everyone within the office was friendly and welcoming. This was my second interview, the first interview was conducted over the phone.

Anonymous Employee  in  Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Waggener Edstrom Communications in August 2012.

After applying to the internship program, I heard from a recruiter within the next day. The phone screening was enjoyable, and I ended up talking to the recruiter for over an hour. She made me feel comfortable throughout the interview and it felt more like a conversation, rather than an interview. A week later, I was invited into the office for an interview. The in-office interview was quite different than what I expected based on the phone interview. I felt like the interviewer wasn't enthusiastic or trying to get to know me. I left feeling like I didn't cover the nature of my experiences holistically and thoroughly. It also felt very rushed. The recruiter once again followed up, and overall made the experience relatively positive. Be prepared to have situations from past experiences ready for a variety of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • - Is there anything you would like to make sure I know before the interview?
      - What is the most creative thing you've ever done?
      - What is your interest in technology?
        Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

The process took a day - interviewed at Waggener Edstrom Communications in June 2011.

I suppose that with many prestigious agencies in the US and around the world, there are many "invisible" factors that help to determine your candidacy as a potential employee. Although I easily had a year experience interning under my belt, I was told that I did not meet the qualifications.
    However, the panel I interviewed with was very nice and engaging, yet I find it absurd that even with my experience, I was not offered the position. I was later not selected for Fall Intern interviews. It makes me believe that hard working individuals are often overlooked for those who have connections in the industry. I admit that I have a biased opinion because I was not offered the position, however, it was an insult to hear that I did not qualify based on my experience.

Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Waggener Edstrom Communications in June 2009.

I applied for an internship opportunity in my home city office's but instead received an e-mail from HR about an internship opportunity in my college town. A 15-minute phone interview with their HR person was the first step, and a couple of days later I was called in for an in-person interview. Questions were the norm: tell us about yourself; why WE; what's your biggest strength/weakness, etc.

Interview Questions
    • What experience in the classroom could help you excel as an intern for our technology clients?   Answer Question
    • Why public relations?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Waggener Edstrom Communications in June 2010.

The interview process was the best interview process I have ever had. It was easy, enjoyable yet very professional. Come prepared, but relax.

Interview Questions
    • Know how to connect your strategies to your results.   Answer Question
    • What do you view as a current trend in the PR industry and why?   Answer Question
    N/A

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Waggener Edstrom Communications.

1. Phone interview with HR personnel from Hong Kong - They decide who to put through for the interview at the local office ~ 40 mins

2. One to one interview with account managers, meet with team members

3. English Proficiency test (1hr)

Interview Questions
    • Usual interview question, Why did you choose PR. What you know about Waggener Edstrom.

Proficiency test isn't easy, but manageable
        Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Waggener Edstrom Communications in February 2013.

Interview process is very professional. It starts with an arranged phone interview from the HR department in Hong Kong before an arranged interview with the accounts team in Singapore.

Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Waggener Edstrom Communications in January 2011.

The interviews consisted of a phone interview with HR and then an in-person interview with both hiring managers. The in-person interview lasted exactly 30-minutes and were back-to-back with other potential intern candidates.

Some of the questions asked were:
    -Why a career in public relations?
    -Why Waggener Edstrom?
    -What leadership experience have you had?

Interview Questions

Worked for Waggener Edstrom Communications? Contribute to the Community!