Waggener Edstrom Communications Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

3.2

Senior Content Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Waggener Edstrom Communications (Seattle, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

Seemed to be a lot of hoops to jump through. Phone screen, phone interview, writing exam, final interview. The people were nice and accommodating. The writing test seemed a bit cumbersome.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Waggener Edstrom Communications (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

Pretty standard process. Applied online, 2-3 weeks later a phone interview was set up, following week had an in-person interview with 4 of the hiring/decision makers of top level management. 2 weeks later was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult client you've had in the past and how you dealt with the situation?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Waggener Edstrom Communications (Bellevue, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and forwarded my credentials to the internship coordinator as well. I received an email the next day to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was very short (about ten minutes) and they asked pretty basic questions. I received an email a week later to set up a Skype interview the next week. The Skype interview was facilitated by two people, and lasted for about 15 minutes. I received a phone call the following week with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What does professionalism mean to you?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Interview

Spoke to someone in HR. Questions asked were basic, primarily in regards to previous responsibilities. Was told they were working on scheduling an interview but nothing seemed to happen, even after following up.

PR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Waggener Edstrom Communications (Bellevue, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via email by a member of HR to setup an initial phone interview. The phone interview covered basic questions about my background (education, experience, and interests in PR). I was then asked to come in for an in-person interview with the two supervisors of the intern program. The interview went well, covering a variety of situational questions. The interviewers were very friendly, and the office seemed very focused, yet casual. I was then contacted by the initial recruiter, and was told that I was one of many qualified applicants, but ultimately was not selected.

PR Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Waggener Edstrom Communications.

Interview

It started as email communication to set up a time to chat over the phone. Once scheduled over the phone, we talked about previous experience, PR related experience and overall background. The conversation led to the overall Interview Program and the company history. After there were about 3-4 interview questions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Waggener Edstrom Communications (Seattle, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied and was contacted by a Senior Account Executive where she provided me with dates and time for a phone interview. The interview included background about the internship program, the expectations of the interns, what I can expect from the internship, a an exchange of questions from both of us.

Account Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Waggener Edstrom Communications.

Interview

Most questions are behavioral, and not hypothetical, which does make them difficult. "Tell me about a time when you had to show leadership" "Tell me about a time where you were really proud of the work you did"

Interview Questions

• Mostly "name a time when..."   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not really negotiable at entry level.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waggener Edstrom Communications (Portland, OR).

Interview

Very professional and dialed out. The hiring staff really seems to have their pulse on the company needs and fit. I have only done two rounds of interviews so far, but I'm very impressed with the the process and understanding. These are very experienced people who have been through a lot and know what they are looking for.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for multiple positions?   1 Answer

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Oswego, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Waggener Edstrom Communications (Lake Oswego, OR).

Interview

One in-person and a number of phone interviews... it took me four months to get hired, and I was considered for three jobs before I finally got the fourth (I was either overqualified or it was filled internally.) Communication with HR was spotty at best... promised calls not returned, etc. The staffing person I worked with no longer works there, but I am not sure how much better it is now.

Interview Questions

• I only remember someone asking what publications I read regularly--I don't recall it being a very squeamish interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for $2k more than I was offered, and they accepted.