Waggener Edstrom Communications

Updated Sep 8, 2014

3.3

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Waggener Edstrom Communications in June 2012.

I submitted my application through their automated system and was contacted via email from their Talent Acquisition team. I had telephone interviews with the TA Partner, Account Manager, and Account Director. I was supposed to interview with the SVP of the practice, but she became unavailable due to a client conflict.

I was also asked to send writing samples to them.

All of the interviews started at the time they scheduled them to happen and they were very professional and very positive. The HR and Talent Acquisition teams even sent me email updates on what the next steps were even before I decided to follow-up. I really appreciated that gesture, it shows professionalism and courtesy on their part.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you had to convince your senior managers or executive team to do something that they didn't want to do. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • How did you come up with the strategy to communicate it (specific to the job)?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Waggener Edstrom Communications in January 2008.

I worked at the firm previously and came back. But for new people you typically would interview with HR, several members of the team, and a senior person. Interviews are primarily job-related "what would you do..." and going through your resume.

Interview Questions
    Negotiated salary and title, didn't get either.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Waggener Edstrom Communications in April 2010.

I was very lucky to be contacted by a member of the WE staffing team for an open AE position they were hiring for on the MS account. From the get go I had an amazing experience. Every person I interacted with on the staffing team were absolutely fantastic. I'd never had such a fun, relaxing, enjoyable time interviewing with a company, as strange as that sounds! I had never experienced a staffing team that took the time to check in with me periodically, providing updates even when they may not have had one to share, keeping me in the loop constantly, and just being great to work with.

Once I came in for my in person interview in the Bellevue office, I was greeted by a very friendly receptionist, I only had to wait maybe five minutes, and the next thing I knew I was walking out thinking - that's the place I want to be!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

The process took a day - interviewed at Waggener Edstrom Communications in June 2011.

I suppose that with many prestigious agencies in the US and around the world, there are many "invisible" factors that help to determine your candidacy as a potential employee. Although I easily had a year experience interning under my belt, I was told that I did not meet the qualifications.
    However, the panel I interviewed with was very nice and engaging, yet I find it absurd that even with my experience, I was not offered the position. I was later not selected for Fall Intern interviews. It makes me believe that hard working individuals are often overlooked for those who have connections in the industry. I admit that I have a biased opinion because I was not offered the position, however, it was an insult to hear that I did not qualify based on my experience.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Waggener Edstrom Communications in August 2009.

phone call from hr, phone interview with hiring manager, in person interview with hiring manager in person interview with the team

Interview Questions
    I was made a ton of promises none of which were honored

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Waggener Edstrom Communications in June 2009.

I applied for an internship opportunity in my home city office's but instead received an e-mail from HR about an internship opportunity in my college town. A 15-minute phone interview with their HR person was the first step, and a couple of days later I was called in for an in-person interview. Questions were the norm: tell us about yourself; why WE; what's your biggest strength/weakness, etc.

Interview Questions
    • What experience in the classroom could help you excel as an intern for our technology clients?   Answer Question
    • Why public relations?   Answer Question

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Waggener Edstrom Communications in January 2010.

I was contacted through LinkedIn. I spoke with two HR people and an account person over the phone before they flew me out to Seattle for an in-person interview. Incidentally, this is how I found out that the offices are actually in a suburb of Seattle. I met with two senior team members (VPs) for about 30-45 minutes and then a SAE for another half hour. The atmosphere appears laid-back (casual dress code) but rest assured that they are very serious about their business. I was asked fairly detailed questions on my experience and several "what if you were in this situation" questions. They kept me on my toes, not many easy, "softball" questions.

The interview process was very professional and courteous - although I ended up declining the offer ($63K for an SAE spot), the HR reps were polite and easy to work with throughout the process. I really appreciated that.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a lot of questions specific to the work expected of the position and my experience in a particular industry.   Answer Question
    • What kind of management style do you prefer?   Answer Question

Poor timing on my end - nothing to do with WE.

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Waggener Edstrom Communications in January 2008.

Four rounds of interviews for an entry level position, including one interview with HR recruiter and three interviews with different people on the team. More back-and-forth emails with recruiter than you can imagine. It all seemed a bit unnecessary. Likely would have declined the opening even if I had received the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Waggener Edstrom Communications in June 2010.

The interview process was the best interview process I have ever had. It was easy, enjoyable yet very professional. Come prepared, but relax.

Interview Questions
    • Know how to connect your strategies to your results.   Answer Question
    • What do you view as a current trend in the PR industry and why?   Answer Question
    N/A

Senior Events Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Waggener Edstrom Communications in June 2010.

I submitted my resume online and received a call back within 48 hours. The interview process began with a number of phone interviews; primarily because the Senior-Level staff of the Events team was located on the West Coast, although the position was being offered in NYC.

After 3-4 phone interviews. I moved on to 3 face-to-face interviews. From there, I was notified that it was down to myself and another person and after calling repeatedly I was later notified that the position was offered to the other candidate.

The experience was pleasant but long. Please be prepared with patience.