Waggener Edstrom Communications

1 Interview Review

4.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Johannesburg (South Africa)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johannesburg (South Africa)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Waggener Edstrom Communications in February 2012.

I was contacted by a staffing partner who had received my CV from an internal referral. We set up a call with me. Our initial conversation focused on my current experience, reasons for wanting to leave and what my expectations are regarding responsibilities and reimbursement. The person I dealt with was very thorough and answered all of my questions.

My second interview was about a week later and was initially meant to be another call, but the person happened to be in South Africa at the time and I thus had an opportunity to meet in a 1:1 interview. The atmosphere was relaxed and conversational, focusing on the big-picture view for this role and the skills and qualities needed for the successful candidate.

My third interview was with the country GM in South Africa and was quite brief and focused on my personality and skills. Though this position reports to a UK-based manager, it is based in the office in South Africa. Part of this interview was to see if the candidate would fit into the existing team's culture. This interview took place three weeks after the first call.

The fourth and final part of this interview was a 20 minute screen-share presentation to a board in the UK as well as to the GM in South Africa. The presentation took place in the WE South Africa offices and happened six weeks after my initial contact with the staffing partner.

Throughout the process everyone was open to answering questions and cordial on email. I received an offer from them within a week of the presentation and after gathering references and doing a background check, all contracts and other paperwork was completed within a matter of days.

Interview Questions
  • Do you see yourself as a problem solver? Please give an example of how you work through a problem and how you applied that principle to your job.   Answer Question
  • Give an example of a failure that occurred as a direct consequence of an oversight on your part, and how did you manage the situation? Did you implement any measures to avoid a similar situation going forward?   Answer Question

Worked for Waggener Edstrom Communications? Contribute to the Community!