Waggener Edstrom Communications

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Public Relations Interview

Public Relations

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Waggener Edstrom Communications in January 2008.

Interview Details – Very rigorous interview process. You meet with many people to see if you'll "fit in" within the team. Went through about 5 interviews over the course of 2 months. HR Managers, managers, etc. Be prepared to answer a lot of "what would you do" in this situation questions. They really promote innovation here, but it's very corporate underneath. I noticed the dress code is very lax, but attitudes still very much old school corporate. People seem to talk a big game here, especially on the higher end. The management is on the younger end, and their are too many "VP's". Basically too many hands in the pot within the interview and the job itself. Could be much more simplified. I felt like I was interviewing for a position at a law firm.

Interview Question – In what ways could you provide assistance to someone inside the agency?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Don't accept the first offer they give you. They really tried to sell me the position with their 4 weeks of vacation, profit share, etc. However, you should note pay increases and profit share has been frozen indefinitely. Don't expect too much from them right now in lieu of a fantastic compensation package because of the economy. On the plus side, they still offer "continuing education", which is 2.5 % of your base salary to go towards forwarding your career. But they have been making some changes to that as well, which is making it harder to use.

Public Relations Interview

Public Relations

The process took a day - interviewed at Waggener Edstrom Communications in August 2009.

Interview Details – So far it's been just a phone interview, but the contact was very friendly and I'm definitely looking forward to going in and meeting with the office staff.

Interview Question – What are you looking for in a PR firm?   Answer Question

Worked for Waggener Edstrom Communications? Contribute to the Community!