Waggener Edstrom Communications

3.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Oswego, OR
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Oswego, OR

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Waggener Edstrom Communications.

One in-person and a number of phone interviews... it took me four months to get hired, and I was considered for three jobs before I finally got the fourth (I was either overqualified or it was filled internally.) Communication with HR was spotty at best... promised calls not returned, etc. The staffing person I worked with no longer works there, but I am not sure how much better it is now.

Interview Questions
  • I only remember someone asking what publications I read regularly--I don't recall it being a very squeamish interview.   Answer Question
I asked for $2k more than I was offered, and they accepted.

Other Interview Reviews for Waggener Edstrom Communications

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Waggener Edstrom Communications in June 2012.

I submitted my application through their automated system and was contacted via email from their Talent Acquisition team. I had telephone interviews with the TA Partner, Account Manager, and Account Director. I was supposed to interview with the SVP of the practice, but she became unavailable due to a client conflict.

I was also asked to send writing samples to them.

All of the interviews started at the time they scheduled them to happen and they were very professional and very positive. The HR and Talent Acquisition teams even sent me email updates on what the next steps were even before I decided to follow-up. I really appreciated that gesture, it shows professionalism and courtesy on their part.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you had to convince your senior managers or executive team to do something that they didn't want to do. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • How did you come up with the strategy to communicate it (specific to the job)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Waggener Edstrom Communications in January 2010.

I was contacted through LinkedIn. I spoke with two HR people and an account person over the phone before they flew me out to Seattle for an in-person interview. Incidentally, this is how I found out that the offices are actually in a suburb of Seattle. I met with two senior team members (VPs) for about 30-45 minutes and then a SAE for another half hour. The atmosphere appears laid-back (casual dress code) but rest assured that they are very serious about their business. I was asked fairly detailed questions on my experience and several "what if you were in this situation" questions. They kept me on my toes, not many easy, "softball" questions.

The interview process was very professional and courteous - although I ended up declining the offer ($63K for an SAE spot), the HR reps were polite and easy to work with throughout the process. I really appreciated that.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a lot of questions specific to the work expected of the position and my experience in a particular industry.   Answer Question
    • What kind of management style do you prefer?   Answer Question

Poor timing on my end - nothing to do with WE.