Waitrose

www.waitrose.com

Waitrose Sales Assistant Interview Questions

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wimbledon, England (UK)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wimbledon, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Waitrose in December 2013.

It was group interview with 9 of us.
The interviewer was very friendly and told us that whole process will take an hour.
First we was playing bingo .We have to communicate as a group and find out who is :
-doesn't like red wine.
-smocking
-speaks Spanish etc.

after we have to answer 3 questions:
-What is your favourite meal and why?
-Why should they hire you?
-What is your plans for the future?

At the end we was divided into 2 groups and each group get a product that we have to sell to an other group.

At the end we told that they will contact us in few days time with results ,i had replay in 6 days .They told that current position is filled in and they will keep my details for the next 3 months and contact me if they have something available.

Interview Questions
  • It wasn't any difficult questions ,just obvious interview questions But keep in mind that you need to be yourself and show your personality,which i failed to do .I was very nervous as it was my first interview.

I didn't get the job because i was too tense and i think everyone can see that.
    Anyway , i learn a lot from other people's answers and by looking back i saw mistakes that i made.At the end of interview i already know i would not get this job.

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Waitrose

Sales Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Waitrose.

I completed a long application form online and was emailed a week later telling me that was invited to an interview. I arrived at the store and went to the customer service desk to sign in and was then taken up to a small waiting room. Here there were about 10 other people to be interviewed. Get to know people a bit as it'll be handy later when you have to 'pick' groups. We initially had a short presentation then we were all given a few minutes to come up with a short presentation about ourselves answering 3 questions: what we had been doing the last 2 years, what our interests were, and why they should employ us. After that there was a short discussion of what we expected from working there, what we wanted to do in the future, etc.

I'm not sure what order the rest was in but we had to do a few activities:
    answering questions about the company (how much they made, what are the perks of working for them, who their competitors were, etc.) .

We had to spilt into groups and order a list of attributes as what was the most important to the least. e.g. 'tidy appearance', 'punctuality', 'a sense of humour'... and then discuss why we had ranked them as we did. Tip - some groups put things like punctuality as most important and were severely criticised by the interviewee as this should be given.

In twos we were given a product and had time to talk to each other and then sell it to the group.

There might have been a few other exercises but they were the main ones. It all lasted about 2.5 hours. We had to fill in some forms about availability and uniform sizes and which sections we'd mind working in and then offered the company newspaper and could then leave.

Remember to sign out when you leave.

A few days later I had an email saying that the hours I said I could do were not compatible with what they needed but that they liked me and would keep me on file in case something came up. I didn't think that I would hear from them again but 4 months later I received an email offering me a job. By this time I couldn't do it so I turned it down.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about the profit margins and information about the company. I hadn't expected these sort of questions for a shop floor job.   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eastbourne, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eastbourne, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Waitrose in July 2010.

The online application process was fairly straightforward and clear. I was very impressed with the benefits offered by the John Lewis Partnership. The interview consisted of, firstly, a group interview and then a few days later a 1:1 interview. The group interview was about 2 hours and consisted of a few ice-breakers, group work on customer service and expectations of the job and information about roles available and benefits of working for the partnership. The 1:1 consisted of a half hour chat about my performance in the group interview and what position I would consider. It was a very friendly environment and the benefits of the job are very impressive and quite possibly unmatched by any other retailer.

Sales Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Waitrose in October 2009.

2 hour group interview, group discusion, selling task, communication round

Interview Questions
    • what do you think about customer service   View Answer