Waitrose Waitrose Supermarket Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Sep 4, 2014
Updated Sep 4, 2014

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Waitrose Supermarket Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Waitrose in September 2014.

Applied online and answered a range of multiple choice questions based on your judgement about different and possible situations that could occur or have previously dealt with. I received an email to confirm I had passed and I was invited to attend an interview.

The interview was an individual and group interview. The group interview consisted of 9 people including myself. We were given a task to create an action plan and summarise our individual case studies and information we were given about that particular issue. We were observed by 2 interviewers . After the group interview, we were interviewed individually. The questions asked were:

1) Why Waitrose?
2) Tell me about yourself?
3) When have you had to change a decision made by someone else? What did you do? Were you successful?
4) How do you ensure that there are only high quality goods sold in store?

I don't remember the remaining questions but it was related to customer service and previous decisions made which were difficult or persuading others.

I was contacted a week later by the recruiting team through email to say I passed the interview and then I was given a call offering me a temporary to permanent vacancy.

Interview Questions
  • How do you ensure that there are only high quality goods sold in store?   View Answer
There was no negotiation. I was happy with the hours offered. Waitrose give you a form to fill in the hours of availability including training after the interview.

Other Interview Reviews for Waitrose

- Online Application Form
    - Telephone Interview
    - Face to face interview
    - Shop floor interview

Interview Questions
    • - What would the first thing you do if a customer had a complaint.   Answer Question

Waitrose Supermarket Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Waitrose in February 2013.

Was in a group asked us questions like What is your favourite meal, why do you want to work for waitrose, and what do you do then had to build a tower out of paper.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favourite meal, why do you want to work for waitrose   Answer Question

Waitrose Supermarket Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Waitrose.

application process - make sure you use the correct grammar and punctuation.

group interview - being friendly and confident is paramount.

one on one interview - act the same way as you did in the group interview, don't try to act all serious. Have a smile on your face and use their first name, not their surname.

Interview Questions
    • Here are (dried apples in this instance, could be anything). Come up with ways in which you would sell them to a customer.   Answer Question

Waitrose Supermarket Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northwood, London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northwood, London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Waitrose in August 2012.

First was the application process, where you had to answer a number of questions. After that, if you were successful, you would be invited to a group assessment and/or one-to-one interview with between 4 to 12 people. I had 2 others with me in my group, so it depends what the job was for.

Waitrose Supermarket Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Waitrose in May 2010.

Had a phone call inviting me to a group interview. The group interview consisted of about 12 people - we sat in a circle and took it in turns to answer questions of things that we have overcome, what we can bring to the company etc. Then after the interview I was phoned up and told I had a job - the second 1-1 interview was very informal and was basically just filling in forms

Interview Questions
    • We had to choose a product, then as a group we had to 'sell it' by acting out an advert   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation - I was given my shifts and I wasn't even told how much I would earn until I started

Waitrose Supermarket Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Ives, Cornwall, South West England, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Waitrose in November 2009.

They take a very long time to respond and they threatened a person n the day of not employing them.

Hours

Waitrose Supermarket Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Waitrose in June 2009.

A group interview followed by a one-to-one interview. the group interview consisted of a range of activities, such as coming up together with ideas as to why Waitrose is a good place to work, what it stands for etc. We were also required to deliver a 2-minute presentation on what we've been up to in the last year after an activity where everyone had to individually advertise a random product. They were enjoyable and challenging. The one-to-one interview was just to get to know a bit more about you. It was with a manager who was friendly, made me feel at ease and knew about my performance in the previous interview. Both were useful processes.

Interview Questions
    • In the one-to-one interview: Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?   View Answer
    I was offered the job at interview and had to negotiate time-off for a pre-planned holiday. They were more than accommodating and started my training when i returned.

Waitrose Supermarket Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Waitrose in March 2009.

Online application form, online tools test followed by group interview and second interview. Standard questions relating to team work and customer service. Asked if we knew anything about the company and which of the Waitrose principles was the most important (honesty, respect etc). Followed by a numeracy and literacy test.

Waitrose Supermarket Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islington, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islington, England (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Waitrose in September 2008.

-Group Interview: 10+ people, asking general questions such as When you experienced good customer service, doing simple group tasks and questions about what consists of good customer service

- One to One interview, relatively easy. Why you want to work at Waitrose, trying to figure how dedicated you are to the company.