Waitrose

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sheffield, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Waitrose in May 2010.

Interview Details – Had a phone call inviting me to a group interview. The group interview consisted of about 12 people - we sat in a circle and took it in turns to answer questions of things that we have overcome, what we can bring to the company etc. Then after the interview I was phoned up and told I had a job - the second 1-1 interview was very informal and was basically just filling in forms

Interview Question – We had to choose a product, then as a group we had to 'sell it' by acting out an advert   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation - I was given my shifts and I wasn't even told how much I would earn until I started

Waitrose Supermarket Assistant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Waitrose in March 2009.

Interview Details – Online application form, online tools test followed by group interview and second interview. Standard questions relating to team work and customer service. Asked if we knew anything about the company and which of the Waitrose principles was the most important (honesty, respect etc). Followed by a numeracy and literacy test.

Interview Question – What three course meal would you cook?   Answer Question

Waitrose Supermarket Assistant
Saint Ives, Cornwall, South West England, England (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Waitrose in November 2009.

Interview Details – They take a very long time to respond and they threatened a person n the day of not employing them.

Interview Question – what do you know about the JLP?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Hours

Waitrose Supermarket Assistant
Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Waitrose in February 2013.

Interview Details – Was in a group asked us questions like What is your favourite meal, why do you want to work for waitrose, and what do you do then had to build a tower out of paper.

Interview Question – What is your favourite meal, why do you want to work for waitrose   Answer Question

Interviewed at Waitrose

Interview Details – - Online Application Form
- Telephone Interview
- Face to face interview
- Shop floor interview

Interview Question – - What would the first thing you do if a customer had a complaint.   Answer Question

Waitrose Supermarket Assistant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Waitrose.

Interview Details – application process - make sure you use the correct grammar and punctuation.

group interview - being friendly and confident is paramount.

one on one interview - act the same way as you did in the group interview, don't try to act all serious. Have a smile on your face and use their first name, not their surname.

Interview Question – Here are (dried apples in this instance, could be anything). Come up with ways in which you would sell them to a customer.   Answer Question

Islington, England (UK)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Waitrose in September 2008.

Interview Details – -Group Interview: 10+ people, asking general questions such as When you experienced good customer service, doing simple group tasks and questions about what consists of good customer service

- One to One interview, relatively easy. Why you want to work at Waitrose, trying to figure how dedicated you are to the company.

Interview Question – Name as many good forms of customer service you can.   Answer Question

Waitrose Supermarket Assistant
Northwood, London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Waitrose in August 2012.

Interview Details – First was the application process, where you had to answer a number of questions. After that, if you were successful, you would be invited to a group assessment and/or one-to-one interview with between 4 to 12 people. I had 2 others with me in my group, so it depends what the job was for.

Interview Question – Who was your favorite chef and why?   View Answer

Bristol, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Waitrose in June 2009.

Interview Details – A group interview followed by a one-to-one interview. the group interview consisted of a range of activities, such as coming up together with ideas as to why Waitrose is a good place to work, what it stands for etc. We were also required to deliver a 2-minute presentation on what we've been up to in the last year after an activity where everyone had to individually advertise a random product. They were enjoyable and challenging. The one-to-one interview was just to get to know a bit more about you. It was with a manager who was friendly, made me feel at ease and knew about my performance in the previous interview. Both were useful processes.

Interview Question – In the one-to-one interview: Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was offered the job at interview and had to negotiate time-off for a pre-planned holiday. They were more than accommodating and started my training when i returned.

Worked for Waitrose? Contribute to the Community!