Wake County Public Schools Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2014
Updated Aug 10, 2014

2.6

Science Teacher Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Wake County Public Schools in August 2010.

The interview process was standard. I interviewed at three schools before I was offered a job. The first interview was with a committee including the principal, vice principal, and science dept. chair. The second interview was only with the vice principal. At the third school, I was interviewed by the principal and three vice principals.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was, "What are three words that describe you?" All three interviews I had in Wake County asked this question. Be prepared to answer questions on discipline or how you handled difficult situations in the past. Be honest. If you share a bad experience, then share what you learned from it.   View Answer
    Negotiation is not possible in teaching.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Wake County Public Schools in June 2011.

I was contacted on a Saturday, and interviewd the following week. I was offered the job on the spot and was very excited to accept. The interview lasted about 2 hours and the interviewer was very detailed about the expectations of the job. I was very comfortable and the conversation followed easily.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me what memebers of the community had said about their school. I was not from the area, so I felt as though I did not have a vaild answer for their question. I was also asked about other responsibilites I would not mind taking on other than the role as teacher. I would need to do more research on the additional responsibilites first.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Durham, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Wake County Public Schools in April 2010.

Lengthy...

Interview Questions
    • How do about you feel about African American students?   View Answer
    Non Existent

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied in-person - interviewed at Wake County Public Schools in July 2010.

Hiring was a smooth process. Jobs are listed on wcpss.net with direct contact information for each job. I interviewed directly with principal, assistant principal and team teachers at the school in which I was hired, which I found to be beneficial.

There is no negotation, as there are set salaries.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wake County Public Schools in February 2010.

they will call you up and offer you an interview within the next few days.

Interview Questions
    They called me within 1 day to offer me a job.

Teaching Assistant Interview

interviewed at Wake County Public Schools in December 2012.

I applied by sending my resume and cover letter to the school principal, who then called to set up an interview. An application also has to be on file with the school district if you are selected for employment. This application is much more extensive and includes work history, education history, background check information, and letters of recommendation.

Interview Questions
    • It was a pretty typical interview - they told me about the position and asked what qualifications I had to offer that would make me uniquely qualified for the job.   Answer Question

Teacher, High School Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at Wake County Public Schools.

It was hard to get an interview but once I got a call after a year, I was interviewed by the principal and a central office administrator. They asked me to sign an "Early Contract" within 48 hours to lock my position at their school for the following school year.

Interview Questions
    • There was no question too difficult. However, I did not enjoy the assumptions that I would not be able to handle a classroom of students after 7 years of classroom experience.   Answer Question
    Clear cut salary schedule

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Wake County Public Schools.

It was pretty easy to complete my file with Central Office. Because I lived out of state at the time of my job search, all interviews were conducted on the phone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Wake County Public Schools in May 2011.

hired after several rounds of interviews with staff/principal

Interview Questions
    • what can you offer that other teachers cant?   View Answer

Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wake Forest, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wake Forest, NC

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Wake County Public Schools in November 2009.

I sent resume and application to Wake County Public Schools. I submitted Teacher Certification. I checked online job information on Wake County Public School website.. I submitted application online. Received a call from Principal and scheduled interview for 3rd/4th grade Teacher Assistant position. I met with 3rd Grade Dept. Head and Principal for the interview. I recieved a call back days later and offered position. I accepted and started after the Christmas Holiday break.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember being asked anything in particular that was difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Worked for Wake County Public Schools? Contribute to the Community!