Wake County Public Schools

Relevance Date Difficulty

Teacher, High School Interview

Teacher, High School
Raleigh, NC

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Wake County Public Schools in June 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted on a Saturday, and interviewd the following week. I was offered the job on the spot and was very excited to accept. The interview lasted about 2 hours and the interviewer was very detailed about the expectations of the job. I was very comfortable and the conversation followed easily.

Interview Question – They asked me what memebers of the community had said about their school. I was not from the area, so I felt as though I did not have a vaild answer for their question. I was also asked about other responsibilites I would not mind taking on other than the role as teacher. I would need to do more research on the additional responsibilites first.   Answer Question

Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Wake County Public Schools in April 2010.

Interview Details – Lengthy...

Interview Question – How do about you feel about African American students?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non Existent

Raleigh, NC

I applied in-person - interviewed at Wake County Public Schools in July 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring was a smooth process. Jobs are listed on wcpss.net with direct contact information for each job. I interviewed directly with principal, assistant principal and team teachers at the school in which I was hired, which I found to be beneficial.

Negotiation Details – There is no negotation, as there are set salaries.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Teacher, High School Interview

Teacher, High School
Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wake County Public Schools in February 2010.

Interview Details – they will call you up and offer you an interview within the next few days.

Interview Question – What does your classroom look like?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They called me within 1 day to offer me a job.

Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Wake County Public Schools.

Interview Details – It was pretty easy to complete my file with Central Office. Because I lived out of state at the time of my job search, all interviews were conducted on the phone.

Interview Question – How do you teach guided reading in your classroom?   Answer Question

Raleigh, NC

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Wake County Public Schools in May 2011.

Interview Details – hired after several rounds of interviews with staff/principal

Interview Question – what can you offer that other teachers cant?   View Answer

Teacher Assistant Interview

Teacher Assistant
Wake Forest, NC

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Wake County Public Schools in November 2009.

Interview Details – I sent resume and application to Wake County Public Schools. I submitted Teacher Certification. I checked online job information on Wake County Public School website.. I submitted application online. Received a call from Principal and scheduled interview for 3rd/4th grade Teacher Assistant position. I met with 3rd Grade Dept. Head and Principal for the interview. I recieved a call back days later and offered position. I accepted and started after the Christmas Holiday break.

Interview Question – I don't remember being asked anything in particular that was difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

General File Clerk Interview

General File Clerk
Raleigh, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Wake County Public Schools in May 2010.

Interview Details – it was ok

Interview Questions

Worked for Wake County Public Schools? Contribute to the Community!