Wake County Public Schools

Updated Aug 10, 2014

2.6

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Wake County Public Schools.

It was pretty easy to complete my file with Central Office. Because I lived out of state at the time of my job search, all interviews were conducted on the phone.

Teacher, High School Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Wake County Public Schools in June 2011.

I was contacted on a Saturday, and interviewd the following week. I was offered the job on the spot and was very excited to accept. The interview lasted about 2 hours and the interviewer was very detailed about the expectations of the job. I was very comfortable and the conversation followed easily.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me what memebers of the community had said about their school. I was not from the area, so I felt as though I did not have a vaild answer for their question. I was also asked about other responsibilites I would not mind taking on other than the role as teacher. I would need to do more research on the additional responsibilites first.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

The process took a weekinterviewed at Wake County Public Schools in May 2011.

hired after several rounds of interviews with staff/principal

Interview Questions
    • what can you offer that other teachers cant?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied in-person – interviewed at Wake County Public Schools in July 2010.

Hiring was a smooth process. Jobs are listed on wcpss.net with direct contact information for each job. I interviewed directly with principal, assistant principal and team teachers at the school in which I was hired, which I found to be beneficial.

There is no negotation, as there are set salaries.

General File Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Wake County Public Schools in May 2010.

it was ok

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Wake County Public Schools in April 2010.

Lengthy...

Interview Questions
    • How do about you feel about African American students?   View Answer
    Non Existent

Teacher, High School Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wake County Public Schools in February 2010.

they will call you up and offer you an interview within the next few days.

Interview Questions
    They called me within 1 day to offer me a job.

Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wake Forest, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wake Forest, NC

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Wake County Public Schools in November 2009.

I sent resume and application to Wake County Public Schools. I submitted Teacher Certification. I checked online job information on Wake County Public School website.. I submitted application online. Received a call from Principal and scheduled interview for 3rd/4th grade Teacher Assistant position. I met with 3rd Grade Dept. Head and Principal for the interview. I recieved a call back days later and offered position. I accepted and started after the Christmas Holiday break.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember being asked anything in particular that was difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question