Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center

Updated Oct 13, 2014
Updated Oct 13, 2014

2.1

Summer ResearchBiomedical Engineering Department Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center.

The application process did not include any kind of interview. I was contacted by email after applying on in a very simple process. The faculty made clear that if more time was available next year they would prefer to do interviews, but they were mainly just looking for applicants with good research experience.

The payment was non-negotiable

Research Scholar Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center.

The interview process was pretty straight forward. I received an email form the program coordinator for a Skype interview. Did the interview with a group of professors. Then I was invited on site for another interview. I gave a face to face interview. I also met with several people from other department and three days later was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • None that I can recall. It was all about what I have done and what I intend to do during my postdoctoral. They also asked about my career goals   Answer Question
    No negotiation involved. The salary guidelines are set by the NIH

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center in July 2014.

Online application. Head of department called me personally to arrange a face to face interview. I met with him one week later. Then interviewed with three other people in the office. I was offered the job two week later, accepted, and started two weeks after that.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected or difficult questions during the phone or face to face interview.   Answer Question
    As expected. I was offered less than I was seeking. I tried to negotiate but management would not budge.

RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center in June 2014.

I applied on the company website and was called for an interview 3 days later. Then I went to the interview 2 days after that. Following that interview I was called the same day to come in for an interview with HR.

Interview Questions
    • There were no hard questions in my opinion.   View Answer

CNA I Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center in June 2014.

I applied online. Called the same day to set up interview. I had an interview 3 days later on a monday. Called back Friday to meet with Recruitment. Met with recruitment following monday. Recruitment offered the job by tuesday. And I start the 28th. Quick hiring process but start day was a month down the road.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you believe you would be a good aspect to our team?   Answer Question

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center in March 2014.

Downloaded application sent in via mail. Was called for first interview. Never called back for second interview.

Lab Tech II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center.

They took a long time to fill the position.

Interview Questions
    • My most problamatic question was the typical where do you see yourself in 5 years question.   Answer Question

Rad Tech Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center.

Apply online. Interview with HR first, then if they determine you qualify, you are set up to interview with the department hiring manager. During the department interview you meet the staff and they get an opportunity to ask questions. If selected, you will get a formal offer, first by phone then in writing.

Staff Sonographer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center.

no interview I was a contract employee

wanted to keep traveling

Nurse Practitioner Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center.

I am from out of state and work at a large, academic institution. I was looking to move to NC for family reasons and offered an in person interview after applying online several months prior with no word for all those months. They had told me they would reimburse my flight (they did not, they didn't even pay part of it- after the interview I never got a response to my query) but they did put me up in a hotel. The interview was 2 days long and was extremely personal in nature. No one asked any professional questions and instead asked about my spouse, my children, what I did outside work, it felt very intrusive. The other NPs and PAs seemed unprofessional and one was dressed inappropriately (short skirt, low cut shirt). I got the impression NPs and PAs were there for the physicians' amusement. Additionally, the HR person was very abrupt and the salary range they proposed was crazy low. This is not the place to go if you are an NP with any self respect for sure, I felt degraded. I know a physician who works there who was able to tell me that they felt I was "blonde but not bubbly blonde" so it wouldn't work for them. I wasn't interested anyway but I was unhappy that I had to go through a friend to even hear anything. I flew all the way there and then they never contacted me ever again, not even an email.

Interview Questions
    • A physician asked "Do you have school aged kids? Will you be putting your kids in Catholic school?"   View Answer