Wake Forest University

Relevance Date Difficulty

Student Interview

Student

Interviewed at Wake Forest University

Interview Details – Complete application for university. Schedule in person interview with university. If you are unable to meet in person you can elect to schedule a skype meeting as well. Interview is very basic but depending on who you interview with can be very difficult.

Interview Question – What would you march on capitol hill for?   Answer Question

MSA Program Interview

MSA Program

Interviewed at Wake Forest University

Interview Details – By scheduled

Interview Question – Would you change your career goal if you were not admitted by grad school?   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

Graduate Assistant

I applied online and interviewed at Wake Forest University.

Interview Details – Applied to MCB program with 1150 GRE. 3.26 uGPA Biology.
I received a phone call offering an option of two interview weekends and had some follow up emails. There was a dinner friday night where you meet a lot of applicants and professors from multiple programs. Saturday is all day interviews combined with tours of the hospital and facilities. There were four one-on-one interviews with Principal Investigators. They try to match you with professors of your choosing. Afterwards there was a tour of Winston Salem, then another dinner.

Interview Question – What will you do if this doesn't work out?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Assistant Professor Interview

Assistant Professor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wake Forest University.

Interview Details – Straightforward

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation

Development Officer Interview

Development Officer
Winston-Salem, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Wake Forest University in September 2008.

Interview Details – I was recruited by an outside search firm retained to support Wake Forest in its development department's expansion. After a fairly thorough phone screen, I heard nothing for about 4 weeks, then received a phone call directly from the in-house recruiting team to set up an in-person interview. The whole process was beautifully managed, from putting me up at Graylen, an historic house that is now a hotel and conference center, to the actual day of interviews. It was not until I got there that I realized I was a finalist, not an early-round candidate, and met with nearly a dozen people in one day. Everyone was gracious, easy to interact with during the interviews, and seemed well-prepared.

Negotiation Details – Very reasonable.

ETL/SQL Developer Interview

ETL/SQL Developer
Winston-Salem, NC

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wake Forest University in April 2012.

Interview Details – Applied on-line off job board hit (SimplyHired.com). Contacted for a phone interview. 30 minute phone interview with the actual manager role would report to. Then invited on-site for panel interview with manager, project manager, and contract SQL Developer they had kept on staff for 1 year to begin customization of BlackBaud. Two weeks later received an e-mail decline.

Interview Question – Describe in detail the system tables you'll need to query against to build documentation from the ground up for an undocumented series of database tables, and which fields would be key from those tables?   Answer Question

University Advancement Interview

University Advancement
Winston-Salem, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Wake Forest University in April 2012.

Interview Details – Initial contact was via phone; wanted me to come (from out of state) within a few days but was able to schedule for two weeks from them. Took a few back and forths in order to nail down an exact date. Actual interview involved several one-on-one meetings as well as several group meetings plus lunch.

Interview Question – This job involves long hours (duh...what job doesn't)   Answer Question

Post Doctoral Research Fellow Interview

Post Doctoral Research Fellow
Winston-Salem, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Wake Forest University in October 2008.

Interview Details – The interview was fairly like any other interview. Phone interview, then in person interview with a group of investigators and then was given the job offer

Interview Question – Do you think you can handle and bring this project to success?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – This is always the tough nut to crack. It varies from person to person. It was just OK.

General Interview

General
Winston-Salem, NC

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wake Forest University in August 2008.

Interview Details – prescreen on the phone, visit for 1 on 1 interview, drug test within 2 days, backgrounch check, the best thing to do is be calm and give good eye contact. it is hard to get in without knowing someone. when you get the offer the drug test must be taken in 2 days or less or they will withdraw the offer

Interview Question – why should be select you   Answer Question

Graduate Student Interview

Graduate Student

I applied online and interviewed at Wake Forest University.

Interview Details – The wait for interview could be long since some programs accept students on a rolling basis. The time lag between submitting your application and finally getting accepted can take 3 to 5 months. But keeping in touch with faculty wouldn't be a bad idea. Since this is a teaching college, often times, professors are really responsive even when you are not their students yet.

Interview Question – Professor tried to keep it quite casual. The main goal of the conversation was to see whether you could communicate effective to work as a TA later.   Answer Question

Worked for Wake Forest University? Contribute to the Community!