Wake Forest University Interview Questions in Winston-Salem, NC

Updated Apr 12, 2015

3.4

Undergraduate Admission Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wake Forest University (Winston-Salem, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

A very cozy and conversational interview. Applicants were allowed to be themselves and it was more of an intellectual conversation between friends or relatives. Aside from the standard questions, the interviewer wanted to see who you were as a person rather than just a number. It didn't have a time limit and applicants could be as expressible and honest as they liked. They looked at character a lot more than just credentials.

Interview Questions

• Describe an issue that you would march on Washington for.   Answer Question

ETL/SQL Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wake Forest University (Winston-Salem, NC) in April 2012.

Interview

Applied on-line off job board hit (SimplyHired.com). Contacted for a phone interview. 30 minute phone interview with the actual manager role would report to. Then invited on-site for panel interview with manager, project manager, and contract SQL Developer they had kept on staff for 1 year to begin customization of BlackBaud. Two weeks later received an e-mail decline.

Interview Questions

• Describe in detail the system tables you'll need to query against to build documentation from the ground up for an undocumented series of database tables, and which fields would be key from those tables?   Answer Question

University Advancement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Wake Forest University (Winston-Salem, NC) in April 2012.

Interview

Initial contact was via phone; wanted me to come (from out of state) within a few days but was able to schedule for two weeks from them. Took a few back and forths in order to nail down an exact date. Actual interview involved several one-on-one meetings as well as several group meetings plus lunch.

Postdoctoral Research Associate (Physics) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Wake Forest University (Winston-Salem, NC) in May 2010.

Interview

Interviews are not in depth; does not focus on passion for teaching. Seems to be a hit and miss interview process. Peer involvement is limited s you don't have chance to evaluate department collegiality.

Interview Questions

• What research are you interested in. I am not. I want to teach.   Answer Question

Post Doctoral Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Wake Forest University (Winston-Salem, NC) in October 2008.

Interview

The interview was fairly like any other interview. Phone interview, then in person interview with a group of investigators and then was given the job offer

Interview Questions

• Do you think you can handle and bring this project to success?   1 Answer

Negotiation

This is always the tough nut to crack. It varies from person to person. It was just OK.

Development Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Wake Forest University (Winston-Salem, NC) in September 2008.

Interview

I was recruited by an outside search firm retained to support Wake Forest in its development department's expansion. After a fairly thorough phone screen, I heard nothing for about 4 weeks, then received a phone call directly from the in-house recruiting team to set up an in-person interview. The whole process was beautifully managed, from putting me up at Graylen, an historic house that is now a hotel and conference center, to the actual day of interviews. It was not until I got there that I realized I was a finalist, not an early-round candidate, and met with nearly a dozen people in one day. Everyone was gracious, easy to interact with during the interviews, and seemed well-prepared.

Negotiation

Very reasonable.

General Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wake Forest University (Winston-Salem, NC) in August 2008.

Interview

prescreen on the phone, visit for 1 on 1 interview, drug test within 2 days, backgrounch check, the best thing to do is be calm and give good eye contact. it is hard to get in without knowing someone. when you get the offer the drug test must be taken in 2 days or less or they will withdraw the offer