Wake Technical Community College

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Full Time Faculty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Wake Technical Community College in March 2010.

I was interviewed by a panel, then I gave a 15 min teaching demo, then I was taken to a private area to respond to a timed essay prompt. The teaching demo had to be about one of five topics they provided me with weeks before the interview, so there was plenty of time to prepare.

The interview questions really threw me. I was prepared to answer lots of questions about teaching, classroom practice, etc., but there were lots of oddballs (in my opinion) that must have given me a deer-in-headlights look. I felt unprepared and put on the spot!!

More typical questions that I expected were:

What challenges do teachers face in the adult classroom?
What challenges to students face at a community college?
How do you get students to do their outside reading?
What texts have your taught from previously?
What professional development opportunities have you participated in during the last five years? Why did you choose these?

Interview Questions
  • What management style do you prefer in a supervisor?   Answer Question
  • What management style did your last supervisor have, and how successful was your work with this person?   Answer Question
  • Have you ever changed or questioned a school policy?   Answer Question
  • What would your response be if something happened, such as a student questioning something or a situation occurring in the classroom, to which there is no policy?   Answer Question

Worked for Wake Technical Community College? Contribute to the Community!