Wake Technical Community College Interview Questions

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wake Technical Community College

Instructor Interview

Interview

Very brief and job specific. No typical interview questions. Presentation skills are a must.

Interview Questions

• When you can you start was asked during the initial interview.   Answer Question

Adjunct Professor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Wake Technical Community College in November 2013.

Interview

Received an email from AD of department who requested an interview within 48 hours. I completed the interview and teaching demonstration with no problems. My background matched all criteria. They requested my class availability for the upcoming semester.

Interview Questions

• A variety of standard questions including learning platform (they use BlackBoard) were asked. One question about rotating between various subjects to teach was asked as well.   Answer Question

Pre-Curriculum Math Instructor Interview

Application

interviewed at Wake Technical Community College in August 2012.

Interview

It takes a while to be hired through Hr but the interview is fairly straightforward. Be prepared for a panel interview, and they'll ask you questions about your familiarity with the North Carolina math redesign. You'll also have to prepare a mock lesson and teach it to the panel.

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Wake Technical Community College (Raleigh, NC) in April 2012.

Interview

Single Interview discussing qualifications and background on teaching specific classes

Interview Questions

• All questions were about the same level of difficulty.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Full Time Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Wake Technical Community College (Raleigh, NC) in March 2010.

Interview

I was interviewed by a panel, then I gave a 15 min teaching demo, then I was taken to a private area to respond to a timed essay prompt. The teaching demo had to be about one of five topics they provided me with weeks before the interview, so there was plenty of time to prepare. The interview questions really threw me. I was prepared to answer lots of questions about teaching, classroom practice, etc., but there were lots of oddballs (in my opinion) that must have given me a deer-in-headlights look. I felt unprepared and put on the spot!! More typical questions that I expected were: What challenges do teachers face in the adult classroom? What challenges to students face at a community college? How do you get students to do their outside reading? What texts have your taught from previously? What professional development opportunities have you participated in during the last five years? Why did you choose these?

Interview Questions

• What management style do you prefer in a supervisor?   Answer Question
    • What management style did your last supervisor have, and how successful was your work with this person?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever changed or questioned a school policy?   Answer Question
    • What would your response be if something happened, such as a student questioning something or a situation occurring in the classroom, to which there is no policy?   Answer Question

Helpdesk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Wake Technical Community College in April 2008.

Interview

Asked a few questions, went over my resume

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was no negotiation, set hourly rate