WakeMed Health and Hospitals

Relevance Date Difficulty

Nurse Aide Interview

Nurse Aide
Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at WakeMed Health and Hospitals in October 2010.

Interview Details – Phone Call from Department Manager
Interviewed - Completed Forms at Interview
Phone Call from HR within one week for Job Offer
Orientation is one week and they schedule monthly (you need to be available 8-4 Mon-Thu)

Interview Question – Behavioral Style Questions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not too bad, was offered more than job site

Any Interview

Any
Raleigh, NC

I applied online and interviewed at WakeMed Health and Hospitals.

Interview Details – Phone interview then in-person interview mostly with more than one person.

Interview Question – Depends on the manager   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Make sure you put all of the years of experience in a particular field. They are stickers on experience. The more you have the better salary offer. In order to start close to mid-pay range you need to have 10+ years experience in a particular area.

Clinical Dietitian Interview

Clinical Dietitian
Raleigh, NC

I interviewed at WakeMed Health and Hospitals in October 2013.

Interview Details – Very thorough and good follow-up

Interview Question – How do you best fit into our culture   Answer Question

Patient Account Representative Interview

Patient Account Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at WakeMed Health and Hospitals.

Interview Details – phone interview, panel interview with supervisor and 4 employees. Very easy interview, process was quite easy, and non formal.

Interview Question – very general questions nothing was too hard or unexpected. Asked how I work on teams as opposed to independently. How I prioritize competing priorties?   Answer Question

Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at WakeMed Health and Hospitals in January 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was great, went very smoothly; very personable. Applied in October; interviewed mid-January. Took 3 months but the start date is in February, so it wasn't too bad. Got an offer on the spot.

Interview Question – Q: Tell me about a time you provided patient care and thought maybe you could have done something differently?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Raleigh, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at WakeMed Health and Hospitals in January 2010.

Interview Details – I was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – costumer service question. How do I feel about taking out the trash?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Technician Interview

Technician
Cary, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at WakeMed Health and Hospitals in October 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was a bit intimidating because a group of people interviewed me but it was also a very positive experience. The questions were very relevant and to the point and the answers I provided were perfect. I feel they were very competent interviewers because they all knew exactly the kind of employee they were looking for and I felt when I left the interview that I got the job.

Interview Question – How would you handle a situation in which the patient didn't speak english?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I felt I should have been offered more but I love working for WakeMed so it is okay.

Cary, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at WakeMed Health and Hospitals in June 2009.

Interview Details – Overall I was pleased with the interviewing process. I was most frustrated with the fact that I was told that they would be making a decision by the end of the next week and I was not given a decision for six weeks! This was my second time interviewing at this institution and it is extremely difficult to get in. Good Luck!

Interview Question – Describe a situation in your career that involved conflict and how did you handle it?   View Answer

Worked for WakeMed Health and Hospitals? Contribute to the Community!