WakeMed Health and Hospitals Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2014

2.1

Interviews for Top Jobs at WakeMed Health and Hospitals

Patient Account Representative Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at WakeMed Health and Hospitals in May 2011.

easy, very nice ladies that inteviewed me. They will ask you questions about your insurance background as far as if you know how to file hospital claims and if you know the process of doing so. They asked me which one I wanted to work, Medicare or Medicaid and my resume spoke for itself.

Interview Questions
    • None really, just know your medical background in all insurances   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Nurse Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at WakeMed Health and Hospitals in October 2010.

Phone Call from Department Manager
    Interviewed - Completed Forms at Interview
    Phone Call from HR within one week for Job Offer
    Orientation is one week and they schedule monthly (you need to be available 8-4 Mon-Thu)

Interview Questions
    Not too bad, was offered more than job site

Any Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online - interviewed at WakeMed Health and Hospitals.

Phone interview then in-person interview mostly with more than one person.

Interview Questions
    Make sure you put all of the years of experience in a particular field. They are stickers on experience. The more you have the better salary offer. In order to start close to mid-pay range you need to have 10+ years experience in a particular area.

Clinical Dietitian Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

interviewed at WakeMed Health and Hospitals in October 2013.

Very thorough and good follow-up

Patient Account Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at WakeMed Health and Hospitals.

phone interview, panel interview with supervisor and 4 employees. Very easy interview, process was quite easy, and non formal.

Interview Questions
    • very general questions nothing was too hard or unexpected. Asked how I work on teams as opposed to independently. How I prioritize competing priorties?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at WakeMed Health and Hospitals in January 2013.

Interview was great, went very smoothly; very personable. Applied in October; interviewed mid-January. Took 3 months but the start date is in February, so it wasn't too bad. Got an offer on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Q: Tell me about a time you provided patient care and thought maybe you could have done something differently?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at WakeMed Health and Hospitals in January 2010.

I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • costumer service question. How do I feel about taking out the trash?   Answer Question

Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cary, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at WakeMed Health and Hospitals in October 2010.

The interview process was a bit intimidating because a group of people interviewed me but it was also a very positive experience. The questions were very relevant and to the point and the answers I provided were perfect. I feel they were very competent interviewers because they all knew exactly the kind of employee they were looking for and I felt when I left the interview that I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a situation in which the patient didn't speak english?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. I felt I should have been offered more but I love working for WakeMed so it is okay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cary, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at WakeMed Health and Hospitals in June 2009.

Overall I was pleased with the interviewing process. I was most frustrated with the fact that I was told that they would be making a decision by the end of the next week and I was not given a decision for six weeks! This was my second time interviewing at this institution and it is extremely difficult to get in. Good Luck!

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in your career that involved conflict and how did you handle it?   View Answer

Worked for WakeMed Health and Hospitals? Contribute to the Community!