WalMart Canada Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grove City, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at WalMart Canada (Grove City, OH) in November 2010.

Interview

i was called in for a interview,brought back in for a second. all the normal questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for WalMart Canada

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guelph, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at WalMart Canada (Guelph, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

Consisted of 3 parts: first we did introductions then we did some role play scenarios with a partner. For my interview we had to act out how we would sell the Walmart rewards mastercard to a customer then we had to pretend we were helping a customer look for a pair of shoes. The next part was a little easier, we were given questions to ask the assistant manager and he answered them. The last part was speed dating where 3 assistant managers asked us a few questions and we had a minute to answer them. The interview was 2 hours and there were 9 other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to meet a tight deadline?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to answer a question you didn't know a lot about and give an example.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at WalMart Canada.

Interview

Applied online and was called in for an interview. Easy common sense questions. Was asked to roleplay selling the Walmart Rewards MasterCard to the manager after given five minutes to memorize some facts.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at WalMart Canada.

Interview

Applied online to their website, 2-3 weeks later I received a call from the hiring manager and here they conducted the first interview and after I was notified to come in for a group interview. The manager was very friendly and understand the perspective of how nervous/awkward it can be when being interviewed. There was exactly 10 of us, and some of the others that were there applied for different positions. During the group interview we had to peer up and were given a product and later we had to present a little skit in front of the group of how we would sell the product, then after we proceeded with another group interview.

Interview Questions

• - Why do you want to work at wal-mart?
      - Name a time where you dealt with a complicated problem with a simple solution?

2 Answers

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at WalMart Canada.

Interview

I applied online. Took about 2 weeks to get a phone call, set up a phone interview for a couple days later. The assistant manager did the phone interview, she was super nice. Questions were pretty basic, easy if you have customer-service experience. What does customer service mean to you? When have you gone above and beyond your job description in a previous job. I had trouble getting interviews at other places because I work my other job on Sundays, but they didn't seem to care, they must need employees.
    They called me back a couple of hours after my phone interview to invite me to come to a group interview (which is tonight). This interview seems a little bit unorganized...it was originally scheduled for last night, then they rescheduled it for 4pm today, and then they rescheduled it again for 6 pm. Hopefully the interview goes much better!

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected if you have held customer-service positions before.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barrie, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at WalMart Canada (Barrie, ON (Canada)) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online for the position. You have an assessment to fill out as a part of it. About a month later, I got a call asking if I was still looking for employment. I said yes, then I did a phone interview that took about 20 minutes. I was then told that I would be called back with an time to go in for a group interview. About four days later, I got the call to come in for the group interview with references and ID. I was quite nervous, as this was my first job interview, ever. The group interview actually worked out really well.

The group interview was with about 8 people in total. When I first got there, I had to fill out a form allowing them to make a background check (only if you are 18+) and gave them my references and ID. There were three managers there, with only one of them really asking questions, while the others wrote down notes. It was quite informal. Everyone was really nice. We did quite a few activities. First, we had to introduce the person sitting next to us to the rest of the group. Then, we were given an age group and were asked: What would you need to know about the product to sell it to this person? Afterwards, we had to try to sell the Walmart Rewards Mastercard to the same partner as a roleplay. Again, with the same partner we were given an item to try to sell to them. Then, the managers explained some of the perks of working there and what would be needed from us. We were given a break. When we came back in there were three more managers, and we did a speed dating like interviews, where you were given two minutes to answer each of the manager's questions. Finally, we were told that we would be called, and that the later we were called the better.

Two days later, I was called with a time to come in for orientation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you found a simple solution to a tough problem.   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a manager told you to change the way you were doing something even though you knew it was the correct way?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at WalMart Canada.

Interview

The interview process is quite easy, first you receive a phone call with the help of your resume and the online assessment. The store then takes a phone interview from you and informs for a group session interview. When I went there, the manager and the department manager were only there to take the interview. At the end we did a role play. They don't ask you difficult questions at all!

Interview Questions

• "Why do you want to work at Walmart?" "What does good customer service mean to you?"   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at WalMart Canada.

Interview

Interview process is a joke. I show up wearing nice clothes, and there were 8 other people there dressed in clothes ranging from pajamas to just sloppy clothes in general. Any normal company would not hire these people based off first impression alone. But they did, every single one of them got hired. You get to do musical chairs in front of department managers who ask you the usual pointless questions. What would you do in such and such a position? Why do you want to work for us? etc. Then you get to do a skit with the other people about how you would help a customer. And then you get to play a dumb boardgame dealing with walmart's philosophy and learning about their history. Also, there's a phone interview you have to pass before you get the second group interview. I applied at two locations, one closest to me and one a lot farther. Of course I didn't pass the phone interview for the one closest to me, though of course I got in at the other one even though I answered the questions in the exact same way. Oh, and prior to this of course you have to complete and totally lie on a personality quiz.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Walmart? (this is where you have to lie big time) And What problems did you have with your previous employer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

lol, there was no negotiation. They give you this bogus overview about how because you had 4 years of prior customer service you get a measly 25cent raise above minimum wage. Woo-hoo.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at WalMart Canada.

Interview

Had a phone interview and they asked why I wanted to work at Wal-Mart, what I had learned from my previous work experiences. They also asked for references. Second interview was a group interview and we had to act out different scenarios and how to deal with customers.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saskatoon, SK (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at WalMart Canada (Saskatoon, SK (Canada)).

Interview

After applying online received a call where a lady asked me couple of quesions and told me that I would receive another call the next day for a phone interview. The phone interview went pretty well and I was invited for a group interview the following day. The group interview went smoothly adn though they said they will call within 48 hours they actually called after that. So those 48 hours were kind of nerve wrecking!

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you had to come up with a simple solution of a complicated problem   Answer Question

Negotiation

there were no negotiation phase