WalMart Canada

Average Difficulty
23 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Grove City, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at WalMart Canada in November 2010.

Interview Details – i was called in for a interview,brought back in for a second. all the normal questions.

Interview Question – what do you find challenging about your job.   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at WalMart Canada.

Interview Details – Interview process is a joke. I show up wearing nice clothes, and there were 8 other people there dressed in clothes ranging from pajamas to just sloppy clothes in general. Any normal company would not hire these people based off first impression alone. But they did, every single one of them got hired. You get to do musical chairs in front of department managers who ask you the usual pointless questions. What would you do in such and such a position? Why do you want to work for us? etc. Then you get to do a skit with the other people about how you would help a customer. And then you get to play a dumb boardgame dealing with walmart's philosophy and learning about their history. Also, there's a phone interview you have to pass before you get the second group interview. I applied at two locations, one closest to me and one a lot farther. Of course I didn't pass the phone interview for the one closest to me, though of course I got in at the other one even though I answered the questions in the exact same way. Oh, and prior to this of course you have to complete and totally lie on a personality quiz.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Walmart? (this is where you have to lie big time) And What problems did you have with your previous employer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – lol, there was no negotiation. They give you this bogus overview about how because you had 4 years of prior customer service you get a measly 25cent raise above minimum wage. Woo-hoo.

Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at WalMart Canada in March 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and about two weeks later, I got a call from one of the department managers. He asked me a few initial interview questions over the phone, and about an hour after that I got a call asking me to come in for a group interview the next week.

The group interview was an interesting experience. It was my first job interview ever, and I liked it because it took a bit of pressure off of me. We started out by introducing each other, then did scenarios (things like upselling, trying to sell a Walmart Mastercard, etc.) We met the store manager and at the end of the interview, we did a speed-interviewing process with five or six of the department managers. They each asked two or three questions - pretty general ones like availability, why you want to work there, a time you were put under pressure and how you dealt with it, etc.

Within the next day or two I received a call with a job offer. I went in, gave them my references, signed some paperwork, and started training a few days after.

Interview Question – Having to sell the Walmart Mastercard to the interviewer - there was information on a board but it was pretty awkward having to do it in front of a bunch of other people, especially since everyone else was paired with other candidates for their scenarios.   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at WalMart Canada.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview and they asked why I wanted to work at Wal-Mart, what I had learned from my previous work experiences. They also asked for references. Second interview was a group interview and we had to act out different scenarios and how to deal with customers.

Interview Question – How good are you at time management?   Answer Question

Saskatoon, SK (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at WalMart Canada.

Interview Details – After applying online received a call where a lady asked me couple of quesions and told me that I would receive another call the next day for a phone interview. The phone interview went pretty well and I was invited for a group interview the following day. The group interview went smoothly adn though they said they will call within 48 hours they actually called after that. So those 48 hours were kind of nerve wrecking!

Interview Question – Explain a situation where you had to come up with a simple solution of a complicated problem   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there were no negotiation phase

Cashier

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at WalMart Canada.

Interview Details – Applied online, was contacted by phone to come to a group interview. The interview involves different stations with different activities. For example, at one station your group was given some time to market an item and present to the interviewers. At another, it was like speed dating, where you rotated around to different managers and they asked you questions.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult - just the typical questions like why you want to work there. Just be friendly and communicate well.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated working hours. It's very hard to change your hours later on once you're employed, so from the very beginning you must set clear expectations.

Very Easy Interview

Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at WalMart Canada in July 2012.

Interview Details – Are you willing to work 24/7?

Interview Question – Are you willing to relocate?   Answer Question

Victoria, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at WalMart Canada in October 2012.

Interview Details – Initial phone conversation, then a group hiring process that was interesting and less stressful than a one on one.

Interview Question – The "past situation" questions can be tough if you don't have any experience, and are difficult to process and answer in "speed interviewing".   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Make sure you set up your availability, I recommend stating minimum because adding hours can be a lot easier than taking them away.

Cambridge, ON (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at WalMart Canada in June 2012.

Interview Details – You have to apply online. After, they call you and conduct a brief phone interview. If they like you, youll get another call back to go in for a group interview which is very similar to speed networking. After that, you'll get another call back to meet with the store manager and be offered your position. That's where they tell you about wages. You then have to wait until their next orientation date and then youll be working.

Interview Question – During the group interview, there was role playing where you grouped up with one or two other applicants and worked out certain situations. My group had to sell an iron to a father.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They pay you on a minimum wage + related experience rate.

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at WalMart Canada in July 2012.

Interview Details – Two part Interview, the more generic Walmart Interview, and the Managers Interview.

Interview Question – They were all pretty straight forward, one that I remember is; Tell me a time you had show good teamwork.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much negotiation.

Worked for WalMart Canada? Contribute to the Community!