WalMart Canada Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grove City, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at WalMart Canada (Grove City, OH) in November 2010.

Interview

i was called in for a interview,brought back in for a second. all the normal questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for WalMart Canada

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at WalMart Canada.

Interview

Applied online, two weeks later I got a call asking about my work history and availability and other basic questions that were on my application. They said I was successful and someone would call in 4 days. That person called 1 month later. She asked questions like, "Name a time that you went above and beyond in your job" for maybe 5-10 mins. After she said someone would be in contact. Four days later I was asked to come in for a group interview. There was 4 of us and we were paired off. We filled out paper work (criminal record and references) and then met all the managers and they left after. We had to introduce our partner, then we acted out a situation and discuss the problems. After we had to sell a product to our partner (Off bug spray clip, Walmart rewards MasterCard). Then all the managers came back and we did a speed dating type thing where they each individually asked us a question and we had 90 seconds to respond. The whole group interview took about an hour and they said someone would contact us in 24-48 hours whether we were successful or not. I was successful and they said someone would contact me later. 5 days later someone called and asked me to come in for an interview with the store manager. Took about 15 mins very quick and easy, the store manager officially hires you and you sign paperwork and you are invited to orientation. It was a VERY long process for me but very easy.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you went above and beyond in your job   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at WalMart Canada in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and the next day I received a phone call. I missed the call and a couple days later I called Walmart letting them know I was still interested in the position. I was asked about my availability and position I applied for and I was told she would print off my application and give it to the manager in that department. About a week or so later I received another call and it was a manager. I was told a group interview would be occurring the next day and I was asked if I would be able to attend, I said yes. I was then asked about my availability and why do I want to work for Walmart. The manager then asked me about six behavioral type questions. I found the manager very easy to talk too and easy going as well. The group interview consisted of five parts. The first part was introducing your partner. The second part was selling the Walmart Rewards MasterCard, then there was a role-play scenario that occurred with my partner. From there candidates received a sheet of paper that had some questions on it (they had to do with selling/customer service) and we had to answer them. The last part consisted of two managers sitting in separate spots in the room and they asked each candidate one question each. We then got asked again about our availability and then it ended.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Walmart? What is one thing you want to accomplish in your life? How would you deal with a customer who is being diffult? Name a time you dealt with a tricky situation, but had a simple solution.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guelph, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at WalMart Canada (Guelph, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

Consisted of 3 parts: first we did introductions then we did some role play scenarios with a partner. For my interview we had to act out how we would sell the Walmart rewards mastercard to a customer then we had to pretend we were helping a customer look for a pair of shoes. The next part was a little easier, we were given questions to ask the assistant manager and he answered them. The last part was speed dating where 3 assistant managers asked us a few questions and we had a minute to answer them. The interview was 2 hours and there were 9 other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to meet a tight deadline?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to answer a question you didn't know a lot about and give an example.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at WalMart Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call about 2 weeks later. The questions were pretty basic, they just asked why I wanted to work for them, and a bunch of behavioral questions. I was then called into a group interview about a week after. The group interview was pretty casual but really long. Lots of people wore jeans. We first had to partner up and introduce our partner to the others. Then each pair had role play where we had to sell some item to a random age group. After we had to analyse a situation where a customer was feeling annoyed, and then role play selling a Walmart MasterCard to a customer. Finally, we had a speed-dating kind of situation where we all sat in front of the managers of the store and they just asked us a bunch of behavioral questions, similar to what was asked in the phone interview. After a couple of days pretty much everyone at the group interview was hired from what I saw. We just came back to give them our references, talk with one of the managers, sign papers and all that.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you did more than what was expected of you?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at WalMart Canada.

Interview

Applied online and was called in for an interview. Easy common sense questions. Was asked to roleplay selling the Walmart Rewards MasterCard to the manager after given five minutes to memorize some facts.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at WalMart Canada.

Interview

Applied online to their website, 2-3 weeks later I received a call from the hiring manager and here they conducted the first interview and after I was notified to come in for a group interview. The manager was very friendly and understand the perspective of how nervous/awkward it can be when being interviewed. There was exactly 10 of us, and some of the others that were there applied for different positions. During the group interview we had to peer up and were given a product and later we had to present a little skit in front of the group of how we would sell the product, then after we proceeded with another group interview.

Interview Questions

• - Why do you want to work at wal-mart? - Name a time where you dealt with a complicated problem with a simple solution?   2 Answers

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at WalMart Canada.

Interview

I applied online. Took about 2 weeks to get a phone call, set up a phone interview for a couple days later. The assistant manager did the phone interview, she was super nice. Questions were pretty basic, easy if you have customer-service experience. What does customer service mean to you? When have you gone above and beyond your job description in a previous job. I had trouble getting interviews at other places because I work my other job on Sundays, but they didn't seem to care, they must need employees. They called me back a couple of hours after my phone interview to invite me to come to a group interview (which is tonight). This interview seems a little bit unorganized...it was originally scheduled for last night, then they rescheduled it for 4pm today, and then they rescheduled it again for 6 pm. Hopefully the interview goes much better!

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected if you have held customer-service positions before.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barrie, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at WalMart Canada (Barrie, ON (Canada)) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online for the position. You have an assessment to fill out as a part of it. About a month later, I got a call asking if I was still looking for employment. I said yes, then I did a phone interview that took about 20 minutes. I was then told that I would be called back with an time to go in for a group interview. About four days later, I got the call to come in for the group interview with references and ID. I was quite nervous, as this was my first job interview, ever. The group interview actually worked out really well. The group interview was with about 8 people in total. When I first got there, I had to fill out a form allowing them to make a background check (only if you are 18+) and gave them my references and ID. There were three managers there, with only one of them really asking questions, while the others wrote down notes. It was quite informal. Everyone was really nice. We did quite a few activities. First, we had to introduce the person sitting next to us to the rest of the group. Then, we were given an age group and were asked: What would you need to know about the product to sell it to this person? Afterwards, we had to try to sell the Walmart Rewards Mastercard to the same partner as a roleplay. Again, with the same partner we were given an item to try to sell to them. Then, the managers explained some of the perks of working there and what would be needed from us. We were given a break. When we came back in there were three more managers, and we did a speed dating like interviews, where you were given two minutes to answer each of the manager's questions. Finally, we were told that we would be called, and that the later we were called the better. Two days later, I was called with a time to come in for orientation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you found a simple solution to a tough problem.   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a manager told you to change the way you were doing something even though you knew it was the correct way?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at WalMart Canada.

Interview

The interview process is quite easy, first you receive a phone call with the help of your resume and the online assessment. The store then takes a phone interview from you and informs for a group session interview. When I went there, the manager and the department manager were only there to take the interview. At the end we did a role play. They don't ask you difficult questions at all!

Interview Questions

• "Why do you want to work at Walmart?" "What does good customer service mean to you?"   Answer Question