WalMart Canada Customer Service Manager Interview Questions

2.3

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at WalMart Canada (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online to the Walmart Canada Hiring website, that process took about an hour. The next day I went into the local branch (where the position was posted) and gave my resume to the store manager. He called me that afternoon (4 hours later) to set up an interview for the following week. The interview was 1hr and 30min between myself and the store manager and took place in the hiring manager's office. I followed up with the store manager by e-mail and then was asked to do a phone interview with a talent specialist at the Canadian head office one week following my in-person interview. Three days following the phone interview and a few e-mail's in between I received an official offer of employment. I was called then sent the offer by e-mail. It was a quick and positive hiring experience.

Interview Questions

• All questions came from Walmart's Standard Manager question bank of 60 or more questions. I was asked about 20 questions to determine how I would respond to different scenarios and what experiences I have had with situations that were likely to occur in the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated start date and vacation days. The offer was generous.

Other Interview Reviews for WalMart Canada

Customer Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WalMart Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2010.

Interview

There was one 30 minutes phone interview, then there was a group interview. Fun and enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you have a disagreement with your manager?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Talk about your strength and how you could contribute to the company.

Customer Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WalMart Canada in May 2009.

Interview

The interview was acually quite simple, First, I had a one on one interveiw with the Personnel Manager, she was quite friendly which made me feel very comfortable and relaxed. She asked me a series of questions that were types to see how I would react in different types of situations... Such as, If you had a customer that was very upset what would you do to diffuse the situation? What would you do if you suspected an associate of stealing? Tell me about something you didn't like that your Manager asked you to do and how did you handle it... After answering her questions she called the Store Manager in to meet with me and I was then offered the job.... My advice to others would be to relax don't be nervous and try not to think to long before answering the questions...

Interview Questions

• Tell me about something you didn't like that your Manager asked you to do and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was a retail position, so there really wasn't any negotiating... They let me know that since I had previous retail experiance that my pay would start above the average starting pay...