WalMart Canada Interview Questions & Reviews

2.4

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ontario, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at WalMart Canada in June 2012.

Initial phone review- 15 minutes
    Call back within a few days to plan the first person review
    during this process you are set up in a 'speed date" situation where you are asked multiple questions by multiple other walmart employees with different positions. Next from here you are told whether or not you are right for walmart and brought on to a second interview to where you would accept or deny their proposition for you and from there they gather references for you.

Interview Questions
    • just a few would make you think out of the box, but nothing that would be considered to be too off gard.   Answer Question
    Talking about pay, the rate and whether or not you are going to be fulltime and parttime and what the hours are like for each position

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  North York, PA
    Anonymous Employee in North York, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at WalMart Canada in April 2012.

The first step is to submit a profile on line where you have to answer around 80 questions . The questions are simple behaviour based . If you have retail experience it would be easy to answer these questions. After the online assessment there will be a telephonics interview which will take around 20 mnts .

Interview Questions
    • What is the market share of walmart amongst all the other retail chain ?   View Answer

Pay offered was not as expected . Less hours

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Grove City, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grove City, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at WalMart Canada in November 2010.

i was called in for a interview,brought back in for a second. all the normal questions.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  California, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in California, MD

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at WalMart Canada in November 2009.

When I posted my resume for the aforesaid position. I got a call from their HR department.
    Theu fixed a time and day for a screening interview with the HR recruiter.
    And there on they asked me couple of questions on my education and past experiences.
    After clearing that session I got to have a 1:1 interview by the departmental head for around 45 mins. they asked me few situational based questions.

Interview Questions
    I accepted, whatever they offered.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Barrie, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barrie, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at WalMart Canada in August 2014.

I applied online for the position. You have an assessment to fill out as a part of it. About a month later, I got a call asking if I was still looking for employment. I said yes, then I did a phone interview that took about 20 minutes. I was then told that I would be called back with an time to go in for a group interview. About four days later, I got the call to come in for the group interview with references and ID. I was quite nervous, as this was my first job interview, ever. The group interview actually worked out really well.

The group interview was with about 8 people in total. When I first got there, I had to fill out a form allowing them to make a background check (only if you are 18+) and gave them my references and ID. There were three managers there, with only one of them really asking questions, while the others wrote down notes. It was quite informal. Everyone was really nice. We did quite a few activities. First, we had to introduce the person sitting next to us to the rest of the group. Then, we were given an age group and were asked: What would you need to know about the product to sell it to this person? Afterwards, we had to try to sell the Walmart Rewards Mastercard to the same partner as a roleplay. Again, with the same partner we were given an item to try to sell to them. Then, the managers explained some of the perks of working there and what would be needed from us. We were given a break. When we came back in there were three more managers, and we did a speed dating like interviews, where you were given two minutes to answer each of the manager's questions. Finally, we were told that we would be called, and that the later we were called the better.

Two days later, I was called with a time to come in for orientation.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you found a simple solution to a tough problem.   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a manager told you to change the way you were doing something even though you knew it was the correct way?   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months - interviewed at WalMart Canada.

Was contacted by recruiter and put forth as a candidate a couple of times, after about a six weeks, was selected for a phone interview. Had phone interview with hiring manager and was told I would hear back shortly after this round.

About a week later was asked to come in for an in person interview. Met with the hiring manager and the director of their department. This interview seemed to go really well, was asked some great questions, it felt more like a conversation than an interview. Was told that a decision would be made and responses given after the long weekend. Long weekend went by, and hiring manager went on vacation for a week and a half. Three weeks after the interview I was told that the role was put on hold with no feedback from the hiring manager or director.

Interview Questions
    • There really was none, just spoke about volumes and if I had experience handling them   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at WalMart Canada.

The interview process is quite easy, first you receive a phone call with the help of your resume and the online assessment. The store then takes a phone interview from you and informs for a group session interview. When I went there, the manager and the department manager were only there to take the interview. At the end we did a role play. They don't ask you difficult questions at all!

Interview Questions
    • "Why do you want to work at Walmart?" "What does good customer service mean to you?"   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at WalMart Canada in June 2010.

FIrst, a phone interview with a clerk. Two more interviews with the people department for the general questions and with your manager for the technical quesitons. Very general questions which you can expect from others

Department Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at WalMart Canada.

I did a transfer from another store, so I 2 phone interviews and then they offered me the position. The interview was fairly average, joked around and answered some questions about work experience and such.

Interview Questions
    • all of the questions were really basic, from what i remember. Everything you'd expect to get asked. Always asking for examples of times when...   Answer Question
    did not negotiate.

Finance Interview

There are multiple rounds with Human Resources over the phone and in person. After that there are then multiple rounds of interviews with the hiring manager and later there may be one round with the senior management. The process is pretty standard as in most other multinational companies. Be prepared for 1 to 2 months process.

Interview Questions

Worked for WalMart Canada? Contribute to the Community!