WalMart Canada

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Ontario, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at WalMart Canada in June 2012.

Interview Details – Initial phone review- 15 minutes
Call back within a few days to plan the first person review
during this process you are set up in a 'speed date" situation where you are asked multiple questions by multiple other walmart employees with different positions. Next from here you are told whether or not you are right for walmart and brought on to a second interview to where you would accept or deny their proposition for you and from there they gather references for you.

Interview Question – just a few would make you think out of the box, but nothing that would be considered to be too off gard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Talking about pay, the rate and whether or not you are going to be fulltime and parttime and what the hours are like for each position

Sales Associate Interview

North York, PA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at WalMart Canada in April 2012.

Interview Details – The first step is to submit a profile on line where you have to answer around 80 questions . The questions are simple behaviour based . If you have retail experience it would be easy to answer these questions. After the online assessment there will be a telephonics interview which will take around 20 mnts .

Interview Question – What is the market share of walmart amongst all the other retail chain ?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Pay offered was not as expected . Less hours

Cashier Interview

Grove City, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at WalMart Canada in November 2010.

Interview Details – i was called in for a interview,brought back in for a second. all the normal questions.

Interview Question – what do you find challenging about your job.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
California, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at WalMart Canada in November 2009.

Interview Details – When I posted my resume for the aforesaid position. I got a call from their HR department.
Theu fixed a time and day for a screening interview with the HR recruiter.
And there on they asked me couple of questions on my education and past experiences.
After clearing that session I got to have a 1:1 interview by the departmental head for around 45 mins. they asked me few situational based questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I accepted, whatever they offered.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online and interviewed at WalMart Canada.

Interview Details – poor and unorganized

Interview Question – none except the person was late and another person was interviewing for a different position I had applied for   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – a waiting game again

Overnight Stocker Interview

Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at WalMart Canada in September 2013.

Interview Details – First a call from ontario then a call from local store. Then a group interview with other applicant. Then a group interview with 4 department managers and finally with store manager

Interview Question – questions about costumer service   View Answer

Negotiation Details – About salary expectation

D A R E Program Interview

Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at WalMart Canada in October 2013.

Interview Details – Make sure you apply online and submit your electronic resume. Your post secondary institution may host a WalMart information session, and if they do, make sure you attend and network as much as possible. After this information session, the recruiters they bring there will mention the top 3 people that made a lasting impression on them. From this they will generate a pool of candidates. If successful, they will call you back for a short phone interview. There are 10 candidates that they do 1-on-1 45 minute interviews with. Again, from this top 10 they pick the 4 best candidates and invite you to their head office. The head office interview is the hardest and most intimidating. If you make it to this last stage, you are apart of "the Final 32" (4 per school x 8 schools including Schulich, Ivey, Laurier, Ryerson, Queens). At this all-day final interview, you do lots of stuff and will be very tired by the end of it. First everyone introduces themselves and you get a tour of the head office. You do a case about NASA and ranking 15 items in order based on need and survival in groups of four that will test your personality, how you think and how you work with others. You meet VP's and talk to them and lastly, you do 5/7 back to back panel interviews with about 2-3 employees probing you with questions.

Their hiring process is a total mess - the recruiter for this program is very unprofessional, oddly aggressive and unorganized. I made it to the final round, but going into every round they forgot to contact me and always did it last minute, putting me in a disadvantage compared to other candidates. They will try to pressure cook you with questions, be calm and answer them to the best of your ability! Although it was a long process and messy at times, some people there are actually really nice! Others just hate their life.

They ask a lot of questions about their competitors, strategy related questions, behavioural questions, etc. Make sure you're up to speed about big-box retailers and the changing Canadian retail landscape!

Interview Question – "With the recent entry of Target into the Canadian retail landscape, how will they cannibalize WalMart?" "With Loblaw's recent acquisition of Shoppers Drug Mart, how will this affect WalMart?"   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Walmart Cashier Interview

Walmart Cashier
Sudbury, ON (Canada)

I applied online and interviewed at WalMart Canada.

Interview Details – Applied on line and got a call the very same day.

Interview Question – Taking matters into your own hands by finding an answer to a specific question where you do not know the answer   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at WalMart Canada.

Interview Details – Interview process is a joke. I show up wearing nice clothes, and there were 8 other people there dressed in clothes ranging from pajamas to just sloppy clothes in general. Any normal company would not hire these people based off first impression alone. But they did, every single one of them got hired. You get to do musical chairs in front of department managers who ask you the usual pointless questions. What would you do in such and such a position? Why do you want to work for us? etc. Then you get to do a skit with the other people about how you would help a customer. And then you get to play a dumb boardgame dealing with walmart's philosophy and learning about their history. Also, there's a phone interview you have to pass before you get the second group interview. I applied at two locations, one closest to me and one a lot farther. Of course I didn't pass the phone interview for the one closest to me, though of course I got in at the other one even though I answered the questions in the exact same way. Oh, and prior to this of course you have to complete and totally lie on a personality quiz.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Walmart? (this is where you have to lie big time) And What problems did you have with your previous employer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – lol, there was no negotiation. They give you this bogus overview about how because you had 4 years of prior customer service you get a measly 25cent raise above minimum wage. Woo-hoo.

Very Easy Interview

Jewellery Associate Interview

Jewellery Associate

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at WalMart Canada.

Interview Details – The interview only took 5 mins of the Personnel Manager asking me questions about how long I planned to stay with the job and which position I preferred(I had originally applied for cashier).

Interviews for Top Jobs at WalMart Canada

Worked for WalMart Canada? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at WalMart Canada interview questions and advice. All 109 interview reviews posted anonymously by WalMart Canada employees and interview candidates.