WalMart Canada Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2015

2.7

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at WalMart Canada in July 2015.

Interview

Took 3 months from online application to the interview. Finally get the interview and 2 weeks to receive an email advising I've not been selected. Was supposed to receive feedback from the interviewer and no one called back, even if I requested for feedback. Disappointing process. I know I maybe not have the "fit" for this company but after 3 months, a feedback would be appreciated.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation you had to change your opinion for the benefit of the community any.   Answer Question

Produce Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Windsor, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at WalMart Canada (East Windsor, ON (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

There was two types of interview process. The first one was over the phone. The second is a group session (of where there would be 10 or 11 other people depending on how many are attending the session). I did managed to get through with the phone interview (asking me various questions of when my availability is and general interview question as well as "Tell me about a time when...." type questions). When I got to the group session (also known as a group interview) there was 3 types of scenarios. The first scenario was basically introducing the person next to you. The second scenario was trying to sell a product to a customer (in which case the product will be random but real). That took place before a talk about what Wal-Mart is about. The third scenario is a loud interview (with 4 different managers) giving a "Tell me about a time when...." question in which case you have to answer within 40 seconds (and there are 4 questions - in which case each manager can give out one question per candidate). I guess the last was a Wal-Mart cheer. So far, they mentioned that they would give a call back within a day or two (in which case it has already passed a day or two) and that I did not hear back from Wal-Mart with an offer. I had a similar type of interview back in December of 2014 (that I was applying for both Tire and Lube and Overnight 3rd stock). They gave me a call back within the two-day range and told me that they already chosen a candidate who skills are more qualified. Did I felt very satisfied about both of these Wal-Mart interviews? Not really - but I did remembered that for the Wal-Mart December 2014 interview I received a survey within a week and sent them an email to say that it would be easier if they make the interview process easier by not asking "Tell me about a time...." questions. I don't think Wal-Mart really cares about those surveys anyways. They never bothered to reply to those surveys.

Interview Questions

• There was a few of the "tell me about a time...." questions.   2 Answers

Third Shift Instock Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thunder Bay, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WalMart Canada (Thunder Bay, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

I had two phone interviews and a group interview with ten other people. The phone interviews were pretty much the standard screening type of interview. The group interview was different than any I had before. We were paired with a partner and asked to ask them three questions that they provided, then introduce them. Then there was a "speed dating" thing they did with different managers asking you a question you had 60 seconds to answer then you they switched.

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WalMart Canada (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through my university coop program. The whole process took about two weeks to get an interview call. The interview was smooth, interviewers were friendly. They asked basic behavioral questions such as what are your strengths, what are your weaknesses, related questions to teamwork, leadership.. etc.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your strengths?   1 Answer

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at WalMart Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

it is very easy main customer oriented situation based questions, how to deal angry customer, how to increase business etc.it is very easy main customer oriented situation based questions, how to deal angry customer, how to increase business etc.it is very easy main customer oriented situation based questions, how to deal angry customer, how to increase business etc.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WalMart Canada.

Interview

Applied online to their website, 2-3 weeks later I received a call from the hiring manager and here they conducted the first interview and after I was notified to come in for a group interview. The manager was very friendly and understand the perspective of how nervous/awkward it can be when being interviewed. There was exactly 10 of us, and some of the others that were there applied for different positions. During the group interview we had to peer up and were given a product and later we had to present a little skit in front of the group of how we would sell the product, then after we proceeded with another group interview.

Interview Questions

• - Why do you want to work at wal-mart? - Name a time where you dealt with a complicated problem with a simple solution?   2 Answers

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WalMart Canada.

Interview

I applied online. Took about 2 weeks to get a phone call, set up a phone interview for a couple days later. The assistant manager did the phone interview, she was super nice. Questions were pretty basic, easy if you have customer-service experience. What does customer service mean to you? When have you gone above and beyond your job description in a previous job. I had trouble getting interviews at other places because I work my other job on Sundays, but they didn't seem to care, they must need employees. They called me back a couple of hours after my phone interview to invite me to come to a group interview (which is tonight). This interview seems a little bit unorganized...it was originally scheduled for last night, then they rescheduled it for 4pm today, and then they rescheduled it again for 6 pm. Hopefully the interview goes much better!

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected if you have held customer-service positions before.   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at WalMart Canada (Mississauga, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter and put forth as a candidate a couple of times, after about a six weeks, was selected for a phone interview. Had phone interview with hiring manager and was told I would hear back shortly after this round. About a week later was asked to come in for an in person interview. Met with the hiring manager and the director of their department. This interview seemed to go really well, was asked some great questions, it felt more like a conversation than an interview. Was told that a decision would be made and responses given after the long weekend. Long weekend went by, and hiring manager went on vacation for a week and a half. Three weeks after the interview I was told that the role was put on hold with no feedback from the hiring manager or director.

Interview Questions

• There really was none, just spoke about volumes and if I had experience handling them   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surrey, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WalMart Canada (Surrey, BC (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

I was called for an interview. I was told to report to the customer service desk. When I got there, I was told to go to the layaway desk at the back of the store. There was no sign for a layaway desk, but there was an empty counter, and when I approached it, an employee walked up from behind me and asked if I was there for an interview. She went to get the interviewer. The interviewer led me to a large barren room with a concrete floor and folding tables and chairs instead of interviewing me in an office, conference, or meeting room. There was another woman sitting at the other end of the room going through piles of papers. The interviewer indicated that she was preparing for an audit. It was the strangest setting for an interview that I had ever seen. The interviewer asked me behavioural questions about customer service such as, "Tell me about a time that you went out of your way to provide exceptional customer service." There were no questions about HR duties. The interviewer said that here had been over 30 applicants, and she would be interviewing for several more days, but would let me know Thursday. I never heard from her.

Interview Questions

• I had expected questions about HR, but they were all customer service questions that would also apply to clerks and cashiers.   Answer Question

Inventory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at WalMart Canada (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in January 2014.

Interview

Pretty easy. I applied online and had a group interview session which as pretty easy. The whole process took approximately 4-5 week (because the HR lost my documents and i had to keep on follow up). My over all experience with the job was average.

Interview Questions

• what is the biggest mistake have you ever done at work ?   Answer Question