WalMart Canada Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015

2.3

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guelph, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at WalMart Canada (Guelph, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

Consisted of 3 parts: first we did introductions then we did some role play scenarios with a partner. For my interview we had to act out how we would sell the Walmart rewards mastercard to a customer then we had to pretend we were helping a customer look for a pair of shoes. The next part was a little easier, we were given questions to ask the assistant manager and he answered them. The last part was speed dating where 3 assistant managers asked us a few questions and we had a minute to answer them. The interview was 2 hours and there were 9 other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to meet a tight deadline?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to answer a question you didn't know a lot about and give an example.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at WalMart Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call about 2 weeks later. The questions were pretty basic, they just asked why I wanted to work for them, and a bunch of behavioral questions. I was then called into a group interview about a week after. The group interview was pretty casual but really long. Lots of people wore jeans. We first had to partner up and introduce our partner to the others. Then each pair had role play where we had to sell some item to a random age group. After we had to analyse a situation where a customer was feeling annoyed, and then role play selling a Walmart MasterCard to a customer. Finally, we had a speed-dating kind of situation where we all sat in front of the managers of the store and they just asked us a bunch of behavioral questions, similar to what was asked in the phone interview. After a couple of days pretty much everyone at the group interview was hired from what I saw. We just came back to give them our references, talk with one of the managers, sign papers and all that.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you did more than what was expected of you?   Answer Question

Night Stocker Interview

Interview

Phone interview at the most unpleasant time. Called me in the morning and I was unprepared but I got by. Group interview at second stage which is awkward. Gave us scenarios to play out which was not fun but you'll get though it. Next was training and orientation which was equally as awkward.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle (insert generic customer scenario)?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodstock, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at WalMart Canada (Woodstock, ON (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, waited 2 weeks, did a phone interview, next day did a group interview, 2 days later had a job offer meeting. The group interview was with 3 other potential hires and 3 managers. We had to introduce the person next to us. Then we had to sell a product of our choice. Then did a "speed type" panel of 90 second questions.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at WalMart Canada (Kitchener, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Friendly atmosphere, felt comfortable and not pressured. My interviewer was very professional and we could relate on multiple levels. Again back to the comfort level, not being pressured or stressed from the questions given.

Interview Questions

• What do you like doing outside of work?   1 Answer

Third Shift Instock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thunder Bay, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at WalMart Canada (Thunder Bay, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

I had two phone interviews and a group interview with ten other people. The phone interviews were pretty much the standard screening type of interview. The group interview was different than any I had before. We were paired with a partner and asked to ask them three questions that they provided, then introduce them. Then there was a "speed dating" thing they did with different managers asking you a question you had 60 seconds to answer then you they switched.

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at WalMart Canada (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through my university coop program. The whole process took about two weeks to get an interview call. The interview was smooth, interviewers were friendly. They asked basic behavioral questions such as what are your strengths, what are your weaknesses, related questions to teamwork, leadership.. etc.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your strengths?   1 Answer

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at WalMart Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

it is very easy main customer oriented situation based questions, how to deal angry customer, how to increase business etc.it is very easy main customer oriented situation based questions, how to deal angry customer, how to increase business etc.it is very easy main customer oriented situation based questions, how to deal angry customer, how to increase business etc.

Walmart Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at WalMart Canada in March 2015.

Interview

They called me after a few weeks and scheduled a phone interview and after the phone interview which took about 8 minutes, they told me they would contact me within 24-48 hours to schedule a group interview with about 8-10 people.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I had worked at Walmart before, and my previous job experiences, and I had to name a situation where I went above and beyond what was expected of me   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at WalMart Canada.

Interview

Applied online and was called in for an interview. Easy common sense questions. Was asked to roleplay selling the Walmart Rewards MasterCard to the manager after given five minutes to memorize some facts.