WalMart Canada Interview Questions

Updated Oct 22, 2014
Updated Oct 22, 2014

2.3

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at WalMart Canada.

internal hiring so my interview was my area of responsibility was reviewed for performance

Interview Questions
    • the most difficult was the test that we had to do online test that was challenging in the math and problem solving skills   Answer Question
    it was available but you needed to be assertive to bring it up

Assistant Manager Interview

Apply Online, go through group interview, and interview with District Manager

Second Shift Instock Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at WalMart Canada in October 2013.

Name a situation you go above and beyond your duties in previous job?
    Name a situation you encounter with a problem and it was unresolve?

1)Phone interview-basic questions ex. why you would like to work at Walmart?
    2) Group interview-
    Partner up and introduce your partner to the whole group
    Role play on being customer and sale associate, one trying to sell a pillow, one trying to ask questions on pillow.
    speed dating by 3 managers

D A R E Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at WalMart Canada in October 2013.

Make sure you apply online and submit your electronic resume. Your post secondary institution may host a WalMart information session, and if they do, make sure you attend and network as much as possible. After this information session, the recruiters they bring there will mention the top 3 people that made a lasting impression on them. From this they will generate a pool of candidates. If successful, they will call you back for a short phone interview. There are 10 candidates that they do 1-on-1 45 minute interviews with. Again, from this top 10 they pick the 4 best candidates and invite you to their head office. The head office interview is the hardest and most intimidating. If you make it to this last stage, you are apart of "the Final 32" (4 per school x 8 schools including Schulich, Ivey, Laurier, Ryerson, Queens). At this all-day final interview, you do lots of stuff and will be very tired by the end of it. First everyone introduces themselves and you get a tour of the head office. You do a case about NASA and ranking 15 items in order based on need and survival in groups of four that will test your personality, how you think and how you work with others. You meet VP's and talk to them and lastly, you do 5/7 back to back panel interviews with about 2-3 employees probing you with questions.

Their hiring process is a total mess - the recruiter for this program is very unprofessional, oddly aggressive and unorganized. I made it to the final round, but going into every round they forgot to contact me and always did it last minute, putting me in a disadvantage compared to other candidates. They will try to pressure cook you with questions, be calm and answer them to the best of your ability! Although it was a long process and messy at times, some people there are actually really nice! Others just hate their life.

They ask a lot of questions about their competitors, strategy related questions, behavioural questions, etc. Make sure you're up to speed about big-box retailers and the changing Canadian retail landscape!

Interview Questions
    • "With the recent entry of Target into the Canadian retail landscape, how will they cannibalize WalMart?" "With Loblaw's recent acquisition of Shoppers Drug Mart, how will this affect WalMart?"   View Answer

Overnight Stocker Interview

Applied on the Walmart website and received a phone call several days later, then I went in to sign paperwork which was a contract with a non negotiable pay rate. Found out that I was not going to work for overnight stocking, and that I would be unloading trucks instead. Once hired there was an orientation and some CBLs.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at WalMart Canada.

Had a phone interview and they asked why I wanted to work at Wal-Mart, what I had learned from my previous work experiences. They also asked for references. Second interview was a group interview and we had to act out different scenarios and how to deal with customers.

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at WalMart Canada in September 2013.

First a call from ontario then a call from local store. Then a group interview with other applicant. Then a group interview with 4 department managers and finally with store manager

About salary expectation

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at WalMart Canada.

There were 2 interviews (preliminary and final). If you receive a call after the interview, then you come back to accept their job offer. Once you have signed the job offer, you need to take and pass several WHMIS modules before they allow you to go on the floor with the vest and ID.

Interview Questions
    • These are basic/standard questions normally asked for entry level positions.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. They offer minimum rate any way.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at WalMart Canada.

Phone Call for a Phone Interview, Then a call back for a Group Interview. Group interview was chill. Introductions to other job candidates. Then you were asked to pair off and ask each other questions. Then relay that information to the rest of group. Then a mock customer scenario where you tried to sell a product.

Interview Questions
    Pretty standard, over the phone.

Department Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at WalMart Canada.

Interviewed in a small room with the swas manager of department you are applying for. Asked about 10-20 questions on diffrent scenarios and then asked if you have any questions.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a an customer comes to you with a complaint how would you handle th situtation?   View Answer
    There was none.